**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What are you supposed to do if you fail to one-shot Heimdal?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
So I beat him once for completion and am going through it again for exploration. I get that the strategy is to just block the special 2 right out of the gate and then bait and evade the special 1 for the rest of the fight, but what exactly are you supposed to if you screw up somewhere along the line? My second time doing the map just now, he took forever to use his special 2 and I ended up getting hit a couple times, and then just general bad play after that resulted in a death. No worries, I still have my four other guys, right? But he started the next fight with 3 persistent charges, went straight to his SP3, killed me, started the next fight with 8 charges, and so on. He starts every fight with 2 bars of power and if you can't him the first time he'll go to SP3 within a few seconds. Please spare me the cheap answers of "beat him in 1" or "get good". Is there any actual viable strategy if you screw up the first time?

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    tj7ntp4qi7fi.jpg

Take them with you.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool. I used Voodoo as well. If you can get him to Bait the L2 before he gets to L3, you're good.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Vision can power drain him before too if you have the paid one

paid one? you mean the age of Ultron one or the other one?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    In addition to those already mentioned Dormammu would work because his 2nd medium will drain power.

Mephisto should work too, soul imprisonment should be able to stop the power gain from triggering and even if it doesn’t his regen means that he can’t die from a single sp3. If it would kill, he lands on 1% health, then regens (cannot take damage during regen) and you’re good to go.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    1) Someone who can take an sp3 ie Iceman

2) Immediate power drain or lock ie Starky

3) Quit the fight as soon as it starts, Heimdall won't gain charges, he'll lose them (I think).

4) Bait sp2 fast and aggressively.

5) Mephisto stops the power gain buff.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Energy refills are cheaper than revives
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    FineDog wrote: »
    So I beat him once for completion and am going through it again for exploration. I get that the strategy is to just block the special 2 right out of the gate and then bait and evade the special 1 for the rest of the fight, but what exactly are you supposed to if you screw up somewhere along the line? My second time doing the map just now, he took forever to use his special 2 and I ended up getting hit a couple times, and then just general bad play after that resulted in a death. No worries, I still have my four other guys, right? But he started the next fight with 3 persistent charges, went straight to his SP3, killed me, started the next fight with 8 charges, and so on. He starts every fight with 2 bars of power and if you can't him the first time he'll go to SP3 within a few seconds. Please spare me the cheap answers of "beat him in 1" or "get good". Is there any actual viable strategy if you screw up the first time?

Uh if he killed u with his sp3 he'd be back to baseline the fight after. I sacrificed my SW so I could finish him (uncollected) with og vision (5/50 sig 20 but with class disadvantage) the one time I pushed ronans stun too long.

Also to add on, duped og vision with 1 power bar to start fight very useful for heimie, hydrabot and fred skull.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    If he has 3 buffs, then he'll only gain 18% power, which is not enough to push him to an sp3. Check his sig ability for how much power he gets (I think it's 6% power per buff), then calculate if it'll push him to an sp3 (if it is over 33%). If it does, then use your worst matchup or a dead champ to take the death and reduce the number. If not, go in and just bait or parry without hitting him at all, because that's probably what you did and probably how he got to an sp3.