**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• wskyeungwskyeung Posts: 37
    As I could remember we fight dungeon last time not only for the 3 5* champs, but also for an 5* awakening stone?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Some good changes but horrible reward nerf. From potential 3 5*s in a month to 1 5* in a month and a half of play over 3 months.

Yeah it does kinda feel they swung on the other side of the pendulum regarding the rewards. But it sounds like more of an optional form of gameplay this time, as opposed to the previous iteration where you had to go hard every single day to collect as much artifacts and infinity dust as possible to obtain the 3 5* crystals and other rewards.

And I mean EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY!!! That got tiresome really quick, with the time-commitment required and other issues that plagued dungeons before. I'm really hoping this new iteration of dungeons is an improvement in general, if the rewards aren't.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited August 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    So how much artifacts can you potentially earn in the first dungeon series meaning August 20th - September 3rd?

17,510 I believe

According to my calculations you can earn 1,030 per day and if it runs for 14 days for a total of 14,420

@V1PER1987
    How are you coming up with 1,030 DA per day?

In the milestones I see that only 300 can be earned daily.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    So how much artifacts can you potentially earn in the first dungeon series meaning August 20th - September 3rd?

17,510 I believe

According to my calculations you can earn 1,030 per day and if it runs for 14 days for a total of 14,420

@V1PER1987
    How are you coming up with 1,030 DA per day?

In the milestones I see that only 300 can be earned daily.

@krauserhunt 300 is just the final milestone. You have to add up all the milestones.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    1 5 star for 6 weeks of dungeons.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Kade7175 wrote: »

Depending on where you're at in the game, that's not that far off from the status quo. Considering there's a significantly less amount of effort for Dungeons compared to other game modes for the 5*, plus the ability to narrow down the RNG a bit, that's not bad.

I’m sorry, but... I agree with the option of narrowing down the odds for a champ.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with the statement ‘significantly less amount of effort’.

The sheer time sink that they were last time makes me gamble on regular crystals over more dungeons.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »

Depending on where you're at in the game, that's not that far off from the status quo. Considering there's a significantly less amount of effort for Dungeons compared to other game modes for the 5*, plus the ability to narrow down the RNG a bit, that's not bad.

I’m sorry, but... I agree with the option of narrowing down the odds for a champ.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with the statement ‘significantly less amount of effort’.

The sheer time sink that they were last time makes me gamble on regular crystals over more dungeons.

They've made changes to it. In any case, I can rock out Dungeons alot easier than say, 100% of an EQ, or climbing Tiers in War. Relatively much easier, not to mention more interactive.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »

They've made changes to it. In any case, I can rock out Dungeons alot easier than say, 100% of an EQ, or climbing Tiers in War. Relatively much easier, not to mention more interactive.

That’s true, it is more interactive.
    That same interactivity however is what creates the timesink that it is.

When questing, I can stop any time I want. Once in a dungeon with someone, you’re in it for the whole thing. Let’s face it, 99% of people in arena don’t want to hear ‘gtg’ after one room when your champs get locked upon leaving.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think the dungeons will be pretty easy and will take relatively little time during this run of them. The milestones point requirements are just over 3k points which is like two rooms in D7. I'm expecting this to be like maybe a 10 minute or less time commitment. I would have liked to see more DA but I do think it is worth the effort seeing as you have a shot at a very select pool of champs. 10% chance for a champ are not odds that we see very often in this game, so I'll take it.
  • BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    Is it worth the time ? i don't think so.. please explain to me mike how is this going to help me progress in the game ? i use my 5* champions in the game right now and looks like i can only get 4* champions from dungeons.. i don't need 4* champions and that won't do anything for me.. so why should players like me be happy with dungeons and spend time ? please.. please don't call this improvement.. far from it :)
    i appreciate the idea
  • Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 28
    Glad that those artifact crystals give a full dupe now with 20+ Level, ISO and Gold. That was a real bummer last time when you tried to get a specific champ with the risk to bring your 5* Spider-Gwen from sig level 60 to 61 for just 27.000 artifacts...

I don't know the exact prestige cutoffs last time, but i wasn't in the highest bracket.
    For me, Dungeons were a good source for infity dust and gold ... i didn't care a lot about the artifacts. As far as i remember, i opened one 3* and one 4* and increased 4* Iron Patriots sig level.

Now (after duping 5* Star-Lord, 5* Dr Voodoo and after getting 6* Hela) i'll have the prestige for the highest bracket. What surprises me is that now i would earn less gold from the milestones.

For example, with Prestige from 3.201 - 4200 you gather 15.000 gold by doing 1.500 points (5 milestones). With prestige 4.200+ you gather 6.750 gold by collecting 1.500 points (3 milestones).

In other words, the higher prestige you have, the more rooms you have to clear in order to collect the same amount of gold.

Gold is my biggest concern in the game and it's slightly disappointing that dungeons will be a less rewarding source for gold (in relation to the time spend in dungeons) if you increase you prestige.

by the way ... will the limit for each room still be 12 minutes? loading times from end of one fight till start of the next usually take up to 40 seconds or more. while communicating with your dungeon partner and with challenging dungeon fights in harder rooms that take more than two minutes ... 12 minutes were sometimes a short amount of time ... especially with occasionally game crashes
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Are guy ready for super exhaustive time consuming Dungeons?

I don't think they will be as exhausting as you think. The top milestone in the top prestige bracket only needs 3,750 points. That is almost no work at all. I think if you run two rooms in dungeon 7 then you will have all the rewards.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Well awakening gems be available in the dungeon store?
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    Since the milestone rewards are prestige based, how will the players know beforehand what rewards they will receive? Also, if the players' prestige changes during the two weeks will the milestone rewards change?
  • Good Morning Mike,

My main concern is that you mentioned the whole time consuming aspect of the dungeons and how the refresh rate was holding up people. So what i would like to know as well as other summoners is what the refresh rate will be like for a 5 star versus a 4 star champion because we have other content doing, war, aq, arena and most importantly most of us have jobs so time is limited. Much appreciated if you could reply.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    No. The dungeons will not interest me.
    Maybe YOU think you made amazing changes from V1.
    You should test this module by playing with strangers, not with 2 people sitting next to each other deciding by voice what they should do next. At that moment you will have an accurate feeling of how the dungeons run.
  • CanekaCaneka Posts: 12
    Seeing that the crystals are prestige based, we should have a way to see our prestige in-game, just add it to our profiles 👍🏿, i dont even know how much i have...
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Honestly, dungeons weren't that bad the first time around, as long as you had a partner you could count on. OUr alliance paired up and everyone had schedule a time that worked for each other and would just get on run 5 rooms in dungeon 6 and be done. literally 30 minutes.

I will say I hate the fact that they use dungeons as a testing ground for buffs, they can see which nodes give the most problem then took that information and turned it into 3 mini bosses in season 3. to expect anything less in season 4 is crazy.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    The only thing that interested me lat time was the AG. I'll probably play them this time, but more out of morbid curiosity as last time I scored a 5* She Hulk and 5* Xbones.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    May have been answered but will these have the same silly time limit as the first time?