**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What Exactly is Prestige?

Sorry for being clueless but what is prestige? I would like for someone to tell me. neutral:

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Average PI of your top 5 champs ignoring masteries. Plenty of calculators you can use to find out what yours is. But always a good idea to put 7-10 in.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It is the sum of the PI for your top 5 champs without any synergies or masteries.

There are several online calculators/databases that can help you determine it by entering your champs (stars, rank, level, and sig level).
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Philosophically speaking, its an arbitrary measure of your success in the game, the calculation of which includes several variable, including, but not limited to: (1) your RNG luck in pulling high prestige champs, (2) your willingness to drop cash to obtain new, high prestige champs, (3) Kabam's determination of which champs have high prestige, and which don't, and (4) your willingness to rank champs solely based on prestige.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    This value should be displayed and apparent since so much of the game hinges on it. The fact that it is not is somewhat disingenuous on the part of kabam. The fact that champs prestiges are not visible and apparent, especially when deciding whom to level up, is a shame.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Philosophically speaking, its an arbitrary measure of your success in the game, the calculation of which includes several variable, including, but not limited to: (1) your RNG luck in pulling high prestige champs, (2) your willingness to drop cash to obtain new, high prestige champs, (3) Kabam's determination of which champs have high prestige, and which don't, and (4) your willingness to rank champs solely based on prestige.

It should also be noted that all of the champs added in 2018 have been given higher prestige than the older champs to help make them even more desirable. My Sig 10 Redskull has the same prestige as my sig 99 Electro...

There are only a few "old" champs that have a high prestige: Mordo, Phoenix, Quake, Voodoo, Ghost Rider
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Here is a rundown of terms:

Hero Rating - combined rating of all your champs without masteries, boosts or synergies. It practically means nothing.

Power Index (PI) - the rating of your individual champs with masteries, boosts and synergies. It is slightly more important than rating because of arena (for points and avoiding death squads). It can also help alliances determine your masteries at a glance.

Prestige - the most important stat. It is the rating of your top 5 champs minus masteries, boosts and synergies. This is a "hidden" stat as it is difficult to determine in-game. This stat determines points gained in AQ and is a recruitment tool for alliances. ClanHQ has a very user friendly prestige calculator albeit an absolutely awful chat system. I have it just for calculating prestige and having a list for my champs.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    This value should be displayed and apparent since so much of the game hinges on it. The fact that it is not is somewhat disingenuous on the part of kabam. The fact that champs prestiges are not visible and apparent, especially when deciding whom to level up, is a shame.

Well it can be viewed if you remove all your Masteries.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »

It should also be noted that all of the champs added in 2018 have been given higher prestige than the older champs to help make them even more desirable. My Sig 10 Redskull has the same prestige as my sig 99 Electro...

There are only a few "old" champs that have a high prestige: Mordo, Phoenix, Quake, Voodoo, Ghost Rider

Don't forget GwenPool and Thor Rags 😉