**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited August 2018
    n-Game Name: Narcuul
    Device and Model: Iphone 8
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quest, Alliance Quest(most prominent), Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: Lagging while trying to open crystals, seemed to begin around 18.0, maybe 19.0 but believe it was sooner.
    Lagging during fights, control input errors during fights, frame rate drop during fights, seems to get worse the longer I play, as the phone gets warm(not hot, just warm), and the increased temperature has a negative impact on gameplay. This has been going on well over a year, and became an issue after the system change introduced in 12.0(and somehow, still exists to this day despite being repeatedly reported on this very forum by multiple people)
  • BromegaBromega Posts: 65
    IGN: Brømegå
    Device: iPhone X
    IOS: 11.4.1
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version 19.1.0
    Issue: Overheating is definitely back. Also now experiencing more lag and crashing than I have in a long time. At the moment it’s worse than prior to the last fix.
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    IGN: Fivestar100

Device: iPhone 8 (relatively new as well)

iOS: 11.4.1

WiFi or Cellular: Instances occur regardless of connection type

Game Version: 19.1

Mode: independent of mode, spontaneously occurs

Issues: Relatively similar to others’. Slight overheating personally, nothing insane, but regular intermittent connection issues (if that makes any sense); nothing seems to trigger it, but it happens all the time. Other server based apps run fine, and usually nothing is running in the background when issues arise.

Personally, I’ve had no severe visible lag during fights, yet champions randomly act unresponsive. For example, if I attempt to dash back and avoid an attack or special, I’ll often simply drop block, stand there, and get clipped, often costing entire fights.

Inputs also seem like they’re being misread; often times I’ll try to dodge back, but attack instead, as if the game read only the first part of the input and then stopped.

Animations, start and end lag, and general responsiveness just all feel off to me. I’ve had AI parry me in the middle of combos, I’ve had specials blocked or sometimes not even activate, and all sorts of other things occur.

Instances of this have DRASTICALLY increased in the past day or two. Nearly every fight I’m getting clipped because my inputs aren’t being read right, or something to that effect.

My champions also feel incredibly sluggish, taking forever to recover from specials and mediums, (I’ve actually been hit after ending a combo with a medium because, despite furiously swiping back, my character just stood there admiring their good work) this being especially apparent compared to AI, which I think again has to do with my inputs not being processed right.

Anxiously awaiting an update on things, and I do appreciate the effort you guys at kabam are making to fix this. I have criticized and will continue to criticize choices that you make that I feel don’t represent the will of the player base, or things that simply need addressing, but no dev wants this happening in their game, and it’s clear that you guys are making this a priority. Knowing just a little about programming, this has gotta be hell to deal with, and this is one instance where criticism won’t help in the slightest. So long as dealing with this stays a top priority, I’ll be grateful.
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    IGN: kelvinkage
    Device: IPhone 6s
    Both WiFi and Cellular
    Game Modes: All
    Description:
    Back to alarmingly hot overheating, unbearable lag, can’t get through more than one or two fights before the game crashes. No point in even attempting Alliance Quest or War matches at this point, they are likely to crash during the match.
  • WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84
    IGN Wzzrdd
    iOS 11.4.1
    Game version 19.1
    Both wi-fi and data
    Carrier Rogers
    After playing for about 20 mins or so phone get hot to touch and controls become sluggish and almost non responsive. It happens in all modes.
  • In-Game Name: destrovash

Device and Model: ipad 6th gen(2018)

Device OS: iOS 12.0

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game version installed: 19.1.0

Game Mode: All of the game modes

first game runs fine, after thats, overheating is less, but the game lags like hell. unplayable, probably at around 12-16 fps. impossible to play, parry, evade etc. i have emailed support, but get the same generalized response evrytime. it'd be pretty generous of you to first fix the game, then release new content because a large portion of your playerbase have to turn to android phones to play which is a joke for those who have had a taste of how the game used to play on ios. basically the main reason i bought this ipad
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    Ign-heretodie
    Device iPhone 7
    ISO-12.0
    Cell or wifi- both
    Game version 19.1.0
    Issue: failed commands to action on swipe screen, example swipe back says “dexterity” still take full damage. Lag and graphics frame rate is an issue again. No over heating and less crashing.
  • AhtopahtoAhtopahto Posts: 33
    IGN: Ahtopahto
    Device: iPhone SE
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version: 19.1
    Game mode: starts when played about 30min arenas and then continues on quests
    Issues: Heating (burning like 19.0) and severe frame rate drop in combat. Everithing is slow, getting in the fight, fight and consuming fight. Like slow-mo
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I've posted before. iPad mini 4 running Beta every thing is fully updated. Besides the heating up and lag I've mentioned earlier I've also noticed on rare occasion that if I slip up the AI will actually do 2 combos on me. I was curious if anyone has seen that happen. The pause between a combo just isn't there so the AI just keeps pounding me.
  • IGN: MoneyMERC36
    Device: iPhone X
    Cell or WiFi: Both
    Game Version: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: All
    Issue: Overheating after 15-20 minutes, Champs fighting in slowmotion once my phone begins to heat up which causes many delayed responses.
  • MFreiheitMFreiheit Posts: 15
    IGN: MFreiheit
    Device: IPhone 6s
    Both WiFi and Cellular
    Game Modes: All
    Description:
    Since Maintenance overheating occurs again. After 19.1 overheating didn’t occur anymore. But today, after weekly Maintenance my battery gets very hot, after a few fights in Event-Quests. It feels like being back on Version 19.0!
    Please tell me, that this isn‘t true.
  • TheDarkSNTheDarkSN Posts: 30
    edited August 2018
    IGN: TheDarkSN
    iPhone 7
    WiFi only
    Issue: sometimes when fighting (only in story and event quests) my champion won’t move or will do something completely different than what I told it to do (i.e. when I want to go for a dash attack my character might start blocking or dash backwards instead) also my battery drains very quickly whenever I am fighting in the game
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    edited August 2018
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

New content added Dungeons , expect your devices to fry . get the frozen pea while playing game
    Have reported and confirm that phone is still over heating , but there is no point reporting any issues

because there is no response or reply from kabam

overheating will reduces the life of your device and battery
  • RebugRebug Posts: 12
    Ign: Rebug
    Device: iphone 7
    Wifi
    Game mode: arena, story mode
    Issues: phone starts to heat up after 15 min of play. Around that time lag starts. Today however in arena the match froze during mid fight and phone restarted. First crash since 19.0.
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    IGN: Snail McGavin
    Devices: iPhone SE & iPad 4
    Device Operating System: 12.0 & 11.4
    Game Version: 19.1.0(both devices)
    Game Mode:(issues are same for both devices) delayed log in time, excessive over heating issues after 20 minute play time, consistent app crashing
  • CarstonatorCarstonator Posts: 7
    Omg this game is jacked up! iPhone 6+ cant even play the game. once I start any fight after 1/2 hits by player just stops responding totally. I have to stop and restart the game and lose half my health in process doesn’t matter where I’m at, arena, quest, alliance quest or war. Started 2 days ago and nothing g I’ve done fixes it from hard restarts to deleting app and reinstalling it!

iOS 12.6 beta
    iPhone 6plus
    edited August 2018
    Device iPhone 7

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

Game froze in arena on loading screen (after 1st fight). I switched off game chat , but received connection error while fighting in AQ and Quest . Can confirm that phone still gets hot after 30 minutes play. There is still visual bug where for milestone rewards, this seems to be getting worse each week. Champions freeze in Quest and arena, missed parrys as well.

Its crazy, you can kill the same champion in Quest in one shot. Next time you fight the same champion you die 3 times. it happens so fast , its really hard to say what happened . Alive then dead , you are not if you blinked and died

I suggest you get your network security to look at global chat , it seems like after every update some hacker can access this part of the game. Players are going to need chat for Dungeons

I really do hope you can remove the bugs added with new updates
  • TruckaceTruckace Posts: 18
    edited August 2018
    IGN: Truckace
    Device: iPhone 6s
    Cell or Wifi: Wifi, I don’t use on cellular
    Game mode: Event quest, arena
    Issues: Severe heating after 10-15minutes. Low frame rate, extreme lag and extended wait times between screens, extreme battery drain. My battery health capacity dropped from 84% to 64% ever since the overheating issues started with the 19.0 release. I’m considering a battery replacement after a permanent fix is implemented.
  • IGN: LARGE ROOSTER
    Device: iPhone 6
    Operating system: iOS 11.4.1
    Cell or WiFi: both
    Game version:19.1.0
    Issue: major overheating still in all game modes can’t even play without take serious damage in alliance war. Lagging all over the place. Starting matches with 2:30 on the clock. Done know where the other time went. My guess is the lag and connection problem.
    edited August 2018
    Device iPhone 7

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

There seems to be a problem , Game loads the main screen and try to select any menu , the screen hangs. Software is up to date game and IOS. I am not sure where to report this issue. Is this part of patch 19.1 or something new?? .

Can confirm that phone still gets hot after 30 minutes play, lag during fights , champions freeze aswell

I hope you can fix this soon as our alliance is fighting in AW
  • Ign: Bossy Builder
    Device: iphone 8
    Wifi and LTE network
    Game mode: story mode, AQ and AW
    Issues: lag typically happens right before the AI triggers a special attack. This typically causes my character to freeze, or the game to miss my controls and my character to take a special to the face.
    edited August 2018
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    Device iPhone 7

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

New content added Dungeons , expect your devices to fry . get the frozen pea while playing game
    Have reported and confirm that phone is still overheating , but there is no point reporting any issues

because there is no response or reply from kabam

overheating will reduces the life of your device and battery

I can confirm that devices still overheating and power drain is a ongoing issue

Adding new content to a unstable to software only causes more bugs.

Patch 19.1 is a failure, the overheating issue, lag during fights. Networks outages is a ongoing problem

I suppose the community should be grateful that you did take steps to recovery from point of failure.

Can you try and make this game stable or better try and fix before you add new content

Not looking forward to Patch 20.0
  • WhungWhung Posts: 36
    Device: iPad Pro
    Wifi and LTE network
    Game mode: story mode,jjc, AQ and AW
    Issues: lag typically happens right before the AI triggers a special attack. This typically causes my character to freeze, or the game to miss my controls and my character to take a special to the face.
  • YamJetYamJet Posts: 33
    In-Game Name: YamJet
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI & Cellular. AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: All modes.
    Description of the Issue: after roughly 30-40 minutes the game overheats my phone. The game starts to experience lag. If I continue to play, the lag gets severe to the point where characters will stop mid attack and freeze for several seconds before unfreezing. Have had packet loss as well, where my champ is attacking and then I somehow get hit by opponent. This is especially frustrating with AW. Earlier today had a fight where NC disappeared and then reappeared. After that he was able to hit through my block. Ultimately he KO’d my champ which I was winning hands down. Node 28 Tier 4 AW.
  • TLDUBSTLDUBS Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    IGN: TLdubs
    Device: 7 Plus
    Operating system: 11.4.1
    Cell or WiFi: doesn’t matter still affected
    Game version: most recent 19.1.0
    Game mode: as soon as I start up app it blacks out my screen regardless of 100% battery or 10% battery. I hit the home button and screen comes back up to only black out again. Game eventually starts to where I can check a few things out as far as open crystals to see game chat thread to even entering into a match but as soon as I strart to engage in a fight scene blacks out and the on and the out and then on until it’s just off. I have to hit home button on iPhone to get screen back on and then it goes out again. It really trips out after I clear out my alliance requests to the extent that I can’t leave that screen to go to any part of the game without hitting my home button to get out and back in the game screen.
This discussion has been closed.