**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Dungeons Discussion Thread

Greetings Summoners!

Dungeons are coming back with a number of improvements! You'll want to take a look at our Announcement Thread here, but feel free to ask any questions or make any comments you may have in this thread.

We've also taken this opportunity to share with you all some of our Intentions behind Dungeons, the lessons that we learned, and how we improved on them. Take a look at that post here.

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89572/about-dungeons-crystals#latest

I asked a question here before I saw this post. Sorry about that. But could I get an answer
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Are these the same crystals as lat time? Basic and can only buy each once?
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Is there a limit to how many of each dungeon crystal we can obtain. If I hold out until I have 81,000, would I be able to purchase three of the the same 5* dungeon crystal?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    Are these the same crystals as lat time? Basic and can only buy each once?

Nop ... They are normal crystals with specific champions on it. It says on the announcement.
    Is there a limit to how many of each dungeon crystal we can obtain. If I hold out until I have 81,000, would I be able to purchase three of the the same 5* dungeon crystal?

Is cap at 55k.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,145 ★★★★★

Announcement says this: You’re still only able to hold on to 55,000 Artifacts at a time, so don’t hold on too long!
    How many of each crystal can we purchase?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So you have 6 weeks of dungeons but it takes essentially 4 weeks of dungeons for one 5* crystal. So what’s the point of running the last 2 weeks of dungeons?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So you have 6 weeks of dungeons but it takes essentially 4 weeks of dungeons for one 5* crystal. So what’s the point of running the last 2 weeks of dungeons?

Because the store is permanent and you can save artifact shards for the next time dungeons comes back around to get to a crystal quicker.

Because the store is permanent and you can save artifact shards for the next time dungeons comes back around to get to a crystal quicker.

There are only 3 2 week periods announced. I guess the question is are they coming back after those 3 2 week periods.
  • cab55cab55 Posts: 34
    edited August 2018
    Question: I see a pool of 60 champions in the 5-star crystal. It's a unique cyrstal or is it 6 different crystals with 10 champions like last time?
    cab55 wrote: »
    Question: I see a pool of 60 champions in the 5-star crystal. It's a unique cyristal or is it 6 different crystals with 10 champions like last time?

The color shading seems to indicate that there’s 6 different crystals of 10 champs like last time.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

There are only 3 2 week periods announced. I guess the question is are they coming back after those 3 2 week periods.

At this time, we've only announced these 3 periods, but are using each of these times to gather data, feedback, and make observations that will help us determine what the future of Dungeons will look like. We do want to bring them back again after, but after we have had the opportunity to analyze what we get from these 3.
  • cab55cab55 Posts: 34
    Question: I see a pool of 60 champions in the 5-star crystal. It's a unique cyristal or is it 6 different crystals with 10 champions like last time?

The color shading seems to indicate that there’s 6 different crystals of 10 champs like last time.

Ah
    Thanks. I didn't notice it. Seems that I need glasses :(

This is correct!
  • How many of each crystal can we purchase?

Asking the team about this right now!

At this time, we've only announced these 3 periods, but are using each of these times to gather data, feedback, and make observations that will help us determine what the future of Dungeons will look like. We do want to bring them back again after, but after we have had the opportunity to analyze what we get from these 3.

Ok so then we should do the last installment of dungeons because you are planning on keeping it going in the future.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Will the crystals stay the same for all three events? And will you only be allowed to buy each crystal one time? There was a lot of confusion the first set. Im under the assumption that i can save all my artifacts till the third event and purchase 4 5* crystals assuming I max out on collecting them is this correct?
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 45
    Once again really bad rewards. Some heavy work that require the commitment of two people to rely on the RNG at the end.
    It's kinda unfortunate as you guys make everything rely on RNG, while some people will walk away with Blades, Void, Medusa, etc. Other will walk away with useless champs such as Colossus, Groot, Rocket Racoon...

As you guys are gathering DATA, and feedback I already will give mine before even try.
    Make a store that contain significant rewards that do not rely on RNG, things that are useful and still you gotta decide if you want to buy MATERIAL A or MATERIAL B. You guys already did that with Valor store and many other iterations of the same. Give us some substantial reward, not a single shoot in the dark. You can still have your crystal for the people that are willing to accept the RNG fate. But other people rather have something more substantial than a miserable shoot for a champion.

Ok so then we should do the last installment of dungeons because you are planning on keeping it going in the future.

Correct! Artifacts are now a permanent part of the game, and will be available again in the future.
    How many of each crystal can we purchase?

Asking the team about this right now!

Thanks Miike 👍
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    After reading the announcement and the behind the scenes post... I love it. I loved dungeons the first time around, even if the time commitments were a bit on the high side, they were a lot of fun... it looks like you are addressing that and other issues over these three iterations with a couple possible options, which is just awesome...

If I may make 2 additional suggestions:

You mention removing “selfishness” from the first set of fights, so your teammate makes the call... I think it would accomplish the same thing if the 2 possible fights are just the same champ, then they wouldn’t be hidden, giving more power to the fighter in selecting his champion...

Second, when someone calls out a node to take down using the auto chat, perhaps the game could highlight that node
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Sorry if this is explained in the posts, there’s a lot to read. I see that Dark Artefacts will be permanent, great, what I’m asking is will the 5* crystal pools remain the same or will they change from each iteration of dungeons? Cheers.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    If you dupe a champ on the artifact crystal will you get shards and sig lvls? Are there other rewards other than artifacts? Is there going to be a dungeons day?