**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is the MCOC Communities overall thoughts on Cyclops?

NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 544 ★★★
Just wondering if anyone knows of any more beneficial uses for him, worth ranking him up, etc...

Comments

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Best AW attacker 2018-certainly 2030
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    He is extremely effective.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Some people use him VERY effectively in aw. Just remember that
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Decent for an unblockable sp1 node, otherwise pretty much useless.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    he is not as bad as most make him out to be......
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    So that's where the 'cyclops is very effective in AW' thing came from?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I mean, if you're looking for a cool high combo to post on the forums, then he's ok for that too. His sp3 has 45-60 hits I think, and it doesn't do much damage, meaning you can stack them up for a really big combo.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The comment was that, among the small number that use him, they use him very effectively.
    From a data standpoint, if you were looking at Crit, he is highly effective in that.
    The comment was that, among the small number that use him, they use him very effectively.
    From a data standpoint, if you were looking at Crit, he is highly effective in that.

yirb366nm52j.jpeg

Fair enough, I just think Miike gets misquoted in it is all. Somehow it became the most effective in the game. Lol.
  • Why would you be upset that Mike was misquoted? Do you work for him???
    No, I don't. I just don't like misrepresentation of the facts.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    God tier
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I like how because a small number use him "effectively" he becomes classified as viable to Kabam. AQ isn't even that hard, the better mode to judge a champions effectiveness would be AW, because only the top attackers are brought in.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    VERY effective
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Not great and definitely not great enough to have two identical versions of the champ in the game. Even his main use for unblockable special 1 has been long surpassed in the game and is easy to evade. I would hope that when they finally get around to mutant for a beta that he is one they take a look at. Even some small changes in the monthly update like they used to do would help him. But i can guarantee if they did a data query of how many people across all ratings in this game use him on any game mode, it would show exactly just how relevant and useful he is - next to zero.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Blue Cyclops is fairly fun to play with; but both could do with a rework and better second-medium animations. That leg-drop attack animation is awful.

Their SP3 ought to have an Armour Break on par with Gwenpool's, or an Armour Shattered effect. Particularly given that his Sig is ineffective on an SP3 sure to it not inflicting Critical hits.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Decent champion by MCOC 2016 standards
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Why are we even discussing an Arena fodder champ.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Why are we even discussing an Arena fodder champ.

Because he's a great example of a fundamental problem in the game: He's one of Marvel's top champions, but (being included since the original release of MCOC), he's totally outclassed by more recent champions, to the point of being - as you rightly put it - arena fodder.

It's actually a fairly important thing to discuss; and it would be great to come to a solution for; at least a better solution than 'let's just churn out new champions that make the ones who are actually famous and draw people to the game more and more irrelevant'.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    He's okay when duped mainly due to his ability to go unblocakble after 20 hits in a combo which has some use against armor champions but other than that he's not that good or effective.

Other champions can do what he does better and more effective, not sure what kabam Mike was smoking when he said what he said about him though.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I use him very effectively in AQ now.... Granted it's map 2.... but still he is very effective :smiley:
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Blue cyclops has a usable armor break timer.
    Critical hits and even through blocks.

Everyone has one so he’s good for synergies.

Not worth ranking up past 4/5 4*
    Not worth ranking up past 1/5 5*

Just my thoughts

Thanks!

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Most effective champ in the game