**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Void’s Signature Ability

jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 22
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
So I just noticed that the phrasing of Void’s signature ability is a little ambiguous, and was wondering if anyone could confirm how it really works for me.

“...and grants Void x Attack Rating for 40 seconds.”

I always assumed this meant his attack rating was increased by x amount, but now it occurs to me that since the “x” number is actually higher than his base attack rating, it could mean his attack rating is increased to x.

Can anyone clarify how his sig actually works? The different interpretations would have massively different effects, as one would more than double his attack while Fear of the Void is active, while the other would only increase it slightly.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Comments

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I do believe it is increasing by x amount

T4r5 void has 1092 attack
    If your logic stands, it means he will have 218attack rating at sig level 1
    That’s like almost 1/5

And besides increasing more than 100% is nothing new. Domino has it
    Angela who can stack fury up to 3 stacks increases her attack by 70% per fury

Nothing wrong mate. Just think of it as increase by x amount
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    It scales with sig lvl. So at low lvl the X is lower than his base attack, and at high levels it can be higher than his base attack.
    Is just additional attack
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s a fury buff for you and 2 each of intimidating presence debuffs
  • jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 22
    Ahh, that makes sense. I have a 6 star but he’s unawakened, so I haven’t been able to check what the description says at low sig levels. I feel like the wording should be “increases Void’s attack rating by” to make it more clear, but I appreciate the responses. I was looking at a 5 star version from the leaderboard that has 2,387 base attack rating, and the description says “grants Void 2870.9 Attack Rating,” and a 5,257.9 attack rating for 40 seconds seemed a little nuts to me so I started to second guess my initial interpretation.

@Karuseus @will-o-wisp Thanks again for the responses!
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Another reason Void is amazing. Love him.