**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special one and two keep getting blocked!

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Iceman sp1 just now.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Here we go again. 4 star Vision vs 5 star AV in AW. Sp2 won’t connect after combo and a few seconds dropped combo and just stood there?! Why does this only happen during “hard” fights? Because you’re answer to increasing difficulty is increasing the AI speed and it’s messing up the way the game works. Why won’t you just ask the devs and confirm or deny this?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    AA sp1. Thor sp2.
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited August 2018
    I was watching seatin testing with red skull and his sp2 seemed to be the only special that matters and he could only get it to land about 30% of the time or it would be blocked.

Of course, kabam would probably argue that he's not skilled enough a player and that's the problem, or red skull just intentionally sucks.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Hoping we’ll see an update on this some time this week?
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Hey everyone, we're still looking into this at the moment but will continue passing along the information you all are providing for further investigation.

So we've been asking about this for weeks. Are there any other videos or pieces of information you need?
  • IIBruticusIIIIBruticusII Posts: 9
    Make this a pinned topic, sticky thread...

Beside the constant downtime, this should be recognized and fixed.
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    I too have noticed this when using specials in combos. It feels like playing Mortak Kombat 2 on the SNES. in MK2, the computer was responding to button inputs, not animations/moves.
  • DanasjonDanasjon Posts: 139
    For Me hulk's sp1 is being blocked all the Time.
  • AlzkabetAlzkabet Posts: 48
    Now more than every, i can't land a SP, like what the hell? I do a 5 hit combo than i go straight into a SP and they pary it? Like HOW IS THAT EVEN POSIBLE? And i'm sure that it's not that im not fast enouf
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    So far we have about a two-week investigation into the remarkable recovery time of the AI. Any findings?

What I’m wondering is whether the game is slow to register player inputs in “heavier” game modes, causing what appears to be rapid AI recovery. I tend to experience the rapid recovery only in advanced nodes—for example, running Master EQ I haven’t had my specials blocked once this month. However, in UC, I tend to have them blocked without any real precedent about 1/3 fights, using the same tap-swipe sequence I use in Master. Even speeding up the timing in UC EQ where I am literally tapping a Sp2 right as I finish the final tap or swipe of a combo will sometimes get blocked.

I realize this is more complex than just putting gloves on Iron Fist’s hands or straightening up the reverse “DD” on Daredevil’s chest, but it is important—it goes directly to the integrity of the gameplay.

If the AI is just sometimes going to block regardless of how fast we are, just come out with it. If the window has been compressed to make the game harder, tell us that. But a “who are you going to believe—Kabam or your lying eyes” approach isn’t good enough.

Dr. Zola
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    edited August 2018
    Noticing this is hapenning more often over the last few days. GP sp1 is getting blocked repeatedly in Uncollected fights...
    BenLucas wrote: »
    Noticing this is hapenning more often over the last few days. GP sp1 is getting blocked repeatedly in Uncollected fights...

See, this is the kind of information that leads me to believe it is not a bug but an intentional (and huge) increase in AI difficulty. I guess they need to ensure people can't breeze right through the events without spending potions.
    DrZola wrote: »
    So far we have about a two-week investigation into the remarkable recovery time of the AI. Any findings?

What I’m wondering is whether the game is slow to register player inputs in “heavier” game modes, causing what appears to be rapid AI recovery. I tend to experience the rapid recovery only in advanced nodes—for example, running Master EQ I haven’t had my specials blocked once this month. However, in UC, I tend to have them blocked without any real precedent about 1/3 fights, using the same tap-swipe sequence I use in Master. Even speeding up the timing in UC EQ where I am literally tapping a Sp2 right as I finish the final tap or swipe of a combo will sometimes get blocked.

I realize this is more complex than just putting gloves on Iron Fist’s hands or straightening up the reverse “DD” on Daredevil’s chest, but it is important—it goes directly to the integrity of the gameplay.

If the AI is just sometimes going to block regardless of how fast we are, just come out with it. If the window has been compressed to make the game harder, tell us that. But a “who are you going to believe—Kabam or your lying eyes” approach isn’t good enough.

Dr. Zola

If you have been following this forum for a while, it feels like there is a disconnect between the devs and support folks. I'm not sure if the support folks don't have access to internal changelogs or something, but some of these bugs are blatantly obvious to anyone who plays for a few minutes.

I also don't know what the testing, QA, and sign-off is for new production releases, but again, some of these feel like they'd be easily exposed by casual play after 20-30 minutes.

Maybe it just boils down to more transparency beyond the normal update notes. If the difficulty has been increased in mode ABC, or game mechanic XYZ has been nerfed, just be up front so we can prepare for it instead of struggling for weeks, collecting data for the support team, only to get silence or a "will get fixed eventually" (all the meanwhile, potions and other items are getting consumed to try and push through it).
  • Fr3ShFr3Sh Posts: 9
    Dale_Dobac wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Iron Man (original) gets his L2 blocked literally every time now. He’s become like Cap Marvel used to be L2 is unusable unless you fire it off of a parry or on an intercept.

This happened to me earlier with iron man and his sp2. Was actually fighting cm in arena. But I fired off another and it landed fine.

I should point out that I play daily and this was the first time this has happened to me in a long time. Haven’t heard of this issue within my alliance either.

Maybe try clearing your background data before playing. If On an iPhone hold power button until slide to power off screen shows, then hold home button until the screen disappears. Not sure how to do this on an iPhone X. But I sometimes forget to do this before playing and always notice better game play when I remember to.

Top 20 aw player, iPhone 8 on latest iOS.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Hey, EVERYONE!!!

Something huge that has helped me a ton, thanks to the amazing people over at Mcoc Concierge.

Go into your in-game settings, turn OFF all chats (Global specifically, but Alliance/Battlegroup/WarRoom help too) and reboot the game or restart your device.

It's worked amazingly so far and has even helped with visual lags that have been bugging me lately (like playing with GR and Iceman).
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Have had my morningstar l1 blocked 3 times day 4 of aq (yesterday) against the minis twice in section 1 and once in section 2. This has never happened before and I'm positive I did the right inputs with next to no delay before pressing the special button..
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Didn’t feel this ...

Maybe that’s because I only play Sentry >:)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    dparm wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

If you have been following this forum for a while, it feels like there is a disconnect between the devs and support folks. I'm not sure if the support folks don't have access to internal changelogs or something, but some of these bugs are blatantly obvious to anyone who plays for a few minutes.

I also don't know what the testing, QA, and sign-off is for new production releases, but again, some of these feel like they'd be easily exposed by casual play after 20-30 minutes.

Maybe it just boils down to more transparency beyond the normal update notes. If the difficulty has been increased in mode ABC, or game mechanic XYZ has been nerfed, just be up front so we can prepare for it instead of struggling for weeks, collecting data for the support team, only to get silence or a "will get fixed eventually" (all the meanwhile, potions and other items are getting consumed to try and push through it).

This has been the norm from as far back as I can remember, and I’ve played since December 2014. MCoC is basically a “figure it out for yourself” game and has been for a long time. Long time players may even recall a time when rankup material formulae weren’t well known.

I don’t have my hopes up for any illumination on this issue. And my experience suggests you’re right the mods and devs—even though we are told they are working hand in hand, it rarely seems that way on our side of the screen.

Dr. Zola
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Rocap wrote: »
    Hey, EVERYONE!!!

Something huge that has helped me a ton, thanks to the amazing people over at Mcoc Concierge.

Go into your in-game settings, turn OFF all chats (Global specifically, but Alliance/Battlegroup/WarRoom help too) and reboot the game or restart your device.

It's worked amazingly so far and has even helped with visual lags that have been bugging me lately (like playing with GR and Iceman).

I get the need to complain, and I understand how awful support for these issues has been, but seriously try this. It's not a joke, or a scheme, or an advertisement for concierge, and it's not an excuse for how sketchy the game has been, it seriously helps. It almost feels like the games running... normally... lol
  • KrrrisshhnnaaKrrrisshhnnaa Posts: 38
    Rocap wrote: »
    Hey, EVERYONE!!!

This trick didn't work for me at all. I think made it worse, coz specials stopped connecting in Uncollected EQ as well.

Kabam, please use the money to hire better devs or better testers. This bug is now 45 days old. Still you are looking into it. Is ur microscope broken or did u donate ur eyes? Stop this nonsense and enough with the incompetence. If u can't hear ur customer feedback, then u have an unethical business model. Looting money is not a business.
    This trick didn't work for me at all. I think made it worse, coz specials stopped connecting in Uncollected EQ as well.

Kabam, please use the money to hire better devs or better testers. This bug is now 45 days old. Still you are looking into it. Is ur microscope broken or did u donate ur eyes? Stop this nonsense and enough with the incompetence. If u can't hear ur customer feedback, then u have an unethical business model. Looting money is not a business.

The forums have been pretty quiet lately. I suspect a lot of people are taking summer vacation.
  • YozeshYozesh Posts: 6
    Killmonger SP2 keep getting blocked. Can't connect special after 5 hit combo.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Hulk will NEVER chain his SP1 now, a thing it was easy to do before. Unless the opponent is at the wall and Hulk is very close, when, sometimes, it chains.