**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• Player909Player909 Posts: 50
    The appreciation is the compensation?They can do whatever they want at this point because they know most will still play. They could have come out and said, "No compensation. Its all your fault." and people would still play. They know this man...thats why this bs "appreciation" is their compensation. People will still play, people will still pay. They got you. Just accept it.

I bet they are raking it in with that 99 buck "deal" they have.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    To me, this seems to be a failure in terms of appreciation, compensation, as well as messaging. I cannot imagine that no one in the loop on this announcement didn't anticipate extremely high blowback from it. And even when you factor all emotional responses out, it seems objectively broken as well.

The simplest answer would be there is no loop
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,140 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    It seems Kabam wouldn’t mind if a portion of the player base quit. This would probably help them manage their servers better 😂

This might help the servers from going down. Cheaper than upgrading 😂
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    It seems Kabam wouldn’t mind if a portion of the player base quit. This would probably help them manage their servers better 😂

Quite honestly that's probably the plan, have all the OG's quit and have the new naive newbies take over.

Can’t say that it’s as bad as 12.0

If they weren’t here for 12.0

Someone make that meme I’m too lazy
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    The frustrating part about it to me is the sentiment that the goal of compensation is to recoup only what was lost. If I go to a restaurant and find a hair in my food the company will typically comp the meal. That much is expected. What they will often do, however, is provide something to show their gratitude for your business (a free dessert), or give you a free meal at a later date to increase their chances of showing you they are better than the product you received. In this case, Kabam is equating 1000 shards to what was lost, added in some boosts (which, as everyone has pointed out, they presumably would have done anyway at some point), and decreased some timers.

The only thing I can think of is that for all the frustration with the game people are still spending quite a bit of money. If the outrage doesn't turn into action, it really is just words. Nothing will change if people yell at Kabam while they continue to spend.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    By far @DNA3000 is literally the smartest dude I know. Not joking... the dude is on key every single post I read from him. He’s like the Ben Shapiro of MCoC
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Does anyone have a link to the actual post about what’s actually happening for compensation, I can’t find it
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    On the bright side, you could say they’re being more transparent than ever!

...In a bad way, but still.
  • SMRkaSMRka Posts: 10
    I give up that ungrateful game, kabam does not deserve the player base it has. I'm going to look for another game, does anyone recommend one?
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    I agree with you Lil Dp, we should have a negotiation
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    All day today I have seen kabam mods and admins online and they have yet to comment on the community’s dissatisfaction with the compensation and summoners “appreciation” week. It’s time to get serious, we need to move past our complaints and have a solid discussion! We as a community need to make our voices heard, and get past the childish antics! I for one feel that both the compensation and summoners “appreciation” week is very skimpy considering all the community went through within the past two months, and although the gesture of compensation is appreciated, it’s very far from being enough.

Yes, I understand kabam is the company in charge of this game, however we’re at a point where discussing “adequate” compensation within ones own company is not viable. We as a community have grown together for many years and although some of the kabam employees do play the game as well, I feel that the compensation and appreciation week should be renegotiated with the community until a consensus is reached.

I encourage others to give there input on this idea...

Yours truly
    Littlest_Deadpool

If you take a look at some of the more serious threads, you’ll see that’s been done already. Despite protestations to the contrary, there’s very limited receptiveness to ideas from the community. “Shut up, play and pay” might be a bit of stretch in describing the attitude towards Summoners, but it does substantially capture the attitude that comes across all too often.

Dr. Zola
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Just bad
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    They are showing their appreciation and paying restitution for the harms done.

Given what it is, it shows they really don't appreciate their player base that much and they don't think there were that many harms done.

I think you're half right (the first half).

Kabam doesn't have to "think" anything. If they want to, they can "know". Some affected people opened tickets, other's didn't. I'm sure they have a reasonable idea of how many actual issues each reported issue represents.

Manufacturers, if asked, could also have commented on what the consequences would have expected to have been. It's not like MCOC revenue doesn't justify the resources to getting this right.

Some transparency in the decision-making would be all that it would take to defend a proper compensation. If the rationale was found to be deficient, then they could correct it.

Well you are right, Kabam doesn't have to think anything. They don't have to consider anything, it's their game and we are graced with the ability to play when it's working close enough to how it is supposed to.

It seems more like they figured out just enough of a bone to keep enough players playing to keep going and making a profit.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Maidril wrote: »
    LOL. I wonder how much you can get refunded by Apple.

This is a joke if they think the worst summoner appreciation yet is both showing appreciation and offering compensation. I hope the youtubers and whales actually work together to drag Kabam, hurt their bottom line and get Marvel’s attention. It’s such a shame that Kabam and NetMarble are being allowed to tarnish the Marvel brand so much.

I also wonder if there’s some class actions that can be filed against this company 🤔

They usually only give back what you’ve spent the last one or two months.
  • AcfreezeguyAcfreezeguy Posts: 3
    I haven’t and won’t spend a penny on this game I’m really enjoying playing golf clash try it out 👍
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    They haven't even fixed the overheating issues yet. Thought they weren't going to consider compensation till it was fixed.

FIX THE ISSUES PLEASE! That is all I care about at this point. I want to play for more then 15 minutes at a time sometimes.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Player909 wrote: »
    The appreciation is the compensation?They can do whatever they want at this point because they know most will still play. They could have come out and said, "No compensation. Its all your fault." and people would still play. They know this man...thats why this bs "appreciation" is their compensation. People will still play, people will still pay. They got you. Just accept it.

I bet they are raking it in with that 99 buck "deal" they have.

This is really you should appreciate what they consider compensation lol
  • NiftycraNiftycra Posts: 39
    I don't understand how this is compensation at all. In the future please don't try to disguise "appreciation" and "compensation" as the same thing. They are not the same at all. It's cool as summoner appreciation - I love free goodies. But if you are saying this is compensation, it isn't really free at all - it's an apology for poor service. And if this is seriously an apology for poor service, I think you really need to work on your apologies. The assassin compensation was amazing. Why would you take such an awful step backward in the level of compensation you provide? Please Kabam, make this right.
This discussion has been closed.