**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Beware arena.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
zd717eythcs7.png

I had to spend 40-50units to get to this. Death matches are increasing. 12k isn’t valid anymore. You need at least 15.and it’s getting worse. This match in 16 of regular arena never happened before

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Prior to the r5 5*'s jacking up cata arenas, Ive never had a problem with using full teams of r2 5* and/or r4 4* from match 16-20. I only used 5*s for clearing milestones, reserving 4* for basic arenas.

After getting bombed with a full r2 5* team on match 16 with a death squad on cata arena several back, ive since used my 6 teams of r5 4* to clear round 16-21, then go back to only using 5* teams to finish milestones. Havent had an issue since.

I imagine the same would hold true for the 4* featured.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Kabam has never commented on PI levels for streaks in the arenas. I doubt they’re going to start now.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    zd717eythcs7.png

I had to spend 40-50units to get to this. Death matches are increasing. 12k isn’t valid anymore. You need at least 15.and it’s getting worse. This match in 16 of regular arena never happened before

I’d start your experimentation with ditching the 3/30 at that point.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    use 3/30 after 22 or so. Streak 16 is still danger zone.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    The team you are using is to small. Having a 3/30 on your team is only going to hurt you when running with 2 r2 5*. The lowest you should be using is a 4/40.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    The team you are using is to small. Having a 3/30 on your team is only going to hurt you when running with 2 r2 5*. The lowest you should be using is a 4/40.

I believe it is dangerous in general to mix 4* and 5* champions. I don't do it any more, and in experiments when I have at much higher than normal PI I can draw death matches (or at least wildly higher match ups).
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Me personally I will use full teams of 4/40, 5/50, 2/35, 3/45. The lowest I go is 2 1/25 with 1 2/35. I haven't had issues with death squads. I also play it safe between streak 15 and 21. I use only 5/50 and 3/45 teams.
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99
    Me personally I will use full teams of 4/40, 5/50, 2/35, 3/45. The lowest I go is 2 1/25 with 1 2/35. I haven't had issues with death squads. I also play it safe between streak 15 and 21. I use only 5/50 and 3/45 teams.

This. As of last arena, I started getting death squads using any team of just 5* 1/25 champs, even with high PI. Seems like you have to mix in one 5* 1/25 or 4* 4/40 champ now.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Looking at the examples we have so far:

In the 3* arena, maxed out 2* champs and the equivalent 3* don't have death matches.

In the 4* basic arena, maxed out 3* and the equivalent 4* champs don't have death matches.

I haven't run the 2* arena in a while, so I'm not sure about that, but following this trend....the future ain't looking nice.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Looking at the examples we have so far:

In the 3* arena, maxed out 2* champs and the equivalent 3* don't have death matches.

In the 4* basic arena, maxed out 3* and the equivalent 4* champs don't have death matches.

I haven't run the 2* arena in a while, so I'm not sure about that, but following this trend....the future ain't looking nice.

Deathmatches won’t occur in those respective arena’s as the highest possible opponents are what you are using yourself.
    Taking down 5/50 opponents with 3/30 or even 2/20 is more than doable.

Now, facing 5/65 with a team of 3/30 will be harder. That’s the main difference.

Play safe, in the 4/5 arena, don’t use any 4* below 4/40 once you hit streak.
    In the 4/5/6, don’t use any combination of 1/25 alone, mix a 1/25 into a 4/40 team and you should be fine.

Things changed, so adjust to the changes.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    zd717eythcs7.png

As said, not really a total death match. You shouldn't be using 3/30 champs till at least match 18-19.

Why didn't you use your poison immune champ that inflicts bleed against archangel, and your other armour break guy against Ice Man? Well done taking Blade down with Karnak, though.
    I’d appreciate some guidance from the kabaam team on what’s a safe arena

Why on earth would they do that?
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Youre not in infinite streak yet at 16 👍
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    3 5* r1 is not safe in feature arena too
    better do 1 5* r2 and 2 5* r1
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    Is normal on Streak start.

Sad is get deathsquads on +290 streaks.6ot779ggw02j.png
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I believe it is dangerous in general to mix 4* and 5* champions. I don't do it any more, and in experiments when I have at much higher than normal PI I can draw death matches (or at least wildly higher match ups).

Anyone struggling with arenas and death matches should heed this. I keep them separate as well and don’t have issues.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    zd717eythcs7.png

Sorry to tell you but the champs used were incorrect. In featured 5 star matches 16 to 20 you need to use your best champs. Once you cross 20, from 21 you can safely use the combination shown in the pic of yours. Please know how to achieve a streak 1st. Use this combination after 21 and show a death match, I am quite sure that you won't be able to. R2 5 stars and 1 r3 4 star is still safe after 21.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    That’s not even a death match

49u9nasrljqn.png

That’s a death match
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    *ding* you have mail