**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Petrify broken?

Used doctor strange in a fight against another doctor strange in arena I have 2 points in petrify and only hit him on the stuns and we still gained power at the same rate, I also have the mastery that increases stun times by .5 sec. so based on the mastery it should decrease Dr strange’s power gain right? Compared to my strange’s power gain. Shouldn’t the power gain be different if it supposed to slow it by 20% while stunned? @Kabam Miike

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Becasse it pover gian he gian pover automatisk.
  • Yeah I know it’s automatic power gain. That’s why I’m confused because petrify mastery with 2 points in it states that all power gain and Heath gain are reduced by up too 20% so while the doctor strange I was fighting was stunned he should have a slower rate of power gain than the one I was useing during the fight. Which makes me believe that petrify is not working as it should be.
    edited August 2018
    Hmm du ther Not stay when struek to. Long time sens im hav the mastry and luck at it but im go and se. Yeah it wierd.
    It dont stay sturk but. Can be Broken but Can also be becasse it a pasive
  • @pennmabob I’m not sure 🤔. I’m just going off what the mastery says
  • I thought it was weird because I stunned him several times In the fight and it stayed the same as my strange’s power gain. Idk though if it’s because it’s a passive or not. I think it should still be affected though.
  • Petrify only works when you hit the opposing character while they are stunned. Dr. Strange's power gain is passive and has no tie-in to being hit, so petrify does nothing to his power gain. It may not specifically say it in the mastery description, but that's how it has always been and is intended.
  • @stat he was stunned for a long time during the fight. Due to parry and the other mastery that increased that time by .5 percent. It’s never stated that Dr strange’s passive can’t be affected by masteries. Which makes me believe that this is not working as it should. Based off what the mastery is though it should slow his power gain when he is stunned. Just like it “does” with other champions in the game.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Killzone_J wrote: »
    @stat he was stunned for a long time during the fight. Due to parry and the other mastery that increased that time by .5 percent. It’s never stated that Dr strange’s passive can’t be affected by masteries. Which makes me believe that this is not working as it should. Based off what the mastery is though it should slow his power gain when he is stunned. Just like it “does” with other champions in the game.

theres a lot of things not specified in this game. But the explanation for this probably goes hand in hand as to why a +50% power gain node in AW doesn't affect him either. I don't know for sure, but I would guess this mastery wouldn't affect any power gained by Dr s, or power gain through the buff by hyperion or mordo. For hyperion or mordo, it would only affect power gained through you hitting them.
  • @Primmer79 so it’s just a wasted mastery to have then. Since those are the only champions you can really test the mastery to see if it works. I’d be better off putting the points elsewhere.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Killzone_J wrote: »
    @Primmer79 so it’s just a wasted mastery to have then. Since those are the only champions you can really test the mastery to see if it works. I’d be better off putting the points elsewhere.

I wouldn't say wasted. but its not as effective as you think. Consider some other champions. If you need to reach sp1 before they reach sp1 in order to power lock them or something of the like. Normally (as far as I know) If you are hitting them without this mastery, they will always reach sp1 before you do, or sp2 before you reach sp2. This mastery would let you get to your special before they do, theoretically. It would also help a ton for nodes that give +100% power gain, or someone with md, to let you get more hits in before you have to bait specials.

that all being said, I don't use the mastery all that much, and if I do, its only 1 point. Usually.