**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I feel bad for new players in quick match lol

Comments

• andyh122andyh122 Posts: 22
    seuxorjhu1om.jpg
    Well there went my perfect win rate LOL
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Why do you feel bad? The quick matches always get tougher around 15-20
    Because a 1,295 difference in PI is kinda crazy haha I've never done quick matches before so I'm not sure if there is an infinite streak or what but I just thought it was funny
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Looks doable. That is if quake's stuns do not trigger refect stun
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I asked about an infinity streak yesterday and nobody cared :p
    I started my streak a few years ago and I am now in 50 (i rarely play quickmatch). I think it isn't safe to use 2 or 3 stars anymore, as you will get a crazy match-up. So I start from stronger to weakest, as someone will interrupt me anyway and I will never get to the bottom of my 4 stars. But I don't know how match-ups are generated in quickmatch. Perhaps now that there are more players in it, it will have a more diverse pool of champions.
    Yeah no I lost I was hardly doing any damage then I got trapped in the corner so I had to attack in to create space but he wouldn't throw his specials either meh no biggie I just thought the PI difference was pretty cool
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    It is not necessary to maintain infinite streak. I am using just max 1* and opening 5 crystals at one go.
    Only a 2* WM is missing. Once, I have that bye-bye Quick Match.

Or is there something missing I should know (re infinite streak)?
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    andyh122 wrote: »
    Because a 1,295 difference in PI is kinda crazy haha I've never done quick matches before so I'm not sure if there is an infinite streak or what but I just thought it was funny

Um… at low level that’s “crazy” sure, but have you seen Alliance Quest/War at all?or maybe Master/Uncollected it heavens forbid ActV? Personally losing a “streak” on 1v1 isn’t a big deal when the reward at the moment are 2* crystals of some pretty good champs for the 2* pool and tough fights are always a good test of measure unless it’s the Collector.
    winterthur wrote: »
    It is not necessary to maintain infinite streak. I am using just max 1* and opening 5 crystals at one go.
    Only a 2* WM is missing. Once, I have that bye-bye Quick Match.

Or is there something missing I should know (re infinite streak)?

Depends on what your goal is. I am more interested in maxing champions than in just getting them (I already have all of them, only had one or two missing). So in that case, it would be very inconvenient if i use low level champions and get a death match.

It's not a big deal, but it always felt unfair on the quickmatches.
    So in that case, it would be very inconvenient if i use low level champions and get a death match.

In that case, just restart. Every victory is a crystal, so no hurry.

50 crystals opened and still no 2* WM. Grrrrr...

The irony of having WM as avatar.

• IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I've ran into a few 6* champs and some r5 5*s in there..
    Round 18 to round 22 is the usual save for sp3 death matches (or at least it has been for me) once past that even matches and happy to use sp1 or 2
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    There is no infinite streak. It's supposed to get progressively harder. When you die it resets and you start again. There's no magic or strategy like getting to a streak in the real arenas.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Yeah...even ‘old’ players get tough matchups the longer their streak goes. I used a maxed 4* and got a 6* matchup. Used a 6* and got a r2 6*.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Used a 3/30 Loki on a winstreak of 71 and got paired with a 5/65 voodoo. That's was a 10k pi difference. It's good practice and you'll get better keep at it.
  • Kaiser_RenKaiser_Ren Posts: 20
    Honestly it's super easy and fast to grind out 20 wins and there's no progressive bonus of more crystals the farther you go so if you lose whatever it gets easy again. It is worth noting there are 2*s in here you cannot get another way and that if you max a champion it's just a waste of 25 gold. Not horrible but worth mentioning all the same.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Lol I used to quickmatch all the time and I have like 300-400 wins and most people have a 92% win rate. Around 17 it gets ridiculous
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Yeah, It would be a shame to lose your streak and lose that 3x multiplier in quick match....
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    50 crystals opened and still no 2* WM. Grrrrr...

The irony of having WM as avatar.

If it makes you feel any better, Yondu was the last champ I needed to get.
    crogs wrote: »
    There is no infinite streak. It's supposed to get progressively harder. When you die it resets and you start again. There's no magic or strategy like getting to a streak in the real arenas.

I disagree, I am past streak 100 now, haven't got any death matches. Only used From 4/40 up.