**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kingpin Uses

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
As the proud owner of a shiny new 6* Kingpin, I’m trying to be open-minded about his uses (other than A/N nodes in AW D). I confess I haven’t spent much time studying a lot of the newer champs.

Anyone want to provide a primer?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t know much about him but his DAAR on L1 seems decent and he seems like a good counter to debuff heavy champs, specifically Void.

He is better than the dust collecting 6* DD I just got a couple weeks ago.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    @V1PER1987 thanks, and that’s unfortunate about DD. I haven’t hit the 6* jackpot, but Cage, GG and KP are decent enough pulls. I just don’t know anything other than that I always tease out his Sp1 when I face him and sometimes get caught on a parry that doesn’t work.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    @V1PER1987 thanks, and that’s unfortunate about DD. I haven’t hit the 6* jackpot, but Cage, GG and KP are decent enough pulls. I just don’t know anything other than that I always tease out his Sp1 when I face him and sometimes get caught on a parry that doesn’t work.

Dr. Zola

They’re all useable, not too shabby. I never got a chance to play around with KP as I only ever had a 4* version. But if he can build up enough rage and convert to overpower he gains a massive attack boost. The only thing about that is, you typically have to get hit to get debuffs inflicted upon you unless you face Void so he always seemed like more of a defender.
    Agreed. Although on debuff champs/nodes he could be useful. Kind of like a Rogue that gets fury instead.

Dr. Zola
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Butt back can do well on AW D to counter an attacker using Void.
  • PrinceEldarionPrinceEldarion Posts: 76
    He's not bad. was my first 6*. Accuracy ability reduction with his L1 is very useful. Great against evaders. Gains rage whenever they evade plus L1 will reduce the evades. L2 does good damage and L3 lets you gain rage. long fights where i don't need to reduce ability accuracy, i spam L3 to gain rage. Massive health so he lasts long
    I need to read up a little. I’ve always seen him as a defender first; sounds like an above average 6* pull.

Dr. Zola
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited August 2018
    1.Caltrops/bleed/poison nodes- work to his advantage with rage buffs

2.Evade champ counter

3.debuff counter in general

4.Hes a tank.

5.heavy attack that’s unstoppable and grants resistance and attack , move over Hyperion.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Heavy attack chain... absolutely amazing.
  • Use him with suicide masteries
    Thanks again. Making me feel even better about the big guy.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I got him as a 5* and haven't played with him a lot either. I think I would be much more happy with a 6* Kingpin than I am with my 6* DPX and Iron Fist though. I like to use heavy attacks because after you hit them with like three in a row you get a nice fury buff, then you can use your l1 and do even more damage.

Edit: Just went and read his description. It look like the best move with Kingpin is to keep using his l3 so you can stack your rage buffs. When he converts his rage to a fury buff it gives him an additional 3k attack as a r5 4*. I can only imagine what it gives him as a r1 6*. I bet he can put out some serious hurt if you use your l1 while he has that fury buff active.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm struggling with caltrops and I wish I had a Kingpin now to help me get through it. I never knew that that would benefit his rage. I love posts like this in the Forum because they're so helpful. ❤️
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thanks again. Making me feel even better about the big guy.

Dr. Zola

Looks like I have a stalker flagging me. Wonder who it is?

Dr. Zola