**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which supposedly god-tier champ did you end up most disappointed in after getting them?

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Stewman wrote: »
    Man, I just can't wrap my head around folks saying voodoo is disappointing.
    At 4/55 he was hands down my MVP for finishing act 5

Anyway, on topic. He is not necessarily god tier, but I ranked Sabretooth up on recommendations from friends.
    The payoff for building up his damage just isn't worth it.

I guess for me it was more the fact that I had other champs that could do what Voodoo does. For power control I had Magik, for ability accuracy reduction I had AA and his ability reduction is so much better. Guess I just didn't really have use for Voodoo, I'd probably r4 him someday when t2a are more readily available.

Yeah but that’s also 2 champs you have to use instead of just 1 (DV can do both well). But to each their own.

The two for me are Magik and Iceman. There’s so much hype about Magik and I just do not get it. Yeah power lock is nice but that’s about all she has. It’s kinda meh. She can’t take a hit and her base attack is really poor. Iceman has his uses (triple immunity is fantastic) but I just don’t get much fun or satisfaction from using him.

I think the difference is that Magik has a much better power lock and AA has a much better ability reduction. I find them both much better than a champ who can do a little of each. Don't get me wrong here though, I love Dr. Voodoo, and would love to take him to r4, but I just can't afford the t2a, so in the mean time my Magik and AA work just as well. I have to disagree with you on Magik though, I think she is fantastic and for the path I take in AW she is essential. I get node 27 which is usually Medusa, and also the 100% power gain node on top, which is usually useful to have Magik on. I can almost always solo node 27 Medusa with Magik, and she will almost always work against the power gain node also, so for me she is the key to my path (Which could be the reason I think she is so great). I think the main point that I would say is that Magik is the best at what she does. There is no champ that can power lock as good as she can, and there are a whole lot of scenarios where power locking is essential.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Blackbolt right when I got him they nerfed pb
  • Chris_L_HChris_L_H Posts: 162
    for me it's Blade, but I'm missing Sparky to have the full Trinity. Saying that though, I think he's only a shade under the expectations.

As for Dr. V, I'm a big believer.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Blade,the only thing that I can use him good at is special 2 and when he is awakened.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Blade, I have him as a 5 star at R3 sig 50 with a 3-4 skill rank up gem from act 5 and I'm just looking at it not wanting to do it. I do use him with GR and Sparky and still, he's not crazy fun to use. He's great but I enjoy other champs more and he's not as good as everyone made him out to be
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I think the difference is that Magik has a much better power lock and AA has a much better ability reduction. I find them both much better than a champ who can do a little of each. Don't get me wrong here though, I love Dr. Voodoo, and would love to take him to r4, but I just can't afford the t2a, so in the mean time my Magik and AA work just as well. I have to disagree with you on Magik though, I think she is fantastic and for the path I take in AW she is essential. I get node 27 which is usually Medusa, and also the 100% power gain node on top, which is usually useful to have Magik on. I can almost always solo node 27 Medusa with Magik, and she will almost always work against the power gain node also, so for me she is the key to my path (Which could be the reason I think she is so great). I think the main point that I would say is that Magik is the best at what she does. There is no champ that can power lock as good as she can, and there are a whole lot of scenarios where power locking is essential.

@Werewrym Solid points. Assigned war paths give more value to champions than most things in MCOC. You mentioned node 27, Magik is clutch for that miniboss regardless of who is placed there. AA is excellent for ability reduction unless he's fighting bleed/poison immune enemies. Gwenpool might be best for defensive ability reduction. If you want offensive and defensive ability reduction Luke Cage is very good except against debuff immune matchups. Voodoo may be the only champion who has offensive and defensive ability reduction that's not limited by things like immunities.

@Shrimkins mentioned Voodoo's utility may be best in the game if he's duped with high MD. I agree with this. If your alliance is tier 1-5 AW and your path consistently has defenders that have auto-block, power gain, evade abilities, immunities, all-or-nothing, buffet/masochism, and poison/bleed nodes, Voodoo is one of the few AW attackers able to manage all of these situations.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Stewman wrote: »
    Man, I just can't wrap my head around folks saying voodoo is disappointing.
    At 4/55 he was hands down my MVP for finishing act 5

Anyway, on topic. He is not necessarily god tier, but I ranked Sabretooth up on recommendations from friends.
    The payoff for building up his damage just isn't worth it.

I guess for me it was more the fact that I had other champs that could do what Voodoo does. For power control I had Magik, for ability accuracy reduction I had AA and his ability reduction is so much better. Guess I just didn't really have use for Voodoo, I'd probably r4 him someday when t2a are more readily available.

Yeah but that’s also 2 champs you have to use instead of just 1 (DV can do both well). But to each their own.

The two for me are Magik and Iceman. There’s so much hype about Magik and I just do not get it. Yeah power lock is nice but that’s about all she has. It’s kinda meh. She can’t take a hit and her base attack is really poor. Iceman has his uses (triple immunity is fantastic) but I just don’t get much fun or satisfaction from using him.

Hey man, good to see you back. Remember when impaler was all about magik before her buff ? Long time ago ! You still on line ?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Easily Iceman.
    I don't rate him at all, I started his arena grind and pulled him from a PHC when I hit 1 million points.
    I carried on to awaken him, took him to 5/50 and he's arena fodder.

Maybe I'd change my mind if I had him 5*?
    Who knows, I never get good 5* so I'll probably never find out
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    For me, Blade. He is really good but doesn't live up to the hype, and mine is a 5* 5/65 at sig 152. In my ally there are many that would say Iceman or Voodoo too, but I don't have them as 5 stars.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Iceman. Would rather R5 duped Storm, X-23, or Sabretooth.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Every God tier champ has its uses and they rise up to the challenge. Calling a God tier disappointing is a lot about lack of knowledge / skill to use the said champ.

I've even found that the said list from Seatin has some gaping holes because there are champs that are much better than what they are categorized.

Take for example Mephisto, he's an all round champ, good for most fights. Stops buffs, regens, has decent attack output and can do power control on sp3. IMO he's no short of God tier, yes he cannot do LOL/ROL probably, but that's not the only criteria.

As for disappointing, every champ takes time to get used to. Best example is Dr Voodoo, I couldn't understand why ppl praise him so much, but I've consistently used him and now I understand, I've got a 4* 5/50 duped and he already wrecks opponents.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Calling a God tier disappointing is a lot about lack of knowledge / skill to use the said champ.

Not really. You can know perfectly well how to use a champion and still be disappointed. Also - disappointment is subject in nature.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Easily Iceman.
    I don't rate him at all, I started his arena grind and pulled him from a PHC when I hit 1 million points.
    I carried on to awaken him, took him to 5/50 and he's arena fodder.

Maybe I'd change my mind if I had him 5*?
    Who knows, I never get good 5* so I'll probably never find out

This. My 5/50 Iceman is arena fodder as well. Maybe the 5* is better...

Also not a big fan of Morningstar. Really hate that it takes multiple fights to build up her damage output, and by the time you have the souls her health is almost gone. Took mine to 3/45 only for AW defense. Her initial damage is horrible which makes her bad for something as simple as arena grinding as well.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    All of mine that classify as god tier, according to Seatin’s list, are awesome. Blade, Medusa, Hyperion, Stark Spider-Man, Archangel, Iceman. All duped. Love playing all of those champs.
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    all the people saying medusa, feelsbadman
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Comments about Voodoo are just funny. Voodoo is probably the best overall character in the game (and I don't know why I added probably).

Agree with Zola on Medusa, she's good but not that good.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    If a new champ were added who:

1: Auto-regens about 30% of their health at the beginning of each fight
    2: can power drain or power burn that can be controlled according to what you need at the time
    3: power control on sp2 and sp3
    4: can convert all buffs into poison, plus mini buffs that this new champ can create?

People would be going crazy to get this champ, and there would be screams for a buff.

People sleep on Voodoo because they can’t use him or because he’s old news.

I’m glad @DTMelodicMetal sold me on him and convinced me to R5 him, he coasts through any situation in war.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Blade2099 wrote: »
    dont hate me on this but I'm not a huge fan of Stark Spidey. I compare to the hood. If you dont get hit hes a god. But if you mess up and get hit you lose a bunch of health. His attack is good dont get me wrong but i dont like his health.

Stark Spidey is just the best champ in the game
    And even if you mess up he auto evades specials
    And no other champ has such satifying damage as him
    Blade is overrated btw

How satisfying is getting wrecked by an AV L1 or Punisher L2 in war?
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Blade by far... By the time I got him I had found soanynother ways to do what he does to almost every champ in the game. His greatest weakness is evade champs. I can see how some would say Dr. Voodoo however everything post blade is hard to see the value in from all the hype. I still love my Dr. Voodoo.
  • His evade is not the of evade where you evade one hit and get rekt.
    If you evade one hit you evade the entire special
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    His evade is not the of evade where you evade one hit and get rekt.

False. You should learn about him.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    His evade is not the of evade where you evade one hit and get rekt.

False. You should learn about him.

I have him as a 5*r4 and use him every war lmao