**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank down tickets

124»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I'm just gonna leave this here - it's what Kabam Zibiit said in the forum TWO WEEKS before we got the surprise RDTs in December last year. RDTs that had NOTHING to do with champ changes or the state of the game or compensation or anything like that.
    Kabam can say anything they want about ANYTHING and then do the complete opposite. They have before, and they will again.
    And you can all say whatever you want, but none of you ever actually KNOW anything.
    4guh1t6bdfdt.jpg

It was a Gift, at Christmas, to help us prepare for the upcoming year. It wasn't a regular occurrence. It was a rarity. Since then, we haven't heard the end of them. Actually, since they came.

You missed my point, but thanks for commenting :/

The point I'm making is giving them as a special surprise one time doesn't take away from their intended use for them. They were trying to do something nice. To be honest, I would rather they hadn't. Not because of their purpose, because it just perpetuated the expectation of them.

It's stupid to say that their only intended use is to be given out for major changes to the game, but that they are also occasionally given out as a special surprise. Why not just say that they have two intended uses then?

One is a rare occurrence. Not an intended use.
    The intended use for a fork is to eat. If it's in my drawer and I own it, I'll use it to comb my hair if I want.

'Rare occurrence' and 'intended use' are not mutually exclusive. And if the fork is in your drawer and you use it to comb your hair, then there's a very good chance that's exactly what you bought it for. Doesn't really correlate with what we're talking about though.

It's very simple. They're intended for what they stated. They're not for Compensation, or for changes to content, or for every little change or fix that comes. They're not meant to be handed out that much. If they want to give them once in a while, that's entirely up to them. We can't expect that, and it's certainly ingratious to say they're contradicting themselves. Honestly, I feel like my father would put it best:
    "No means no.". Lol.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I'm just gonna leave this here - it's what Kabam Zibiit said in the forum TWO WEEKS before we got the surprise RDTs in December last year. RDTs that had NOTHING to do with champ changes or the state of the game or compensation or anything like that.
    Kabam can say anything they want about ANYTHING and then do the complete opposite. They have before, and they will again.
    And you can all say whatever you want, but none of you ever actually KNOW anything.
    4guh1t6bdfdt.jpg

It was a Gift, at Christmas, to help us prepare for the upcoming year. It wasn't a regular occurrence. It was a rarity. Since then, we haven't heard the end of them. Actually, since they came.

The point I'm making is giving them as a special surprise one time doesn't take away from their intended use for them. They were trying to do something nice. To be honest, I would rather they hadn't. Not because of their purpose, because it just perpetuated the expectation of them.

It's stupid to say that their only intended use is to be given out for major changes to the game, but that they are also occasionally given out as a special surprise. Why not just say that they have two intended uses then?

The intended use for a fork is to eat. If it's in my drawer and I own it, I'll use it to comb my hair if I want.

'Rare occurrence' and 'intended use' are not mutually exclusive. And if the fork is in your drawer and you use it to comb your hair, then there's a very good chance that's exactly what you bought it for. Doesn't really correlate with what we're talking about though.

It's very simple. They're intended for what they stated. They're not for Compensation, or for changes to content, or for every little change or fix that comes. They're not meant to be handed out that much. If they want to give them once in a while, that's entirely up to them. We can't expect that, and it's certainly ingratious to say they're contradicting themselves. Honestly, I feel like my father would put it best:
    "No means no.". Lol.

You don't KNOW what their intended use is. You don't KNOW how often they're 'meant' to be handed out. All you know is what Kabam employees have stated on the subject, and as I showed only a few posts ago, even Kabam employees sometimes get it wrong. What we DO know, however, is that they have been given out twice - once for their stated 'intended' use, and once as a special gift. Twice in total. 50% of the times that they have been given out it was NOT for their stated 'intended' use. Why, then, must you insist on saying that they are only for one thing and not for another? Surely their only intended use is to be however Kabam wants to use them?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    4guh1t6bdfdt.jpg

"No means no.". Lol.

You don't KNOW what their intended use is. You don't KNOW how often they're 'meant' to be handed out. All you know is what Kabam employees have stated on the subject, and as I showed only a few posts ago, even Kabam employees sometimes get it wrong. What we DO know, however, is that they have been given out twice - once for their stated 'intended' use, and once as a special gift. Twice in total. 50% of the times that they have been given out it was NOT for their stated 'intended' use. Why, then, must you insist on saying that they are only for one thing and not for another? Surely their only intended use is to be however Kabam wants to use them?

I don't know what their intended use is? They've literally said it umpteen times when these Threads have been opened, and ever since their inception. They're intended for major changes to the way Champs are intended to perform. That's been consistent for over a year now, and the only instance contrary to that has been the one-time Gift at Christmas, specified to help adjust our Rosters for the upcoming year. As for what people do when they get them, that is up to them. Let's not confuse the subject with misinformation and false blanks because all that does is perpetuate the expectation.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    y4u2uvf4seci.png

Solidly into stage 4, with hints of 3 still present.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    y4u2uvf4seci.png

Um, well done? Only three stages to go and you're all clear.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    y4u2uvf4seci.png

Um, well done? Only three stages to go and you're all clear.

Yes, that’s when these posts will stop. Estimating early 2019.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    regardless of how kabam has done things, regardless of what they have said, I don't like the idea of rank down tickets. I enjoy the dynamic of picking and choosing who to rank, and not going back. If anything, I like their occasional gift.

A RDT is never compensation. It would be a gift unless a champ is nerfed. If they provide RDT, expect it as a lofty potential goal for summoner appreciation or christmas. I wouldnt be upset if they sent everyone a RDT, but I wouldnt advocate for it.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I for one am glad with Miike’s statement that no, there won’t be RDT issued.

Makes it nice and clear. And I agree with it.
  • What’s wrong with 1 RTD
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Why I think RTD should be at least something you can purchase because you get a champ and rank it to find out the next round of new champs totally bypasses all the stuff you ranked your champ for.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    I’ve never seen this many flagged comments
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    What’s wrong with 1 RTD

Because it will never be enough. EVER.
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    edited January 2019
    I want to see when have a Blade nerf, most of whom today are against, will beg for RDT. :D:D
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    AndTav wrote: »
    I want to see when have a Blade nerf, most of whom today are against, will beg for RDT. :D:D

Holy necro thread batman!
  • KormoKormo Posts: 77
    Surprised this has not been closed yet. But you have a very valid point. With "not working as intended " and rigged 'RNG' i think RDT once a year is not bad.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    RDTs were a good idea after 12.0 when things changed so much. After that, they should have never seen the light of day again. Giving them for Christmas 2 years ago made people think we'd be getting them every Christmas.
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    AndTav wrote: »

Holy necro thread batman!

Also this. Sounds like he wanted to start a new thread about the topic but decided to be sneaky about it.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Another post that's going to be removed Kabam said countless times they have No plans to issue rank down tickets and yet again everyday someone make a post about rank down tickets. its a thing of the past, thou I would love to rank down a champ or two I know its not coming back.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    I like how RDTs were added to the FAQs and now are against the rules to create lol

@Kabam Vydious
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I like how RDTs were added to the FAQs and now are against the rules to create lol

@Kabam Vydious

I'm gonna have to update my screenshot hahah
  • Hi there!

We've discussed this on prior threads before and address it within our FAQ here. We'll be closing down this thread as we've said in the past we don't have current plans to bring these back.
This discussion has been closed.