**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magik killers

I've been stuck on defeating magik perfectly for a while. I always suffer limbo and don't know how to counter it. Does anyone have any effective counters?

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    The more complicated answer if you don't have blade is another magik to counter her, glad hulk, other power control champs such as visions or via mastery by maxing pacify (stun required)
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Dorm or voodoo too
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Bishop receives significantly reduced damage from Limbo due to his high energy resistance and the damage feeds his prowess charges, which increases his damage output. Use him to tank a limbo or two and then fire off an L2 to end her quickly.
  • dinz80dinz80 Posts: 12
    AA is terrific and make sure to stun before she reaches new power level it also results in no Limbo. Look it up
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    Gulk
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The pacify mastery can help if she isn't stun immune. If you only take her to a bar of power while the stun timer is active she will rarely proc limbo.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Wolverine or any regen champ. Unless you are playing a super high lvl Magik in which case Quake, AA, Blade, and Gulk are phenomenal
  • WasuupWasuup Posts: 19
    If you have dormamu, then just do swipe forward medium attack 2 hit combo which will do power drain. Enough for her to not get a power bar and once you have a special 2 hit her with it for power lock and beat her up and rinse reappear till magic is dead.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I personally used elektra, just make sure to have her stunned while pushing her over a bar of power. Or make sure to have bleed on her.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    A few examples of who could counter her easily: Psylocke
    Dormammu
    Magik
    Blade
    Vision
    Dormammu paired with mephisto (80% energy resistance)
    Block with a duped mordo
    Ok to be perfectly honest, you can actually have a perfect fight with any champ but for that you need a few important requirements and a predetermined fight.

First you need to unlock certain utility masteries.

So basically open limber add a mastery point.
    Open parry add one mastery point.
    Open petrify and max it
    Open pacify and max that too.

Now just parry her 1 hit before she goes to a power bar and hit her during she is stunned and there is around 99% chance she won’t go limbo.

Otherwise true champs needed to kill magik is ang champ who will quickly drain power before she gets to power one which as said ideal is dorm and I wouldn’t recommend pyclokes because it take you at least 20-30 or more to get the power block for the fight and that only last till you get hit so never sure if you’ll be succeful all the time or manage to power drain them to begin the power gain block on magik.

Then as many have said regen champs but that’s a chance because you hope you’ll recover the damage done during limbo before fight ends.

So truthfully magik isn’t too bad as you have champ like electro, quake, void, mephisto and many others that punish you for being a good player.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    The more complicated answer if you don't have blade is another magik to counter her, glad hulk, other power control champs such as visions or via mastery by maxing pacify (stun required)

I wouldn’t recommend vision. His specials add power to the enemy before taking it away so you often trigger limbo anyways.

Magik killers are magik, blade, Ghulk, quake etc.

LC in a pinch. His debuffs help reduce MD power gain and his concussion stops limbo from triggering, but he’s not the best choice.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Magik was a *****, aw boss every war, then came blade. Use blade.
    Other champs I could recommend I’d say crossbone because you stack your fury so if you overrun before you hit her and maintain at least 5 fury when you hit her before she goes a power bar and you hopefully won’t trigger limbo.

Hawkeye isn’t the best but still great bleed and power drain on his special one so maybe can control the limbo Occitan W to the minimalist as Hawkeye’s special 1 is easy to hit succefully if triggered during a combo.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Luke Cage has worked for me. In addition to what’s been said.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If it’s limbo damage you are worried about, get concussion, or ability accuracy reduction champs, or high energy resistance, or power drain/burn/lock champs

If it’s the healing of limbo, get heal block champs
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Magik is a perfect counter to magik
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84

True very true
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84

Alot of times the best counter to a champ is often themselves
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Not really dr strange.... counter spell stops most of the damage on both
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Hulk rag, bishop and blade.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Rulk..
    Just parry until you're at 10 heat charges..
    Lay into her and watch her health bar explode..
    Also Kingpin while she's under the effect of his sp1..
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Why has no one mentioned Black Widow?

Quake and Nebula can take her down without even hitting her. Quake would be my perfect choice.

Rulk will face a bit of Limbo damage in a fight; but if you just block for the start of the fight till you're at ten heat charges, it's a darned short fight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Quake is my go-to for her.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I usually take on Magik with Ghost Rider. His heavy lifedrain makes up for what I lose during Limbo, and his SP3 works like a charm.