**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which 5* crystal to open?

Is the new featured 5* crystal better than the basic one? I have 10k 5* shards but considering saving for the featured one.

Which 5* crystal to open? 62 votes

Basic crystal
61%
ShrimkinsJestressgatra_hpJadedManup456SpeedbumpMets17GNASTYDarkrider05DOKTOROKTOPUSmdsubIcsGrecDoonxCupidrockykostonArchdemon_iR0NLuNGStagedear85FlenniJohn757 38 votes
Featured crystal
38%
MattyloGeneral__RossDrOctavius2_2BapoibuttersKamr05JonibärchenSgtAnime1AanthoHarbinger195AssumedNameKillerRino19jvellusQuatre_1988Shadow_PhoneixMaldroit2Reaper213Mitchell35BoogNight22DANTEPLAYMCOC 24 votes

Comments

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Basic crystal
    I never went for featured crystals. If i`m to be lucky, I`ll get a great champ from the Basic crystal too (and I have, a few times)
    Same applies to the unlucky part. If you're unlucky, you'll get the patriot from the featured and you'll be very upset. (happened to me a few times aswell)
  • DiolaxDiolax Posts: 3
    Is just math: with the featured crystal u significantly increase the drop rate of a good pg, that's why u pay more for it. Especially with the one that is out now. But statistics is not truth, so u can get a bad pg as well
  • WolverDominatorWolverDominator Posts: 132
    It’s a matter of statistics. Let’s assume you have 30k shards = 2 feature cristals or 3 basic.
    You need to calculate odds for having “good” result based on formula:
    Odds=number of cristals * (number of good heroes / number of possible heroes)
    Let’s assume you have 8/24 interesting feature heroes and 20/96 interesting basic heroes.
    Odd for feature = 2 * 8 / 24 = 67%
    Odd for basic = 3 * 20 / 96 = 62%
    In such a case, I would choose feature Cristals
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    What you have to be comfortable with is the concept of risk.

The current 5-star featured crystal has the opportunity to provide a roster-altering character. There's no doubt about that -- Domino, Iron Man (IW), Hyperion...those characters can change how you play on offense and defense.

But there's also Groot and Iron Patriot in there.

If you have the stomach for the risk of the extra 5,000 shards -- because 10K are sunk cost, no matter whether you go basic or featured -- then do the featured. Because there are pretty decent odds that you are going to get a fairly decent character.

But that's not guaranteed. It's just not. You could get a Groot or IP.

When I was faced with this choice twice recently, I went with the Basics. Not because I think that's the best choice. It's just the choice I made, based on how I process risk vs. reward.

Out of the four basic crystals I have opened since the current feature crystal has come out, I got, in order, Doctor Voodoo, Hyperion, Angela and Spider-Gwen.

When I opened basics during the last five-star featured, I got, in order: Phoenix, Winter Soldier, Beast and Gambit.

So there's no rhyme or reason to it. No telling what you're gonna pull. Sometimes, you're gonna get a Hyperion. Sometimes, you're gonna get a Spider-Gwen. Just the way it is

• MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Featured crystal
    All really depends on your roster honestly but like someone said above you have a better chance a good champ in the feature but at a cost of a second basic 5* if you miss.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Basic crystal
    Pulled AA from basic.. 5k shards saved
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    Basic crystal
    go for basic.
    i went for featured, and got garbage:
    - hela
    - psylocke
    - ironpat
    - groot
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Featured crystal
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    go for basic.
    i went for featured, and got garbage:
    - hela
    - psylocke
    - ironpat
    - groot

But hela isn’t garbage? She’s like high Demi god imo
  • GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    Basic crystal
    Always Basic, unless you have all the Champs and wanna add new ones to the collection. :)
  • buttersbutters Posts: 116
    Featured crystal
    Went Featured Pulled Masacre, Wasp, Magik, Groot, Falcon, AA, Corvus, Black Panther CW, Winter Soldier, and Hela. So it really is hit or miss. My logic was my top 4 wanted champs were in there and I pulled 3 of them so far, so I am not mad.