**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why do we even play?

RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
I see no reason to expect lofty packages that would help ease the tensions of the player base. As Miike clearly stated they see no reason for such packages. This game has only gone down 19 days in the last 45 days. Let that sink in for a moment. That’s roughly a 40 percent chance the game on any day can kick you while running arena, make you lose valuable war match, waste boosts and be down when you have a few moments to play. Yet we are delivered a message from moderators in a tone that can best be described as arrogance or contempt that we deserve no such packages. It is beyond frustrating to see this game and the managements actions towards players over the last year. A slap in the face at best. Is there anything this game has to offer? Take out relationships in alliances and I ask what is it that keeps you playing? There is no new content, just washed over old quests, War is an item pit and AQ has been the same over 1.5 years now. So I really want to know what keeps people playing in mid tiers, if you have a developed roster where is the drive? I know I’m trying to figure it out myself.

Comments

• SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Alliance mates and thats it.

More and more and walking and the moment enough go then we all go.

I truly dislike what’s happening with the game currently.
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    Why not just quit playing. I know a lot of people play this game like it's their bread and butter, but I think if you just play when you feel like it things will be better in a sense. I just play when I want to pass the time. I'm not in an alliance. Now, it is a bit more difficult acquiring recources outside of an alliance but it's not impossible. It just takes a bit longer, but you do it on your terms.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Seriously, just spend less. I plan to do that.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Since after season 2 i have just been bouncing between alliances. I can find one that anyone is happy with the game. The whole social side is what has kept me playing and not a single person is happy. If there goal was to destroy every piece of the game that made it fun then they accomplished thay. I rather see this game sold to a developer trying to make a name for themselves than to see it stay under the conditions it is in.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    The thing is...nobody has the courage of their convictions. Personally, I just see this as just a game...the outages annoy me, but don't really tick me off. But if I was as angry about it as many seem to be around here, I would stop playing and delete the app. All of this stuff people get angry about...all everyone does is hop on these forums or Reddit and whine about it. This accomplishes nothing. People keep logging in and playing, and folks seem to be waiting for some "official" boycott to be announced. Just stop playing and delete the game. If enough people do that, you will see changes.

Once again, I am not as worked up about this stuff as many of you are. (not a criticism, just a difference of what I need this game to be compared to others) But this endless complaining, yet continuing to play the game "thing" is getting old and is seemingly pointless.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    These are all great points.
  • XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    This is a very valid point which every player should ask themselves.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    The thing is...nobody has the courage of their convictions. Personally, I just see this as just a game...the outages annoy me, but don't really tick me off. But if I was as angry about it as many seem to be around here, I would stop playing and delete the app. All of this stuff people get angry about...all everyone does is hop on these forums or Reddit and whine about it. This accomplishes nothing. People keep logging in and playing, and folks seem to be waiting for some "official" boycott to be announced. Just stop playing and delete the game. If enough people do that, you will see changes.

Once again, I am not as worked up about this stuff as many of you are. (not a criticism, just a difference of what I need this game to be compared to others) But this endless complaining, yet continuing to play the game "thing" is getting old and is seemingly pointless.

I certainly agree in many ways, but I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I’m seriously asking what drives people to keep playing.

I’m certainly not as angry as most, annoyed yes but I’m still searching for the why you keep playing. As for everyone that hops on forums to complain there are just as many in this case hop on only to complain and complainers its a vicious circle.

So I guess I’d like to know what’s your “why”?
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    So I just consider the "bugs" part of the game now. If the AI blocks me in the middle of an SP2, I laugh about it, exit the event, and close the game.
    I no longer spend ANY money on the game, and never will again.
    After @Kabam Miike posted his petty rant about compensation expectations, I'll never spenda dime on this game again.
    Congrats Miike - I'm not the only one.

12.0 was indeed a complete game change, you're right.
    But before we even start talking about those comparisons, how about we kick it off by replacing the items lost due to your connection problems?

How many boosts were active when the server crashed?
    How many important fights were in progress?
    How many ludicrously expensive alliance health or revives had to be used after connection was reestablished?
    How many legend runs, dungeons, or rift events were interrupted?
    How many other items, missed chances, broken streaks, war ratings, and AQ rewards were effected as a direct result of Kabams inability to provide a stable game?

I couldn't care less about rank down tickets, keep em, y'all didn't ruin any champs this time - but if you don't think shards are necessary, you're seriously out of touch with your customer base.

I personally have given up on four or five different arenas due to your server issues, missing out on plenty of red shards - and I'm not even an arena guy!
    Got "disconnected" during an expert rift event (minimum 2500 5* shards)..

Again, the post by Miike was in poor taste, and I agreed wholeheartedly with OP about the state of the game.

To Kabam, dishing out comps is a virtual click of a button.. one that will have little to no effect on the games progression as a whole. There's no reason to be stingy with them.. especially if it will make some of their angry customers a little less so.
  • Aclark151Aclark151 Posts: 138
    From top to bottom, no one should spend a dime on this game. They don’t compensate, give piss poor reasons and easily make their issues ours. I’m only as involved for the alliance members I’ve played with for so long.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Oh, and yes, I did file tickets. Lots of them!
    Sadly, the responses are always template copy+paste style.
    The missed rift was the most infuriating.. "Were sorry you experienced this. Unfortunately we are getting a large volume of these reports at this time, and cannot respond to each one individually. Rest assured that our team is working on this"

Or something vanilla like that.
    So after 24hrs without response, I reply asking for an update and get something like;

"We are sorry that this has effected you adversely, but please keep in mind that all players were effected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.
    We thank you for bringing this to our attention, and are truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. That said, we hope you enjoy the rest of your day in the Contest"

What the what? All I asked was if I'd get my pym canister back since the game crashed seconds after I entered.
    So I replied again a day later (12hrs before pym was finished)

Response came 15hrs later stating;

"Unfortunately the event in question has ended, so returning that item would be impossible. But thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately this case has been closed.
    If your problem was not solved, please submit another ticket and we'll reply as soon as we can."

!? Submit another? Really? So you'll solve my issue the second time?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

I certainly agree in many ways, but I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I’m seriously asking what drives people to keep playing.

I’m certainly not as angry as most, annoyed yes but I’m still searching for the why you keep playing. As for everyone that hops on forums to complain there are just as many in this case hop on only to complain and complainers its a vicious circle.

So I guess I’d like to know what’s your “why”?

My "why" is I have fun hopping on for a bit a few times a day and beating up champs. I play in an relaxed alliance with fun people and just enjoy it for what it is without getting crazy serious about it. Some months I do not grind the EQ, other months I do...just depends on my schedule. I used to be a spender, but have only spent 5 dollars this year. (and most of that was funded by using the Google opinion rewards app)
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    I have a small Alliance with 9 loyal members at times I want to shut it down because of issues with the game,downtime,customer service,moderators,I still enjoy playing the game when it’s running,complaining on here solves nothing,we vent then move on to the next,I just see this game as a car you keep taking it back to the shop with the same old issues they haven’t solved or could careless,just overhaul the whole game people won’t leave during the downtime and they would appreciate it and probably spend on the new car.