**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected Adaptoid: The Wrath of Kabam

Another tale of woe from the Contest of Champions

Summoner: Okay guys, there's no AQ, there's no AW, its time to start wrapping up Uncollected. Today we're going after the Adaptoid. Are we ready?

Blade: Wh? What? Don't hit into block!

Summoner: Relax Blade. I just need you to get us to the Adaptoid. After that, you're done. Magik? You're first up on the Adaptoid.

Magik: He won't know what hit him.

Summoner: Just be careful. I want him taken down nice and neat.

Blade: All done. Adaptoid's all yours.

Summoner: Okay Magik, do your thing.

Magik: Check this out. Whoops, he missed. Whoops, he missed again. I bet you regret stealing your animations from Iron Man's reject pile, huh Adaptoid. Wait for it, wait for it, and SP3 ka - boom! Oh did that hurt? That looked like it hurt. Whoosh, smack smack smack. Whoosh, swing and a miss Adaptoid. Lookie lookie, three bars of power. Say hellow to my little friend ... and ba-boom! Adaptoid you're going down. Whoosh missed again. Almost three bars of power again Adaptoid, whoosh missed ag...

Summoner: Err, what happened there Magik?

Magik: He used two specials in a row! That's cheating!

Summoner: Three bars, two specials. I don't use you in AQ, do I?

Magik: What does that have to do with anything?

Summoner: Nothing. Go ask Rogue about Sentinels in AQ. Just stand several feet back when you do.

Captain America IW: Sir. I can finish him off.

Summoner: Go ahead Cap, take your best shot.

Captain America IW: No problem. I hit right through unstoppable, and I saw that dirty trick he played with the two specials. I won't fall for that.

Summoner: That's the spirit. Take him down.

Summoner: Cap?

Captain America IW: Yep. I'm not dead, I'm still going.

Summoner: Yes, I know, but its been over ten minutes now.

Captain America IW: He hasn't hit me yet.

Summoner: Yeah, but he has full health again.

Captain America IW: I noticed that.

Summoner: You actually managed to go backwards.

Captain America IW: Its the heal. I can't seem to hit him faster than the heal and also evade all those specials.

Summoner: I think you need more practice leveraging your debuffs.

Captain America IW: *I* need practice?

Summoner: Let's not start pointing fingers. Just die already and we can swap someone else in there.

Magik: You still have revives, hint hint.

Summoner: No, let's give Ronan a shot. He's been begging to get into one of these teams. Ronan? Time to get off the bench and suit up. Go get that Adaptoid.

Ronan: Me? Really? Alrighty then. Let's do this. Whoa, evade. Whoa, evade. Now to land that SP1 and stun. Holy **** look at that stun. Smack, smack, smack, SP1 whammo stun. Heh, this is great! Hit hit hit hit stun! Yo, Adaptoid, who's your daddy? I'm sorry, I can't hear you, what was that? Oh you want more of this? No problem, wham stun! Hey guys check it out, underhand hammer, swing and stun! Light, medium, heavy, and stun! Check it out I'm going to take a selfie with Adaptoid: click. And ... stun!

Summoner: Well I'll be damned. This is certainly easy mode. I kinda wish you did more damage though.

Ronan: Who needs damage when you have THIS BIG HAMMER! Besides, his health is going down. Kinda helps I don't have to evade specials. Or light attacks, or medium attacks, or anything else. Boom goes the hammer, and boom goes that statue of the Adaptoid I'm using as a punching bag. Now who's the number one stud, huh Magik?

Summoner: Yeah, that's great. But could you maybe pick up the pace a bit?

Ronan: Oh, don't worry, he's going down. Look at that, he's down to unblockable. Oh, wait, he can't be unblockable if he can't attack. Loo-zah! Who's the master? Yo, Adaptoid; who's the master!

Summoner: Uh, Ronan, I just realized something. Cap spent way too long on this earlier.

Ronan: I got this, don't worry! Hey Adaptoid, I'm talking to you. When I say "who's the master?" you say "Ro-nan." Now: who's the ma-

3gpzo0utnn18.png

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Love it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It seems that Hydraptoid is bringing it out of us all. Entertaining write-up. Love it.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    This made my night! Thanks @DNA3000 !
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    Lmao. The ending is hilarious. Kudos @DNA3000
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    My uncollected adaptoid story.

Finished ROL finally having been staying away from it considering the boring long fights. Got 4 star Ronan, used cosmic awakening gem and few stones. Took him to R4. Blade and co took care till adaptoid. Ronan one shotted both adaptoid as well as the red skull. No revives used. Finally the patience pays off, just like against uncollected Thanos that I did.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Hahaha.. "take a selfie with the stunned adaptoid.." that about sums up the Ronan kill:)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Pro-tip 1: when using Ronan, it is probably best to rank him up to 5/50 or its going to be a very long slog.

Pro-tip 2: if you're running the Uncollected Adaptoid map and its going to be a long slog, don't start within an hour of scheduled maintenance.

Pro-tip 3: If you're not going to get the kill before scheduled maintenance starts, consider suicide *before* he reaches 25%.

Pro-tip 4: Energy refills are cheaper than revives.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

Finished ROL finally having been staying away from it considering the boring long fights. Got 4 star Ronan, used cosmic awakening gem and few stones. Took him to R4. Blade and co took care till adaptoid. Ronan one shotted both adaptoid as well as the red skull. No revives used. Finally the patience pays off, just like against uncollected Thanos that I did.

Well done. The part about adding sig stones is important: not everyone knows that the stun scales with sig level. With just an awakening stone, I believe the 4* Ronan's stun isn't quite long enough to be consistently safely perma. I think that's why some players have reported having the stun break while trying this strategy.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    We need one for Hemidall as well 🤣
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Well done. The part about adding sig stones is important: not everyone knows that the stun scales with sig level. With just an awakening stone, I believe the 4* Ronan's stun isn't quite long enough to be consistently safely perma. I think that's why some players have reported having the stun break while trying this strategy.

q8p22cq9z2sy.jpeg

I don’t have issues with stun time using a 5* R3 lvl20 versus UC Adaptoid or RedSkull, even though I could achieve greater stun time with a 4* R5 lvl99

• Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★

Thankyou for appreciating. And yes it is the signature ability of Ronan that is important and that is what keeps on increasing the stun duration. My Ronan is signed 29 4 star R4 and works just fine on uncollected. I don't think there is necessity to R5 him just yet. I took down adaptoid in 162,150,132,140 hits. Only 1 more path is remaining. Red skull was about 108 hits. So it's just working fine for me at the moment.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    This is really, really funny. Thank you @DNA3000

Dr. Zola
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Please make these a regular thing!! Loved both of them.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Omg that’s awesome. You made my freaking day.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    This made my day! Hilarious!!!!
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Lol you're awesome.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Pro-tip 1: when using Ronan, it is probably best to rank him up to 5/50 or its going to be a very long slog.

Pro-tip 2: if you're running the Uncollected Adaptoid map and its going to be a long slog, don't start within an hour of scheduled maintenance.

Pro-tip 3: If you're not going to get the kill before scheduled maintenance starts, consider suicide *before* he reaches 25%.

Pro-tip 4: Energy refills are cheaper than revives.

Where's the pro-tip to avoid emergency maintenance?

Find a different game
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    How is this not stickied yet, hahahahaha..
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

Ronan: I got this, don't worry! Hey Adaptoid, I'm talking to you. When I say "who's the master?" you say "Ro-nan." Now: who's the ma-

3gpzo0utnn18.png

f5ss5i6yc01g.gif
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    YESSSSS!!!!!
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    @DNA3000 Thank you for making me laugh today.
    You are my favorite
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I want to make a little book out of these and keep it in my bedroom
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    My God. What a twist ending. Love it dude
    I don’t have issues with stun time using a 5* R3 lvl20 versus UC Adaptoid or RedSkull, even though I could achieve greater stun time with a 4* R5 lvl99

That's plenty. But I think at sig 1 it is only 0.2 seconds per buff and that's more than one second less against the Adaptoid. I think that's where it gets dicey.
  • Fanfiction in the making
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This is great. I’ve always enjoyed your posts and this one surely made me laugh throughout the whole thing. Hopefully we have more of these coming and others can contribute, too. It’s funny because while reading this I felt like I wasn’t alone when I talk this way to my game 😂🤣
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Kahrahtay wrote: »
    nxdkcr6gyl5y.jpeg

I don't have the patience. Used a 3*. That was long enough. 😂