**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Adaptoid on Mastery Level

Anybody know what champs are good to beat the Adaptoid on the event quest(Master). Bleed champs dont work, he regenes to much. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    he doesn't bleed at all
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    On Master I found Yondu to be effective. Many with Heal Block and stun are good options.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Ronan
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Medusa
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Nebula with 5 Charges. He's a Robot. Use the Proxima Synergy and she starts the Fight with 10 off the bat.
  • TreyMoss2016TreyMoss2016 Posts: 122
    How about 5* Hulk(Ragnarok)? So IMIW and Blade are no use?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Welcome. Can't take credit. Someone else realized it. :)
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    3* ronan
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Void works too
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I'd imagine to some extent Guilly with sp2 could work but Ronan (duped) is best and easiest
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    edited August 2018

Blade is garbage. No idea about IMIW.
    Hulk Rags might work.
    Magik should be ok. Loki should be ok.
    I beat him with 3* duped Ronan, and with Ghost Rider once, when I failed with Ronan :smile:
    Juggernaut might also work, but I haven't tried him.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    IcsGrec wrote: »

Blade is garbage. No idea about IMIW.
    Hulk Rags might work.
    Magik should be ok. Loki should be ok.
    I beat him with 3* duped Ronan, and with Ghost Rider once, when I failed with Ronan :smile:
    Juggernaut might also work, but I haven't tried him.

I soloed him with Blade 4-40 4* (in trinity setup) about 6 times. Blade is not garbage for this fight. He is certainly not the only option.
    Thanks everyone!!
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    If you want to basically walk through the fight, use a duped Ronan. Any star level.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’d advise you to have a look at this thread I made detailing many counters for the adaptoid, others have suggested alternate options as well so having a read through all of it wouldn’t hurt.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87538/hydra-adaptoid-counters-definitive-list/p1
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    I’d advise you to have a look at this thread I made detailing many counters for the adaptoid, others have suggested alternate options as well so having a read through all of it wouldn’t hurt.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87538/hydra-adaptoid-counters-definitive-list/p1

The MOD’s should just sticky this post. Great write up. 👏
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    duped Ronan is the best option, permanent stun lock and you just hit and hit... boring, but effective. basically the same for red scull
    fyi, it's all about his sig - sp stun increases for each buff your opponent has.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Duped Ronan with stupify, pacfiy and petrify masteries make the fight a cakewalk.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Ronin ROFLstomps both master and uncollected adaptoid AND red skull.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Ronan works the best with master and uncollected. it would just take time
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Ronan works the best with master and uncollected. it would just take time

I ranked my 3* Ronan just for this and used an AG and and 3 stones. He destroyed Master and Uncollected symbiote and red skull. The only hard part is making sure you don't get killed before you can fire off your special 1, but he was able to take some block damage and then it's good to go after that. Wait til the last moment possible to fire off the l1 so you slowly build up a little more each time and then you aren't right on the edge of a power bar each time.

HARDEST part of uncollected was Domino as I have no counter champs and she just enjoyed healing on buffet. She drained my units - total BS fight of the whole EQ. Way harder than the bosses and had to fight her twice. For someone with 4* R5 (only), that was the hard part. No vision, void, voodoo, yondu, etc. Just had to keep chipping away with 4* STARK, boosts and lots of revives/potions and watch him die even with perfect play a few times.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    VTA92 wrote: »

The MOD’s should just sticky this post. Great write up. 👏

Thanks, I just kinda got bored of so many people claiming it “needed specific champs”, and while that is partially true, (as in specific champs do counter it, but any champion *could* do it if ranked high enough) when “specific champs” means about 30% of the available champs, it doesn’t really have the same weight to the statement.