**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lower tier war cost

Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
I was listening to some YouTubers talk about the cost of war, and they wandered into a discussion about how expensive it must be for the lower tiers. That is, in the lower tiers we die more often, don’t have access to the same amount of glory to purchase potions, and don’t get revives from alliance events.

However, we purchase the same kind of potions and boosts at the same cost. Perhaps worse, the rewards at lower tiers are fairly insignificant to progression.

I have personally told my alliance that war is no longer our focus, and we are to put all of our efforts into alliance quest. Mostly for the above reasons.

Does anyone have a different perspective on this? I mean, part of the appeal of war is winning and having fun, so maybe this cost issue shouldn’t be such a big deal? But it kinda is...

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Lower tiers usually don’t have access to a lot of hardcore champs like IMIW and Domino so defenses aren’t usually as bad as top tiers. Also there is not as much of a drive to be super competitive so less items are used because if you can’t finish your path it’s ok. Also, the nodes aren’t pumped full of steroids like tiers 1-3 so they aren’t as bad either. That’s how I’ve always saw lower tiers.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Thanks viper. I agree that the tendency is towards less pressure. I’m just wondering if the pressure reduces one to one with reduced resources and rewards. Or if it is off-balance?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    top tiers gotta buy advanced questing pack (1400 units) on a regular basis for the top boosts, as well as heal up for any fight if you're missing health.

def more expensive at higher tiers imo
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    top tiers gotta buy advanced questing pack (1400 units) on a regular basis for the top boosts, as well as heal up for any fight if you're missing health.

def more expensive at higher tiers imo

That’s hard to argue with. I’ve never seen a single war worth any units, so presumably then the end rewards justify that investment?
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I feel gold 1 is the sweet spot honestly for the rewards to cost ratio

That’s actually what I am telling my newish, rather little, alliance. We Are just about to hit that level, and when we do we will begin to look at reinvesting in war.
    I think that one other thing to consider is that these lower war tier alliances have members who, by all rights, should be investing all of their units and glory into progressing their champs. One of my larger concern for my newest members is that if they waste these resources on trying to keep up in war, their accounts will be permanently stunted. I guess what I’m really saying is that there is nothing in the lower rewards of war seasons that can off set the value of reinvesting those resources into other areas. I kind of wish they would just turn items off in war below tier 10. Or so.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Unless you are pushing for plat 3 or above there's no need to spend. Just let the game balance out your wins.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Higher tier wars do cost a lot more. And I mean a lot more.

Champion health pools are higher on average and if you calculate large boosts(their own cost +added expense of extra potions it takes to heal boosted champions) the sum of that is substantial.

Just because masters alliances doesn’t die as much doesn’t mean we don’t use many items in wars. We heal to full for every fight, always play boosted, if you run hardest paths in tier 1 aw + do mini bosses and bosses ur war expanse is easy 100$ a week +. Some get off cheaper ofcourse.
  • Tomstar124Tomstar124 Posts: 144
    I’m on a fairly low alliance like silver 2/3 and we are at a point of winning 1 losing 1 which is great for us we get 200 odd 4* shards per win and little bit when we lose and when the season is over we get a 4* so worthwhile for us. We put are lowers tier champs in so we have are best for questing and progression and we don’t even have set paths! You just go the way you want and if you die you die!
  • I would definitely say top tier wars are more expensive. It ranges from 100-200$ per week. Maybe even more. There is a lot of factors that go into determining how much the individual war costs.
    -Which path you take(some paths require 3xtripleboosting. meaning 1 war might be 1500 units just on boosts.)
    -Bosskiller
    -Which champ you use and if you end up dying. Usually spend around 5-15 lvl 4 pots on each war, due to boss killing and taking the hardest nodes.

Then you also have to spend money on getting all the new champs, to keep up with defense. T5B offers which is very important in high competing alliances. It really adds up.

Now it may be important to note that the difference between top 3 in master and 3-20 might vary. And I am sure a few master alliances are able to keep their spending to the minimum. But the top has to spend quite a bit on each AW.

And keep in mind we only get the extra glory because we play a lot of map 6. Which costs a ton of gold/bc/loyalty. And to be able to get some decent glory rewards you have to be pushing for prestige. The most usual way to push prestige is money.

This is not a complaining comment, but rather to give some insight on how expensive the high-end alliances can be.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    I think another factor is that in high tiers, you are boosted to the max, and always achieve an attack bonus on every node. That is, nobody dies 3X to any node in the highest tiers (at least if you want to keep your spot in an alliance at that level). Whereas, if you are not boosted, die a few times to a node, you may as well throw small revives at your team without healing just to get a node down, thereby inflating the number of deaths per war.
    Thanks guys I certainly appreciate all your opinions on this. My only dissenting vote at this point is that in our current war my defenders have gotten 39 kills, and I still have ten defenders left. That means the other team must be using a massive amount of items just to get through this silly little war, but it also means that if we intend to move up, shouldn’t we do the same? I’m puzzled.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Tier 15 here. War is definitely cheap down here. You just need 3 or 4 path clearers, and 1 boss killer. You do miracles with only 4/40 champs here. My Sentry 5* 2/35 has even gotten 20 kills as boss. That can tell you, how low level the fights are.

Rewards, however, are pennies. You get like, 300 4*shards and 400 3* shards, like 2k loyalty. If you save enough, youll get another 4*, hoping that you will dupe one of your top champs, maybe a top defender, but you can definitely not expect to do huge steps toward progression.