**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just bad design. Lazy

SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
Can you please not make notes that havemassive armor and health. Then force us to fight a cosmic using a tech or suffer a massive damage debuff? This doesn’t make it harder. It makes it more boring! It’s just a lazy lazy design. Please stop

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    What are you talking about?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    He's complaining about nodes being challenging. Which makes it fun doesn't it? I mean having every fight feel like and act 2 fight would get boring right?
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    That’s confusing because I didn’t need to use any potions in the whole UC EQ this month, but I’ve used some in previous ones (the Thanos for example)
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I agree with this.

He’s not saying it’s too hard, he’s saying that it’s lazy. It is.

With all the fun nodes out there that they’ve come up with, forcing us into a long boring fight by decreasing out damage output is a lame move.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    I agree with this.

He’s not saying it’s too hard, he’s saying that it’s lazy. It is.

With all the fun nodes out there that they’ve come up with, forcing us into a long boring fight by decreasing out damage output is a lame move.

This is 100% my point. It’s almost hard not to fall asleep Thor he fights. Any decent player can get a 100 combo. Sweet. That doesn’t make it hard. It makes it boring. Dear god. Stop this.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    I agree with OP. I think the aim of developers by making nodes like this is just that, make it boring and long, potentially leading to us losing concentration for a sec and getting ko'd with a single combo cause of the beefed up attack. And then having to use items
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    The last they coulda done was give us a bone with life transfer haha
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You realise -50% attack ~ 100% more health for opponent
    Wow, all that bragging just clarify that you don't like the node that wants you to use class disadvantage.... Is this new to you? I mean 5.3 was only this. Plus in this EQ it's a small fraction of the fights.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I feel for the OP a little. I think these nodes are fine occasionally, but 5.3 hurt. Not overly difficult, just long. They have their place in this game though.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I sympathise a little with the OP. Just finished clearing the Biohazard lane of Uncollected EQ where you have to either accept a 50% weakness or Class disadvantage; thus guaranteeing a longer more painful fight. It's pretty unpleasant unless you're overflowing with double immune champs; which I'm not.

Also, I wish the Biohazard effects were the other way round - I can avoid hitting into an opponent's block (poison), but aside from using Quake, it's hard to avoid hitting them at all.

Having said that, after Quake, my top tip for this lane is Vision; as he's double immune and the damage penalty doesn't affect his Power Burn damage. So with either of those champs you can do this lane without much adjusting your fighting style.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Wow, all that bragging just clarify that you don't like the node that wants you to use class disadvantage.... Is this new to you? I mean 5.3 was only this. Plus in this EQ it's a small fraction of the fights.

Not bragging at all my friend. No it’s not new to me. It was terrible in 5.3. It’s terrible now. It’s lazy. When an opinion is shared and instead of commenting on the opinion my “skill level is attacked” granted or mostly was the others I will accept that challenge. Stil stands by the way. Any of you 3 that think you could outperform me I’m open to the challenges.
    Sighsohard wrote: »

Not bragging at all my friend. No it’s not new to me. It was terrible in 5.3. It’s terrible now. It’s lazy. When an opinion is shared and instead of commenting on the opinion my “skill level is attacked” granted or mostly was the others I will accept that challenge. Stil stands by the way. Any of you 3 that think you could outperform me I’m open to the challenges.

Again, this node is the same as the +100% health node. Do you complain about that too?
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

Again, this node is the same as the +100% health node. Do you complain about that too?

but it's not the same: you see the +100% health only count base health, while this node effectively double the boosted health so it's much more potent
    weavile wrote: »

but it's not the same: you see the +100% health only count base health, while this node effectively double the boosted health so it's much more potent

Let’s say you fight a 10,000 health opponent unnoded as the base test. You then fight it as a +100% health node and it becomes 20,000. This would take the same amount of hits as fighting the 10,000 health with -50% of your attack. Or as close to make no matter. Your comment about base health is irrelevant as the health nodes would be as a whole, not just focussing on base health.

The only alteration, would be having percentage based abilities such as Hela and Loki’s special 3s and deep wounds. These have such little effect on the fight as a whole I’m willing to discard them.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    If they bleed and can be poisoned AA is the answer. All that health just means more time to stack neuros.
    In chapter 5.3.1 hit 12 neuros doing 2900 damage per tick. Havent found another fight I've been able to achieve better well under weakness
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

Let’s say you fight a 10,000 health opponent unnoded as the base test. You then fight it as a +100% health node and it becomes 20,000. This would take the same amount of hits as fighting the 10,000 health with -50% of your attack. Or as close to make no matter. Your comment about base health is irrelevant as the health nodes would be as a whole, not just focussing on base health.

The only alteration, would be having percentage based abilities such as Hela and Loki’s special 3s and deep wounds. These have such little effect on the fight as a whole I’m willing to discard them.

but you are not fighting a 10000 health opponent unnoded. Every time the -50% attack node came up it go along with either 300% attack and health for a 5* or 100% attack and health for near max 6*. At that point every champ has 70k attack, the 100% health only add 20k health at best while the -50% attack add effectively 70k more health

but you are not fighting a 10000 health opponent unnoded. Every time the -50% attack node came up it go along with either 300% attack and health for a 5* or 100% attack and health for near max 6*. At that point every champ has 70k attack, the 100% health only add 20k health at best while the -50% attack add effectively 70k more health

I was just being unspecific, of course technically you’re right but I didn’t think I needed to go into that much detail. I know that adding 100 to an already 500% node isn’t the same, but since you’re being pedantic even though what I said made perfect sense and got my point across, I will amend my original statement.

-50% attack is the same as doubling the health.

You cant say you aren't bragging about skill and then do exactly that. My original question was about which node you were talking about because you weren't very clear on it in your original post. I never questioned your "skills". It took a good while to clarify which node you were talking about after trying to challege several people. I dont feel sorry for you and now can care less that you find it boring.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

I was just being unspecific, of course technically you’re right but I didn’t think I needed to go into that much detail. I know that adding 100 to an already 500% node isn’t the same, but since you’re being pedantic even though what I said made perfect sense and got my point across, I will amend my original statement.

All skill arguments aside. If you came up against a node that ONLY had -50% attack, or ONLY 100% health, wouldnt you be like, uhhh I guess I'll beat it. it just takes more time than usual to defeat, nothing special. I think thats the OP point. theres a place in the game for it, in conjunction with other nodes, but just a different name for a node already out there.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

All skill arguments aside. If you came up against a node that ONLY had -50% attack, or ONLY 100% health, wouldnt you be like, uhhh I guess I'll beat it. it just takes more time than usual to defeat, nothing special. I think thats the OP point. theres a place in the game for it, in conjunction with other nodes, but just a different name for a node already out there.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean, are you asking whether I’d look at a -50% attack node and think ugh that’s annoying, but I’d look at a 100% health node and just carry on? Personally I don’t really mind either, they do the same thing, since I’d rather not go in with a class disadvantage, although that does depend on the fight. I guess it’s weird to see your champs do less damage, but no I don’t really mind.

There are differences with the two though. It’s basically a double the health node, unless you use a class disadvantage, in which case add 20% or 40% more health on (I always forget what the attack disadvantage value is for class disadvantage. -50% attack unless you use class disadvantage is not the same as 100% health. It just has the same effect if you decide not to use a class disadvantage. You cannot use either node in the same situation.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    the fact no one has any idea what this post is....and all the comments make no sense
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    the fact no one has any idea what this post is....and all the comments make no sense

😂😂😂😂😂

You cant say you aren't bragging about skill and then do exactly that. My original question was about which node you were talking about because you weren't very clear on it in your original post. I never questioned your "skills". It took a good while to clarify which node you were talking about after trying to challege several people. I dont feel sorry for you and now can care less that you find it boring.

If you don’t care why are you reading and posting?
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I’m not sure exactly what you mean, are you asking whether I’d look at a -50% attack node and think ugh that’s annoying, but I’d look at a 100% health node and just carry on? Personally I don’t really mind either, they do the same thing, since I’d rather not go in with a class disadvantage, although that does depend on the fight. I guess it’s weird to see your champs do less damage, but no I don’t really mind.

There are differences with the two though. It’s basically a double the health node, unless you use a class disadvantage, in which case add 20% or 40% more health on (I always forget what the attack disadvantage value is for class disadvantage. -50% attack unless you use class disadvantage is not the same as 100% health. It just has the same effect if you decide not to use a class disadvantage. You cannot use either node in the same situation.

Yes I do see the similarities. Both are poor design. Simply slapping health on something(which is the same thing you’re saying) doesn’t make it harder. Just longer and boring.

Why not give the champ no additional health and increase their attack by 1000%. Either way. Fight is faster and more enjoyable. For me. This is of course just y opinion. How does making me parry 30 times over a 3 minute fight make it more difficult? It’s just mind numbing.