**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks Kabam

CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
I just wanted to acknowledge the fact that you all took the time to come up with a unique way to give back to the player base. Sure... there will be a bunch of sour toads crying for more but that just comes with the territory. Lord knows you can’t please everyone.

Regardless, I feel appreciated so I just wanted to say “Thanks!”

And before people start the trolling, I’m an end game player that has cleared all available content and have a prestige over 7000. If these “rewards” can please me, they should please a wide range of summoners.

Comments

• CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    No

Insightful. Thanks for such a riveting rebuttal.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nice idea with the compensation, poor execution.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    It’s like when the did carnage, nice idea, not enough base stats.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    CoachLed wrote: »
    I just wanted to acknowledge the fact that you all took the time to come up with a unique way to give back to the player base. Sure... there will be a bunch of sour toads crying for more but that just comes with the territory. Lord knows you can’t please everyone.

And before people start the trolling, I’m an end game player that has cleared all available content and have a prestige over 7000. If these “rewards” can please me, they should please a wide range of summoners.

I have prestige over 8.3k (not sure why that matters, but OP shared his so it must be important) ... summoner appreciation seems... ok, but in response to the month of burning phones/inability to play/countless alliance revives & pots due to phone overheating/disconnects .... seems a bit meh.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    All I would ask for in addition to what we’re getting is a word filter for forums that would allow you to hide threads with titles containing words like “compensation” and “Adaptoid”.
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    Voluntaris wrote: »

I have prestige over 8.3k (not sure why that matters, but OP shared his so it must be important) ... summoner appreciation seems... ok, but in response to the month of burning phones/inability to play/countless alliance revives & pots due to phone overheating/disconnects .... seems a bit meh.

I would hope that the Summoner Appreciation is separate from the issues we have been dealing with. I guess we'll see though.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    It a bit Nice but over all last yearr ther gav 2k 5 shard this time 1k with meant ther. Need to giv US all the rewards istand but it hav to wati and se what we get.
    Voluntaris wrote: »

I just didn’t want people to be like “you’re probably a new player so these rewards would seem nice” lol
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »

This is the guy that made one of those we deserve rank down tickets threads. Enough said, no use arguing with him.

So awesome to call that out, we can move on now.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »

This is the guy that made one of those we deserve rank down tickets threads. Enough said, no use arguing with him.

Haha got em.
  • GaanjGaanj Posts: 33
    Wish I could play AQ. Thanks Kabam. Good job.
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    I personally like the "choice of package". That is very unique and a good idea. My only issue is that XP boost, Act 4 reduction are wastes for many people. Also, potions will end up just expiring so halls are ok.....gold would be better. I'm fine with everything except for not offering halls of gold, and only doing healing. But I love the GP event, and this compensation will do just fine.
    Last years summoner appreciation event was better and the only thing they were making up for was spotty connection and too much maintenance. This issue was a lot more profound. The fact that the game overheated the phone to the point where the phone shut down within thirty minutes has done tremendous damage to everyone. I personally decided to do my first path of LOL after the July update and didn't know about the issue. By the time my phone started shutting down, it was too late to turn back. I lost 1000s of units more than necessary. Furthermore this cause numerous players lost units, BCs, and gold in lost arena time, event questing, etc. Not to mention the lost shards and rank up materials. I personally grind 2600 4* shards, 1200 5* shards, and 1200 units a week in arena. The over heating issue lasted for three-four weeks. Kabam should do the math there. And I am not even mentioning the daily quests/monthly event quest rewards that were lost due to these issues.

Also, the fact that Kabam is making us chose between questing, AW, AQ, and arena rewards is insulting considering most loyal Kabam players do everything.

I do agree that there are individual cases like yours where this package doesn’t cover all that you lost out on but Kabam can’t give everyone a huge compensation package because of a few people like yourself. They have to try to find a balance that will please the majority. Someone people will be overcompensated, some will be undercompensated. It’s just the way it is.
    Ace_03 wrote: »

qoo8p7asxhzg.jpg

That’s a good one lol
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Last years summoner appreciation event was better and the only thing they were making up for was spotty connection and too much maintenance. This issue was a lot more profound. The fact that the game overheated the phone to the point where the phone shut down within thirty minutes has done tremendous damage to everyone. I personally decided to do my first path of LOL after the July update and didn't know about the issue. By the time my phone started shutting down, it was too late to turn back. I lost 1000s of units more than necessary. Furthermore this cause numerous players lost units, BCs, and gold in lost arena time, event questing, etc. Not to mention the lost shards and rank up materials. I personally grind 2600 4* shards, 1200 5* shards, and 1200 units a week in arena. The over heating issue lasted for three-four weeks. Kabam should do the math there. And I am not even mentioning the daily quests/monthly event quest rewards that were lost due to these issues.

Also, the fact that Kabam is making us chose between questing, AW, AQ, and arena rewards is insulting considering most loyal Kabam players do everything.

I do agree that there are individual cases like yours where this package doesn’t cover all that you lost out on but Kabam can’t give everyone a huge compensation package because of a few people like yourself. They have to try to find a balance that will please the majority. Someone people will be overcompensated, some will be undercompensated. It’s just the way it is.

Yeah, actually they can. The folks who would be overcompensated don't play that game very much anyways and wouldn't impact them that much anyways.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Those would be ok as appreciation rewards(even though they are well below previous appreciation rewards lol)

If it was just that, then I would be fine and would be some what happy.

However the mods has said this is also compensation aswell. So for me it should be a lot more. A month of overheating is not something which should be brush away with this minute compensation.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Gotta give credit where credit is due. The choice of compensation package is a nice touch. Reduced energy for Act 5 along with Act 4 would've benefited a larger % of players. No cost for AQ Maps sounds great on paper, then you realize alliances who account share for Map 6 are the ones who will benefit most from this.

Overall thoughts - Kabam put more thought into this compensation situation than previous compensation situations but are still out of touch with the community.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    edited August 2018
    Double the summoner appreciation weeks rewards it will going to satisfy people who are crying...or give them fully formed 5* crystal
    Actually I agree with @Bapoi ,as I'm only remaining with 5 path of 5.4 to be an elders bane this rewards does helps..
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    A watered down version on last year's summoner appreciation month is not unique.
    A watered down version on last year's summoner appreciation month is not unique.

Last year we got to choose the package we wanted?
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    @DarthPhal it would be nice if we could also filter out posts with “RDT”.
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126

Clearly you don’t arena or AW if you feel compensated, I lost a 2-3 weeks of AW and Arena do to issues. Only content left for me is LOL and I need those units from arena to get me through. So the pittance they’re giving out is barley enough to cover 1/3weeks lost rewards.
  • GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    I'm gonna ask this one time; what's a prestige ?? How you know ? What's the measurement instrument ?