**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Add Attacker Diversity to War

I realize this will be an unpopular idea with many, especially those that rely on blade for everything. But Kabam has mentioned multiple times how they want to make AW fights more interesting and try to get people using more of a variety in both their defense and attack strategy. If you make part of the AW score based on attacker diversity, this will encourage alliances to better plan their attackers rather than sending every blade they can. Additionally, alliances won’t have to focus their defense on counters to blade.

Comments

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    1) no
    2) except for node 29, defense is a speed bump until the boss
    3) defensive diversity plays a big enough role in wins/losses
    4) I have the trinity, and I've used them once in the past 5 wars. I scout my path and decide which attackers would be best based on the estimated defense.
    5) hell no
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Are you offering to use your 28th, 29th and 30th attacker for AW?
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Finally I can bring my kamala Khan to attack
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Dannyt90 wrote: »
    I realize this will be an unpopular idea with many, especially those that rely on blade for everything. But Kabam has mentioned multiple times how they want to make AW fights more interesting and try to get people using more of a variety in both their defense and attack strategy. If you make part of the AW score based on attacker diversity, this will encourage alliances to better plan their attackers rather than sending every blade they can. Additionally, alliances won’t have to focus their defense on counters to blade.

They don't want war to be more interesting, they want to kill you as many times as possible before you run out of the 15 allotted revives/potions - it's even acknowledged in their posts that the Nodes Are Supposed To Be Unit Generati- er, I mean Challenging.

So actually, sure, why not be rewarded for bringing in She-Hulk, She-Thor and Carnage and breaking the bank buying revives?
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Great idea! Bring your Kamala Khan, Carnage or Colussus to node 30. Aoother great choice could be your Iron Patriot.

In case it went through... that's just backwards
  • Mostu100Mostu100 Posts: 79
    It’s not just an unpopular idea, it’s a no way idea. Why on earth would you have attacker diversity??!! It’s called a war. You use your best options available. Sorry but this is not an acceptable suggestion at all
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This seems like more of a feature to add to AQ. Maybe have a special point multiplier for bringing different champs. But I don’t think it’s a good idea for war.
  • Mostu100Mostu100 Posts: 79
    @Viper1987 still a bad idea. Why should I be forced to go in AQ with bad champs ??!! Attacking in AQ and AW requires best champs per lanes or nodes. No need to force using many attackers when the target is clearing the map by all means
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Wow most of y'all are really missing the point. I agree it's not a good idea but it's not about bringing in Collosus IP Kamala Groot etc. into war, it's about not using the Holy dumb Trinity for everything. I don't nor will I ever use the Trinity it's like a cheat code 😂 i use GwenPool Luke and StarLord on war attack. Clear my path. Mini boss. And at least 50% of the boss.
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    Potential cash grab aside, this seems like a great idea.
    It would (ideally) break up the same old Attackers from plowing through everything. And it would, in a small way, make all the unused champs seem a little more useful coaxing people to either aim for particular types of champs (playstyles/ relevant masteries) or just playing what they like instead of what they feel they have to.

By doing this because someone doesn't have 3 God Tier attackers it won't mean they are dragging the team down... It could be more skill focused.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Diversity has never been an issue for Attack. In fact, it would contradict the purpose of selecting a Defense.
  • Want to make more interesting? Fix defensive synergies.

Unique synergies are very powerful and you cannot know your opponent's synergies going into attack .
    So this will make the war 10 times harder because champs will have unlockable specials ,enhanced abilities and you will have no idea about them
  • DisposablexDisposablex Posts: 57
    Blade2099 wrote: »
    Want to make more interesting? Fix defensive synergies.

Unique synergies are very powerful and you cannot know your opponent's synergies going into attack .
    So this will make the war 10 times harder because champs will have unlockable specials ,enhanced abilities and you will have no idea about them

So would make it more interesting then? Isnt that what the post was originally about?
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I think it is an interesting idea, just like defender diversity trying maximize it without losing kills is a balance and alliances could err on either side.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Absolutely worse idea ever.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    someone made the argument that war is about throwing out your best. and i completely agree. yes a lot of champs are stronger than others, so put out your best defense and attack with the best attack. and when you realise your best defense is countered by the majority of the best attack, change who you rank up to counter it. Defense diversity should be taken out mainly just to prove that skill wins, intellectual choices and larger rosters are better than random champs in defense to win.

i wanna say defensive kills should also count, but lord knows everyones against that
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This isn’t as bad of an idea is everyone making it seem. Lol.

It is kinda funny to see in a battlegroup 9/10 summoners with a blade and ghost rider.

Don’t bring attacker diversity but diversify your attack. I have like 5 attack teams I usually bring depending on my line.

Voodoo blade stark
    Voodoo blade ghost rider
    Voodoo rogue próxima
    Voodoo rogue blade
    Voodoo killmonger ghost rider
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Can’t force attacker diversity ... they need to introduce condusive environment for lagging champ ... for examle, an ant node where antman poison does 10x damage .. may be have a random advantage each week ... so like one week Kamala khan furies block all regen ... but forced diversity will suck