**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New champs in EQ

OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
So I was wondering if anyone knew why did the previous and current EQ don’t feature all the new champs as bosses or as any opponent.

Until last month every playable champ was available to play against. But they missed Wasp and Korg.
I’m just curious as to why because I enjoyed being able to practice against the new champs.

Comments

• BK_1BK_1 Posts: 145
    My guess is that it makes aw a bit harder to fight. Missing champs in EQ means less chance to practice outside of aw. That gives hardcore aw alliances incentive to get them for awd.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Probably because of how they’re heroes and it doesn’t fit in the storyline.... too many “alright summoner, time to test my new armor!”
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    BK_1 wrote: »
    My guess is that it makes aw a bit harder to fight. Missing champs in EQ means less chance to practice outside of aw. That gives hardcore aw alliances incentive to get them for awd.

I thought that would be the reason. Unfortunately that menas no more practice for me give that they're never going back to the old ways.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Probably because of how they’re heroes and it doesn’t fit in the storyline.... too many “alright summoner, time to test my new armor!”

Doesn’t make sense to me. Well, let me clarify, it makes sense, but to me it’s not a good excuse. The story of Mcoc is not so serious that a single quest, or even a fight, where it makes you fight a certain champion would throw the whole thing off. I actually enjoy the storyline and how the new champions are a part of it. But here’s the thing, having a short section this month where korg comes in, is surprised by us and gets defensive, meaning we have to fight him would not “ruin the story” and wouldn’t make it “not fit in”.

The story of Mcoc is not so serious that you can’t make it so we have to fight the new champions. I read the whole story every month, but I wouldn’t mind at all if Wasp said she’d made some upgrades and can she test them by fighting the summoner.

I think it’s a fairly weak excuse that “oh we couldn’t fit them in.” because it’s not like they have to throw a bunch of things around to make room for them. For example this month, Iron patriot literally shows up out of nowhere, says “grr I’m a villain” and then we have to fight him as a boss. That is way more hasty and shoved in that it would have been if Korg was the boss and we’d scared him.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

I’d say maybe a little bit of this and maybe a little bit of mercy towards us. Wasp and Korg could potentially be nightmares to fight in uncollected so maybe they went a little easy on us. I don’t know if you guys have seen Korg’s abilities but his sig looks like it does ridiculous damage if you don’t know what you’re doing and if you’re not very precise.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

I’d say maybe a little bit of this and maybe a little bit of mercy towards us. Wasp and Korg could potentially be nightmares to fight in uncollected so maybe they went a little easy on us. I don’t know if you guys have seen Korg’s abilities but his sig looks like it does ridiculous damage if you don’t know what you’re doing and if you’re not very precise.

Perhaps, but if a champ is so unbelievably hard to fight that they can’t even be the first chapters boss, where you have a smaller health pool than Aw and no masteries, then I feel kabam wouldn’t be happy to launch them into the game.
    Mitchell35 wrote: »

Doesn’t make sense to me. Well, let me clarify, it makes sense, but to me it’s not a good excuse. The story of Mcoc is not so serious that a single quest, or even a fight, where it makes you fight a certain champion would throw the whole thing off. I actually enjoy the storyline and how the new champions are a part of it. But here’s the thing, having a short section this month where korg comes in, is surprised by us and gets defensive, meaning we have to fight him would not “ruin the story” and wouldn’t make it “not fit in”.

The story of Mcoc is not so serious that you can’t make it so we have to fight the new champions. I read the whole story every month, but I wouldn’t mind at all if Wasp said she’d made some upgrades and can she test them by fighting the summoner.

I think it’s a fairly weak excuse that “oh we couldn’t fit them in.” because it’s not like they have to throw a bunch of things around to make room for them. For example this month, Iron patriot literally shows up out of nowhere, says “grr I’m a villain” and then we have to fight him as a boss. That is way more hasty and shoved in that it would have been if Korg was the boss and we’d scared him.

Completely agree. That's why the "less practice for AW" argument makes much more sense to me even though I don't personally agree.

Perhaps, but if a champ is so unbelievably hard to fight that they can’t even be the first chapters boss, where you have a smaller health pool than Aw and no masteries, then I feel kabam wouldn’t be happy to launch them into the game.

That’s a fair point. That’s what they did with IMIW and Domino.

I don't think it's that because when they introduced domino they made her the 1.2 or 2.1 boss (I don't remember exactly) which made her kind of accesible to fight. So if that were they're concern they could make them one of the first champs

Lol you beat me to it.

If I’m not mistaken, IMIW was in the second chapter but I do take your point. They have done that in the past with hard defenders and I do think it’s an important part of seeing how champions fight.

If I’m not mistaken, IMIW was in the second chapter but I do take your point. They have done that in the past with hard defenders and I do think it’s an important part of seeing how champions fight.

Cap was 1.1 and IMIW was 1.2 if memory serves.

Cap was 1.1 and IMIW was 1.2 if memory serves.
    Damn, I hate being wrong. Yeah you’re right, just checked YouTube.