**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Despair vs willpower.

Which one should I get first? It could be a while before I have enough units for the other.

Comments

• crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I have both at level 2 and I'm not even sure if it makes that much of a difference honestly. Lol
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Willpower should have a bigger impact on the gameplay.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'm a big advocate of despair. I don't think I have ever removed it from being max in my masteries, whereas Ive had times I remove willpower.
  • I have both at level 2 and I'm not even sure if it makes that much of a difference honestly. Lol

Aren't they supposed to be the best masteries? I think it should make a noticeable difference for 1100 units.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I have both at level 2 and I'm not even sure if it makes that much of a difference honestly. Lol

Aren't they supposed to be the best masteries? I think it should make a noticeable difference for 1100 units.

Best masteries are the ones that suit you best, depending on what content you are doing.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

The best masteries are Parry and Dexterity lol
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Dispare is a waste as far as I’m concerned. I maxed it and had no noticeable difference in game play what so ever. You would think for the cost to max out there would be a noticeable difference in game play , RIGHT
    @Supermanafficinado I'm not sure, man. I like to have as many masteries activated as possible so that I can be well-balanced. I'm sure that they are helping but I also don't have them jacked up like I do deep wounds or assassin.
    @Mainer123 I'm actually considering removing both and boosting up my deep wounds and assassin even further.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    It all depends what champs you use to take advantage of masteries. Willpower won't be largely noticeable when you turn it on. I only noticed it when I played with it for a few months, then turned it off. I just died quicker. Everything I see, one point is enough in this, and some dont have points in it at all.

Despair is one of my favorites, at least when I ran wolv in AQ before sentinels. You could easily just make magik bleed and even if her limbo did damage to you, she wouldnt regen. I found that handy. I currently have despair and deep wounds maxed for my blade and I love it.