**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shut down Alliance Wars as a game mode permanently.

Full disclosure: I’m in a Gold 1 Alliance so I’m not part of the incident that occurred recently in the Master bracket.

This game mode has brought out the absolute worst in the people that have played this game. The alleged actions today show that no matter how much the piloting is investigated there is a certain percentage of the player bad that will do anything in the REAL WORLD for the rewards in the virtual world.

Kabam, this cannot be the intended version of Alliance Wars you designed. If what happened today is to be believed, you have players violating the TOS by logging into another account while at the same time striking at the very integrity of the Alliance War results. There are too many players that buy crystals, items, and units that play the game without engaging in such heinous actions for you to continue to ignore their voices.

I suggest that you drop Alliance Wars completely from the game. The direct competition has proved poisonous to the spirit of the game. Reallocate the rewards from Alliance War to the Alliance Quest mode. The Quest Map should be the enemy and we should only be competing for points. Another alliance should zero ability to impact whether my team finishes a Map thereby manipulating the results.

Thank you for reading. I really do enjoy playing this game. I have been a huge fan of Marvel since my childhood.

Comments

• DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Basically you want them to take away aw cause the top alliances can’t play nice together. Yeah I don’t think that is gonna happen. They make way to much money off aw. Personally I think the situation today if true is hilarious. You reap what you so.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This cray
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    What happened. Not the post
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    DL864 wrote: »
    Basically you want them to take away aw cause the top alliances can’t play nice together. Yeah I don’t think that is gonna happen. They make way to much money off aw. Personally I think the situation today if true is hilarious. You reap what you so.

I want them to shut it down due to the toxicity it causes and lack integrity in the results as a consequence. I realize that it extraordinarily unlikely anything changes from this post...

I want them to shut it down due to the toxicity it causes and lack integrity in the results as a consequence. I realize that it extraordinarily unlikely anything changes from this post...

My thing is you would get this in any game mode. Aq has had some sort of piloting for years. You really can’t justify punishing everybody for a small group at the top and that’s exactly what it is. Every time one of these situations happens it seems to revolve around the same small group of ally’s
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188

My thing is you would get this in any game mode. Aq has had some sort of piloting for years. You really can’t justify punishing everybody for a small group at the top and that’s exactly what it is. Every time one of these situations happens it seems to revolve around the same small group of ally’s [/quote]

The difference between AQ and AW is that with AQ you aren’t competing directly against an another alliance. There’s no win/lose as in AW. You finish the map, you get the rewards. Another alliance can’t impact our score.

My thing is you would get this in any game mode. Aq has had some sort of piloting for years. You really can’t justify punishing everybody for a small group at the top and that’s exactly what it is. Every time one of these situations happens it seems to revolve around the same small group of ally’s

The difference between AQ and AW is that with AQ you aren’t competing directly against an another alliance. There’s no win/lose as in AW. You finish the map, you get the rewards. Another alliance can’t impact our score. [/quote]

Sure they could if the same situation happened today in aq that would effect there score
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    I looked at the forums. Seems as if there is no mention of any incidents that you could be referring to... I wonder why...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    There is pressure and bitterness at all levels. With the rewards being so game-changing there is crazy pressure for everyone to play perfectly. There is **** and finger pointing after every loss and it's just making the game enjoyable for a large number of people.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Mjolinar wrote: »
    I looked at the forums. Seems as if there is no mention of any incidents that you could be referring to... I wonder why...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/90286/alliance-wars-need-way-more-oversight-worst-thing-i-have-ever-heard-just-happened-in-game#latest
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Vale84 wrote: »

2)ONE ACCOUNT, ONE LOGIN. As much as this may sound bad, you have to limit accesses. Got a new device? mail kabam support and register it under the same ip you use. Which brings to -->

3) BAN vpns and proxies. ANY mmo enforcing competitive play and seasons have ip checks as main resource for sniffing multiloggers. Proxies are actually what make Kabam fail into finding cheaters. Pretty easy if a pilot on the other side of the world can register his access as your same Nation. Forbid them. Once for all. There's no privacy issue here. If you don't want your personal ip to show in kabam logins just don't play. To protect a minuscle community of people using proxies or vpns you're hurting the vast majority of players.

Then you don't understand how ip work... Do you ever try to check your ip when you moving around town or country?
    Or maybe you just at home and play from there?

That's not the solusion and that's why Kabam would never use IP to check if a player sharing they account or not.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Good choice. I tried and its horrible up there. Just the way they speak is disgusting. No empathy for anyone

This is why my friends and I started a new alliance this past June after finishing platinum 3 last season. The peak milestones system has been our focus, 5* sig stone crystals from alliance events is one of the only ways to increase 5* champions' sig abilities without spending $ or units when 5* sig stones are offered in the units store.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I left alliances altogether when they announced War Seasons. I don't find that game mode fun to play, and it puts too much pressure on everyone. I think the original idea was ok. But both AQ and AW require too much time from players. I am not planning on playing in alliances again because of this (I am also planning on uninstalling the game completely due to lagging and freezing).
    Riegel wrote: »

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/90286/alliance-wars-need-way-more-oversight-worst-thing-i-have-ever-heard-just-happened-in-game#latest

Sarcasm my friend
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Vuska wrote: »
    Vale84 wrote: »

2)ONE ACCOUNT, ONE LOGIN. As much as this may sound bad, you have to limit accesses. Got a new device? mail kabam support and register it under the same ip you use. Which brings to -->

3) BAN vpns and proxies. ANY mmo enforcing competitive play and seasons have ip checks as main resource for sniffing multiloggers. Proxies are actually what make Kabam fail into finding cheaters. Pretty easy if a pilot on the other side of the world can register his access as your same Nation. Forbid them. Once for all. There's no privacy issue here. If you don't want your personal ip to show in kabam logins just don't play. To protect a minuscle community of people using proxies or vpns you're hurting the vast majority of players.

Then you don't understand how ip work... Do you ever try to check your ip when you moving around town or country?
    Or maybe you just at home and play from there?

That's not the solusion and that's why Kabam would never use IP to check if a player sharing they account or not.

it still prevents anyone from another country or State, or even region to log in your stead. You may live in NY and log from multiple places (and that's why you should be device restricted), but if you log from NY twice a day and from los Angeles twice a day with the device being different then you certainly aren't the Flash.

Limiting devices to maxium 1-2 and game center/logins will make you have to register one main ip, attached to one main State, one main City.

Will it prevent all piloting? No. but it's a first HUGE reduction of the investigation area per se. It's the first basic way of making multilogging hard. And right now with vpns and proxies you can pretty much do whatever.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Sarcasm my friend

I know, Just posting for visibility so other can see that Kabam took it down pretty fast for no reason. The community needs to see.

Sarcasm my friend

I know, Just posting for visibility so other can see that Kabam took it down pretty fast for no reason. The community needs to see.

Makes sense man. Everything gets cleansed quickly
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Idk if they didn't make the difficulty of AW so obnoxious, and continue to do absolutely everything they can to increase that difficulty, people wouldn't even feel the need to pilot. If the thing wasn't a 48 hour event, people wouldn't feel the need to have someone else jump on their account. If potions and revives weren't so expensive, people would be more inclined to play on their own without piloting because they could afford to take a loss.

What do all of these things support? Kabam making money! It's a business, yes. They should make money. They don't need to do absolutely everything to savagely ensure they get money from every single possible corner of the game. Seriously all I picture is someone in front of a laptop on a golden yacht that's been "awake" for 100 hours, a nose bleed, and foam at the mouth, getting angry when players find a way to sidestep the ridiculous prices of virtual currency games.

Yes, sharing and having someone play for you is gross, but these people wouldn't even feel the need to do that if we weren't so pressured into spending and maximizing everything. Kabam literally said "it's not our intent for you to 100% the AW map" but the only way to do that is to give them money, so how is it possible that it's not the intention that's the problem?

BTW: I have no idea what went down but your post described it enough that I can assume. Also, be careful because even if it's sarcasm people hate the idea that their favorite thing in the game could disappear.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I’m down
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Bottom line is AW is ****. I remember when they did the video and how excited they were about Alliance Wars season 2 and how great it would be...Then, everyone started piloting, so many bad thugs play this game and would do anything to cheat....It's a total joke. Then, they penalize the bad alliances like F-N-? then they all just broke up and went somewhere else. Probably re-appeared with another alliance.

Now, with my alliance, we are playing all teams that finished 3-4 brackets above us because they tanked their Alliance wars score to get into our area. Such a dubious game full of sneaking cheaters..... Hence, why this game is going down.