**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

International Women's Day 2019

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
edited August 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
International Women's Day is annually on 8th March.

Last year Kabam had a one-day collection of special missions, which was fun; but actually all the fights were against women; which seems slightly counter to the purpose of an International Women's Day.

So what could be done differently for 2019? I'm bringing it up now since we can't reasonably expect Kabam to respond or plan in less than a few months. And because it's halfway through the month, people's phones have stopped melting and we've gotten used to the Challenges posed by Heimdall, Red Skull and Arnim Zola.

I've a few thoughts below; but would love thoughts and preferences from those with more X chromosomes than me, such as @Gwendoline, @SillyCaitlin, @Colleen, @Srishti15658 and @Liss_Bliss_ ; just to name a few people using the forums that I'm reasonably confident are women.

My suggestions would be one or more of:

1 - a special one-day event quest again but this time with male villains; and boosts/nodes beneficial to using female champions.

2 - Development of a new female champion
or
2a - Redevelopment of an old female champion.

3a - One-day crystal sale+arena to obtain the new/reworked champion
or
3b - 2*/3* version of new champion obtainable by 100% exploring the one-day quest), and 4* for Legends.

4 - Bonus (old) Female hero login crystal on 8th March

5 - Basic 2* 'Women of Power' crystal replacing Quickmatch arena crystal for 8th March.

Any more thoughts from the community? Hopefully it could be a bit of fun for us; and maybe even generate some revenue for Kabam selling crystals and Energy refills. Is this a good idea? What would you like to see Kabam do, if anything?

Comments

• Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I certainly hope that next year's International Women's Day in-game event is less sexist than the past one which lauded beating up on weak women, cost 0 energy which devalued the female champions' efforts, and signaled that the best woman was the personification of death. Something appropriate to the day would maybe be a one-day, all-female boss rush.
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    There won’t be an Mcoc international women’s day celebration if Kabam can’t fix the current issues.
    Plus, even if they do put all female OP bosses, all people are gonna do is spend units and time trying their guts out to beat that boss which again is counter intuitive
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    There won’t be an Mcoc international women’s day celebration if Kabam can’t fix the current issues.
    Plus, even if they do put all female OP bosses, all people are gonna do is spend units and time trying their guts out to beat that boss which again is counter intuitive

Yes that's rather my point. Sounds like we're agreeing on suggestion (1):

Female protagonists, male antagonists.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    edited August 2018
    I second @Gwendoline ‘s sentiment. Thanks for thinking us and encouraging us to share our thoughts on the topic.

I don’t recall feeling like International Women’s Day was an issue in year’s past—I don’t think there is overt, deliberate sexism in the game itself. If there is— it has more to do with the comic book industry/target audience than with the game developers. Let’s face it, the 98% male player base wouldn’t enjoy looking at an array of flat-chested, fully clothed, pear-shaped female protagonists.

I think a crystal containing a female champ would go along with the type of reward Kabam would be most likely to give for this type of event—a 2* with some rare chance at a 3 or 4*.

An event would also be fun—but I’m having trouble conceptualizing what aspect of champions’ abilities would make female protagonists most useful in this type of event. Maybe requiring certain female characters as gate champs would serve some sort of purpose.

I think reworks are probably a separate issue. She-hulk, Kamala, and some others definitely need to be re-vamped, but it doesn’t seem like something that should be specifically done for a one-day celebration.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
    edited August 2018
    Another thought, can you imagine if they created a one-day challenge (reward would have to be something decent, or maybe a special title) where you could only bring in a team of female champs (or where there was some enormous benefit regarding how they fight in the quest—in a similar way that the Ant-Man quest encouraged the use of XL champs). People would have to figure out what to do without heavily relying on their OP Blades and Stark Spideys! 🙂 I’m sure some in the community would be frustrated, but it would be interesting nonetheless! 🤣
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Make an event quest that gives a four star or five star crystal with female characters. And don’t fill it with junk, make it good so people actually grind for it.

Characters to put in:

Quake
    Domino
    Scarlett witch
    Rogue
    Medusa
    She hulk
    Electra
    Angela
    Ghost
    Wasp
    Kamala khan
    Phoenix

That gives 1/2 chance to give a god tier. 1/3 chance to give a good - demigod. And a 1/6 chance to give absolute trash
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I second @Gwendoline ‘s sentiment. Thanks for thinking us and encouraging us to share our thoughts on the topic.

I don’t recall feeling like International Women’s Day was an issue in year’s past—I don’t think there is overt, deliberate sexism in the game itself. If there is— it has more to do with the comic book industry/target audience than with the game developers. Let’s face it, the 98% male player base wouldn’t enjoy looking at an array of flat-chested, fully clothed, pear-shaped female protagonists.

I think a crystal containing a female champ would go along with the type of reward Kabam would be most likely to give for this type of event—a 2* with some rare chance at a 3 or 4*.

An event would also be fun—but I’m having trouble conceptualizing what aspect of champions’ abilities would make female protagonists most useful in this type of event. Maybe requiring certain female characters as gate champs would serve some sort of purpose.

I think reworks are probably a separate issue. She-hulk, Kamala, and some others definitely need to be re-vamped, but it doesn’t seem like something that should be specifically done for a one-day celebration.

Just had to say... You missed an opportunity to quote Ant-Man... You could have said "Thinks for thanking of us" Anyways, continue on, I will go back into hibernation.
    Werewrym wrote: »

Just had to say... You missed an opportunity to quote Ant-Man... You could have said "Thinks for thanking of us" Anyways, continue on, I will go back into hibernation.

ibu9swj6fj81.jpeg

@Werewrym Happy now? 😂
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Another thought, can you imagine if they created a one-day challenge (reward would have to be something decent, or maybe a special title) where you could only bring in a team of female champs (or where there was some enormous benefit regarding how they fight in the quest—in a similar way that the Ant-Man quest encouraged the use of XL champs). People would have to figure out what to do without heavily relying on their OP Blades and Stark Spideys! 🙂 I’m sure some in the community would be frustrated, but it would be interesting nonetheless! 🤣

Have a node called male dysfunction:
    -males have 90% reduced attack
    - females have 90% increased attack
    Maybe another which has encourages class advantage called special class
    - +50% special damage if you have advantage
    - -50% special damage

Then might then finally have a use for kamala khan...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

ibu9swj6fj81.jpeg

@Werewrym Happy now? 😂

kafqjyz24ira.gif
    I don’t recall feeling like International Women’s Day was an issue in year’s past—I don’t think there is overt, deliberate sexism in the game itself.

That's good! I wasn't trying to suggest there was (not really in a position to judge); just trying to suggest it might be possible to take a slightly different approach with this one event.

That's more like it!
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188

How about a quest that offers a boost for every female champ on the team? That would be fun. There are some great female characters out there...let them shine!
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Just push a khan buff for a women’s day event, and I’ll be happy

I’m having trouble conceptualizing what aspect of champions’ abilities would make female protagonists most useful in this type of event. Maybe requiring certain female characters as gate champs would serve some sort of purpose.

Gates would be one option; but there may be problems having champion-specific gates, as with the current event.

I'm remembering a global node during the celebrity event for Chloe or Ming-Na, when female champions for a 50% increase in their class advantage (or something like that). You could have nodes that increase special damage, increase power gain or increase ability accuracy for female champions; for example.
  • GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    So you wanna celebrate women's day by "beating" men. That's not how it works man. You raise your flag on Independence Day not burn the British flag. The event should be Women vs Women, only female champs allowed to enter and will be rewarded too. Like the fight scene between Proxima Midnight, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow and General (forgot her name) in wakanda. Think about it. B):o but don't let Thor steal the show :D
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Boss rush idea is best. Domino,medusa, Morningstar, ghost ,wasp

I'm not.sure theres any other decent defenders that are female.
    I.feel.there has to be but I cant think

I think that takes away from the celebratory aspect. You can't really have an Event and only make it enjoyable to those who can complete a Boss Rush. Not much of a celebration. Look at the Movies Event.
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Lol I can't think of any unique ideas
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I think that takes away from the celebratory aspect. You can't really have an Event and only make it enjoyable to those who can complete a Boss Rush. Not much of a celebration. Look at the Movies Event.

Celebrations are for winners imo.

Um...what?
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188

Yeah...huh?
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

Boi
    GlueNoClue wrote: »
    So you wanna celebrate women's day by "beating" men. That's not how it works man. You raise your flag on Independence Day not burn the British flag.

Fair enough. I'm British myself, so appreciate the sentiment 😀👍.

Still, it's a platform beat'em'up game, so our options are a bit limited...
    GlueNoClue wrote: »
    The event should be Women vs Women, only female champs allowed to enter and will be rewarded too. Like the fight scene between Proxima Midnight, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow and General (forgot her name) in wakanda. Think about it. B):o but don't let Thor steal the show :D

That was a good fight scene.

Solid point that we probably don't want the event entirely women Vs men. That's not much better than having entirely female opponents (which is what happened last year).

Thanks to those who've contributed so far. I hope and suspect Kabam will do something for it; as they have before, and they like doing a few one-day events like Christmas, Valentine's, etc.

This thread may not influence things one iota, but I fancied having a try...
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    This Thread has shifted off topic....and I'm not even a mod...

OR AM I?
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    @Magrailothos Lol yes I am I woman and I love your ideas and I would love to see more female characters, considering most of them are males in the game. To be honest they do more for Christmas( even though it’s only called a holiday calander and it’s a holiday that quite a few cultures don’t even celebrate) than they do for an international holiday. Sorry men but you don’t have to push an 10in baby outta yours if ya know what I mean, we deserve a little more than a two star hero. Maybe a title???
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Not sure about events, but if female champions got an extra 20% attack and health boost that applies to all quests then that would be a pretty sweet.