**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are the mods just ignoring us?

2»

Comments

• TostitozTostitoz Posts: 21
    They definitely made a mistake but they will never admit because if they did they would either have to give everyone the cats to even it out or take them back from the people they gave them to which would set off a bunch more threads and supports tickets and angry people. I’m sure they just figure this will blow over soon and they are probably right. In the end they might lose a few players over this specific issue but they won’t lose enough to care about it much.

Plus they have other issues to deal with, this game is riddled with so many bugs, glitches, stability problems, etc.. right now.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Given how upset people get at the concept of unearned rewards, the only suitable course would be to take them back. I’ll have real butter on the popcorn for that show. 🍿
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Given how upset people get at the concept of unearned rewards, the only suitable course would be to take them back. I’ll have real butter on the popcorn for that show. 🍿

If you wanted to get technical, no one teally earns the Rewards when it comes to Compensation, that's the point. Rewards that would have been potentially earned had the game not gone down. Either way, I don't see 2 random Cats as being a huge advantage.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018

If you wanted to get technical, no one teally earns the Rewards when it comes to Compensation, that's the point. Rewards that would have been potentially earned had the game not gone down. Either way, I don't see 2 random Cats as being a huge advantage.

They can have the 2 science cats back that I got lol
    Yeah but the original premise was that he was somehow harmed by other people getting rewards that exceeded the amount that could be earned. To give those same excessive rewards to someone who didn’t even participate in the event would surely be even more heinous an offense. So if any action is taken the lesser of two evils has to be taking the full cats back in exchange for the original rewards, and leaving the rewards for zero participation at zero.

Unless the original premise was wrong.
    Yeah but the original premise was that he was somehow harmed by other people getting rewards that exceeded the amount that could be earned. To give those same excessive rewards to someone who didn’t even participate in the event would surely be even more heinous an offense. So if any action is taken the lesser of two evils has to be taking the full cats back in exchange for the original rewards, and leaving the rewards for zero participation at zero.

Unless the original premise was wrong.

Unless it was intended to compensate for the wait. Either way, people usually feel left out with these things.
    edited August 2018

I think the issue people have is that compensation far exceeded anything you would have earned for doing the quest every day for the entirety of the event. That and the randomness at which it was given out. I mean I know they have described the criteria for it but still..

They appearently when with a system generated list based in whatever parameters they chose to use to decide if people got locked of the event on the second day since it didn’t reset properly. We all know how stable and reliable their system is.

Anyway, I hope they don’t take them back. I’m happy for the people who got them and I did get it on my alt account for doing the event just one time on day one. So basically got a compensation package for 15 minutes of work. I don’t feel I earned that but I’ll take it all the same. Would have preferred getting it on my main though.
    Tostitoz wrote: »

I think the issue people have is that compensation far exceeded anything you would have earned for doing the quest every day for the entirety of the event. That and the randomness at which it was given out. I mean I know they have described the criteria for it but still..

Anyway, I hope they don’t take them back. I’m happy for the people who got them and I did get it on my alt account for doing the event just one time on day one. So basically got a compensation package for 15 minutes of work. I don’t feel I earned that but I’ll take it all the same. Would have preferred getting it on my main though.

That doesn't really hold with me. The only ones who have an issue with it didn't even qualify for it to begin with. Not that I'm stopping anyone from voicing their concern. I just think it's common for people to want what others are given.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I'll take one. I need one more. XD

I'll take one. I need one more. XD

I have 13. Take as many as you need!
    I actually got two of the only ones I wasn’t already full on, so I wouldn’t mind keeping them either. It’s not really going to change my life either way.
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Kabam just sits back as pay to win players spend their $$$
    edited August 2018
    I actually got two of the only ones I wasn’t already full on, so I wouldn’t mind keeping them either. It’s not really going to change my life either way.

I agree. I haven't used mine yet. I'm not sweating it. I don't believe they will, but meh. I'm just not convinced it's that advantageous. They're valuable, but it's not the end of the world.
    Also yeah they act Like nothing is wrong

That doesn't really hold with me. The only ones who have an issue with it didn't even qualify for it to begin with. Not that I'm stopping anyone from voicing their concern. I just think it's common for people to want what others are given.

Well, I think the issue there is people have a varying opinion of what should have been a qualifier for the compensation. Like my alt account for example, I did that quest just once in the 4 weeks or so it was available and I got the compensation package. There are people (my main account included) who did that quest every day for the entire 4 weeks and they got nada. But Kabams criteria for qualifying for the compensation was something completely different, just had have done it on that very first day and logged in the second day when it didn’t reset. I don’t think anyone would care if it was fragment crystals like it probably was supposed to be because that would have been proportionate to 1 missed day. Anyway, it’s over and done with. Just be grateful if you got it and hope they don’t take it back.

Who acts like nothing's wrong?

Well, I think the issue there is people have a varying opinion of what should have been a qualifier for the compensation. Like my alt account for example, I did that quest just once in the 4 weeks or so it was available and I got the compensation package. There are people (my main account included) who did that quest every day for the entire 4 weeks and they got nada. But Kabams criteria for qualifying for the compensation was something completely different, just had have done it on that very first day and logged in the second day when it didn’t reset. I don’t think anyone would care if it was fragment crystals like it probably was supposed to be because that would have been proportionate to 1 missed day. Anyway, it’s over and done with. Just be grateful if you got it and hope they don’t take it back.

I'm not worried about it. If they do, so be it. I'm just making the point that there is always some issue with people getting it and not others. Lord, I remember 12.0, or as I call it, Gemgate. Lol.
    12j6tdlacozm.gif

I think you’d also see them more if the reception was a little better.

Kaba- Oh no I'll pull a 5 star Kamala Khan of I mention their name

Jaded points if view like this are why we can't have nice things. If you really think Kabamisnt working to correct issues and fix things or even make the game better, then you would be 100% wrong. I can personally vouch that they listen to us and are working to fix issues. I can't say anything other than they do take what we say into account. They want the game to work as much as we do.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited August 2018

It is too late now might as well say it, we all know who you're talking about. I'm probably pulling one too after the things I said yesterday.
  • ErSandErSand Posts: 49
    I just want to know if the tier 4 class catalysts were intentionally given to everyone in compensation, or was it a mistake and they were supposed to be fragment crystals...

Nope, that's 100% intentionally to make some people like you jealous.