**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why would the moderators want to be open with us?

I know I’m going to get hammered for this and that’s ok. I’m not brown nosing Kabam or anything like that. This is just a thought and I could be totally wrong. Yes right now the game has a lot of problems. I have been playing since the start and I do believe this has been the worst time span for the game. I also had to replace my iPhone battery because it was ruined while the overheating issue was happening. I’m asking for everyone to take a minute to think before posting things. We are all more then a name on a screen. Every time something happens in the game some of us get really nasty to the mods on the forums. I don’t think they have anything to do with how the game is running. Anyway I know that if I knew I was going to be called some really nasty things or get hammered every time something happens I would get the “screw them” attitude for sure. I was here the night we had that really long outage. That conversation started to become respectable and the mods that were there that night opened up big time. On that note I would like compensation,a game that doesn’t go down and a lot more transparency from Kabam on problems. I think one of the ways we could do that is showing some respect for the people that are just trying to work and make a living. I am an adult player and I fully believe in give respect get respect. Once again this is just a thought as I would really like to find away to help the community and the Kabam mods to find a middle ground that suits everyone. Thanks for reading god bless.

Comments

• Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Fair enough...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    They can only share the info they are given.
  • Thanks. Yeah I’m not sure it would help but I bet we would hear more if we showed alittle respect. I do get why people feel the way they do. When I got to sign in or get kicked with bost running etc I get angry also. Just to seeing it from both sides and maybe other will too.
  • Your exactly right. They showed they are just people that like marvel. It was like chatting with a friend. Death threats and stuff?? Really?? That’s just unforgivable over a game. Yes I know most of us have spent some money on this game. That is uncalled for. We should really show that we are all human and not animals tbh. Humanity itself has started to really pull apart. I know it seems small but acting like that about a game really shows how far we have fallen from the respecting you neighbors, helping humanity times. I never read a death threat but it has me flabbergasted.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    NNAHHHHH FORGET ALLL OF THAT I WANT MY COMPENSATION AND NO MORE OUTAGES TFFFF
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Lol, kidding. But good post. they probably dont have anything to do with it. especially the moderators. they are just the messengers.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    chicken or the egg?
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    chicken or the egg?

Egg
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    chicken or the egg?

Pretty sure it was the egg. I don’t think dinosaurs were birthed.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    chicken or the egg?

But Thor is the god of Thunder ;)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    chicken or the egg?

But Thor is the god of Thunder ;)

Splish-splash
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Why should they comment? It seems it’s their job. While people may, actually, do go overboard with their comments, many many easily answered questions just go ignored, which seems to rightly ire the community.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Who is loling the op
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    Why should they comment? It seems it’s their job. While people may, actually, do go overboard with their comments, many many easily answered questions just go ignored, which seems to rightly ire the community.

Yep it’s their job but it might not be the simplest thing. If you’ve ever worked as a referee, you know people get upset at close calls and if you make a mistake, they hound you and say horrid things to you personally as if they forget you are another human...when I first started reffing, I got yelled at a bunch for like 3 minor mistakes and it made me hate it and want to never ref again. Of course, I talked to my assigner and he said just to ignore it, and it works🤷🏻‍♂️

TLDR harassment and criticism make people want to shrivel up and hide.

If we would treat our Forum mods with respect they might tell the game team about how the forums have gotten more pleasant toward some them (It’s definitely noticeable, promise) and they will not want to disappoint people who are kind to their co-workers and thus, work a little harder on fixing stuff.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Why should they comment? It seems it’s their job.

A moderator's job is to moderate, not to participate. To the extent that they participate, it is due to the fact that most of the moderators are part of the community coordination group, and it is that job title, not moderator, that implies that they should interact with the community to some extent where it would be beneficial to the community.

But it is not their job to answer every question posed to them. It is actually partially their job to encourage players to communicate with each other and help them with answers to their collective questions. It is in fact against the forum rules to demand replies from them or call them out.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    All depends on what's in their position description and job duties. Titles don't always reflect the full scope of a position. We'll really never know since it's none of our business, and doesn't really matter. They do seem to chime in at times though, not just moderate.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ye there’s no point in shooting the messenger
    The moderators aren’t causing the problems in the game
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Haha... Best... Kabam never close this post. Seems constructive....

And on the other side, my post got closed and hidden then get level 2 warning just because requesting them to guide us through what we can do when we found our war rating keep dropping.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

A moderator's job is to moderate, not to participate. To the extent that they participate, it is due to the fact that most of the moderators are part of the community coordination group, and it is that job title, not moderator, that implies that they should interact with the community to some extent where it would be beneficial to the community.

But it is not their job to answer every question posed to them. It is actually partially their job to encourage players to communicate with each other and help them with answers to their collective questions. It is in fact against the forum rules to demand replies from them or call them out.

Isn’t there an announcement function in there somewhere too? Sort of an “informational” role?

I think that’s the point some are trying to make—namely, that mods or community organizers or whatever they are have a duty to inform and, once they’ve informed, they have also undertaken a duty to correct or update whatever information they provided.

At least that’s how it works in the non-phone game world.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's a matter of whether they want to or not. The Mods I've encountered all want to provide information. It's just that they can only give what they have. Generally, if a comment has been made or a Topic has been acknowledged and there's nothing more to add, people aren't satisfied with that. Fair enough, but that's not the fault of the Mods. They can only give what they have and are permitted to divulge. It really doesn't help anyone to operate out of kind of, sort of, maybe. It's equally as unhelpful to keep repeating, "Nothing yet.".
    I agree that there is a great deal of disrespect that goes on. They're people doing the best they can with what they have. I'm sure they've developed thick skin as a result of the job, but that doesn't make it any less rude to take our frustrations out on them. I think a little more respect in general would go far. I can't imagine it's nice to deal with each day. Been there, done that. Customers can be demanding.
  • Welp.. better someone else said it than me. Glad to see other people coming to this realization.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »

Isn’t there an announcement function in there somewhere too? Sort of an “informational” role?

I think that’s the point some are trying to make—namely, that mods or community organizers or whatever they are have a duty to inform and, once they’ve informed, they have also undertaken a duty to correct or update whatever information they provided.

Yes, there is, and to some extent they've done that and to some extent they haven't always done that well. But I was responding to a comment that implied it was the moderators' explicit job to engage the players in the forums in the general case, which it is not.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Yes, there is, and to some extent they've done that and to some extent they haven't always done that well. But I was responding to a comment that implied it was the moderators' explicit job to engage the players in the forums in the general case, which it is not.

And in that we agree. Community coordinators or whatever they are called have functions distinct from mere moderation.

Dr. Zola
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Not saying one way or another about how well the moderators do their job because I don't know what their job description actually says or what Kabam expects from them. Im sure they're great people. I think it's safe to say though that a lot of people would like more interaction with them, there are a lot of questions that only they can answer or the info given by the community doesn't make sense. They are the only link we have to Kabam. I think that's where a lot of frustration comes from, there's so many unanswered questions floating around and that's usually not something that makes people happy.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I think it is easy to fall into a trap here.

People should be polite to other people, especially if they are interested in the other person helping them.

Moderators are just doing their job, sometimes they don't have information, other times they cannot give the information, but it is their job, and people shouldn't make their lives hell at work.

On the other hand, players have normal questions about kabam and the game sometimes, and those threads get closed down. Sometimes someone would tag the moderators demanding something unrealistic, but other times it is just a normal conversation about game performance. My guess is players usually get upset when the thread gets shut down when it doesn't look favorable to Kabam. Which, again, is not the moderators fault, as they are doing their job.

That is why I think people should stop complaining in these forums, as complains are not welcomed. You have a few specific threads where you can report issues, and then you have the bug and known issues category. The rest is supposed to be a "positive" exchange of opinions. Which is basically not a forum.

I suggest going to reddit for something other than rank up questions, and help the moderators do their job in peace.