**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please don’t add dungeons

Don’t get me wrong, I loved dungeons. They were different, fun, and a great way to find people for recruiting. All that being said, there is no way this game can support it currently. I want to see this game continue for years to come, and new features are needs to keep people interested, but there are too many issues that need to be addressed first.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    They have supposedly changed the dungeons this time around to be more friendly towards everyone. I'm crossing my fingers that they are going to be better this time. But we shall see...
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Yeah I agree. I like my dungeons sleased
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Unless you have inside information, you’re making assumptions about the game’s downtime reasons and how dungeons or anything else impact performance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's not going to help. Personally, I enjoy Dungeons. Also, adding less content isn't going to resolve server issues.
    edited August 2018
    That's not going to help. Personally, I enjoy Dungeons. Also, adding less content isn't going to resolve server issues.

But wouldn’t bringing in more content just open the door for more server issues? Personally, I think they should resolve all issues before bringing in dungeon

Not really, no. There's a common misconception that more content means more problems. While that may be a logical possibility in that it's more things to potentially go wrong, there are many different factors that go into a server crash. It could be any number of factors, not the content itself. A server is capacitated to handle large amounts of information. Most commonly, it's either an error on the side of Partners that provide the service, or sometimes it can be conflicts in programming. In any event, if the servers are going to go kaput, Dungeons won't make a difference.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Don’t get me wrong, I loved dungeons. They were different, fun, and a great way to find people for recruiting. All that being said, there is no way this game can support it currently. I want to see this game continue for years to come, and new features are needs to keep people interested, but there are too many issues that need to be addressed first.

It's not new content that makes the servers crash. The code for dungeons already exists in the game. So not sure why you think adding them in would cause more issues.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★

But wouldn’t bringing in more content just open the door for more server issues? Personally, I think they should resolve all issues before bringing in dungeon

Not really, no. There's a common misconception that more content means more problems. While that may be a logical possibility in that it's more things to potentially go wrong, there are many different factors that go into a server crash. It could be any number of factors, not the content itself. A server is capacitated to handle large amounts of information. Most commonly, it's either an error on the side of Partners that provide the service, or sometimes it can be conflicts in programming. In any event, if the servers are going to go kaput, Dungeons won't make a difference.

More activity can bring the server down. Dungeons is not enabled right now, so it is very logical to think enabling them would increase the chances of a server crash.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    more game down time = more compensation......bring on the dungeons!

More activity can bring the server down. Dungeons is not enabled right now, so it is very logical to think enabling them would increase the chances of a server crash.

No more than Seasons or Arenas, or any other game mode. There are a certain number of Players that play, give or take people new or quitting. They can't run more than one mode at the same time. Meaning at once, not consecutively. The whole idea that they shouldn't add new content and focus on issues is really not logical. One won't help the other.

How is that a case? If people don't like Dungeons, they don't have to play them. Other people do enjoy them. That's not a reason to refrain from adding them. It's simple, really. Don't do them, and let other people have fun.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Dungeons is a lot of fun and different than the repetitive monthly content. I honestly hope they make it permanent but this isn’t a good time for them.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Personally I don't mind the dungeons, but with the current state of the game, I would refrain from adding live features.
    Well, aside from a few server outages and some lag, there's not much else going on that could really be accounted for that. They've resolved the heating issue for some, but not for others it seems. The game was pretty much postponed and shifted last month, but things have to move on. We can't shut everything down. There are many still that are playing.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

How is that a case? If people don't like Dungeons, they don't have to play them. Other people do enjoy them. That's not a reason to refrain from adding them. It's simple, really. Don't do them, and let other people have fun.

Did you just dismiss the opinion of 20% of the community? 😮
    DarthPhal wrote: »

Funny. I said a Poll on what Features should be removed, if any, is not cause to remove Dungeons. A Poll is not a Petition, and it's a subjective one. If people don't enjoy it, that doesn't mean it has to be removed for others who do.
    I'm not disputing people not liking it, or trying to prove them wrong. I see what you did there, though.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

I hope you’re joking...that’s not even a percent of the community
    edited August 2018
    Dropfaith wrote: »

If people dont like hard content like adaptiod dont do it.
    And let other people.have fun..

Hmmmm

Not at all the same scenario. Dungeons aren't a part of the Monthly EQ. They're optional side-content. People depend on the EQ each month for progression. It's required to complete 100% for full Rewards, and there are Difficulties. Those Difficulties denote the general range of challenge they entail, and everyone within that range is required to deal with the same challenge set forth.
    Dungeons are entirely optional, and when you're talking about people not liking them, it stands to reason that they don't have to do them, rather than remove them completely. Furthermore, it's not the same situation at all. I'm not jumping on people trying to disprove their opinion with my own point of view. I'm not even debating that people don't want them. I'm saying others do. Matter of fact, I wasn't petitioning for anything with Hydraptoid. I expressed my opinion and had to deal with people challenging it repeatedly.
    That is not what this discussion is about, but it never ceases to amaze me that the details don't matter to people when they try to imply some type of hypocrisy. If you're going to incinuate that, at least have the facts straight.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Dungeons are extremely unlikely to generate a materially larger amount of activity that could cause server instability.

But it is a different kind of activity and without knowledge of the implementation that could be significant. For one thing, it is a lot more coordinated activity than even most alliance events because you have multiple people on the same map constantly moving which is something that doesn't really happen as frequently or as consistently in AQ or AW. Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't, but I wouldn't rule it out without more information, especially when other synchronization code like alliance help has been the culprit of lots of other weird problems.
    Fair enough. I'm keeping an open mind. One of the issues I had last Round was addressed in the changes, not being able to back out abd hanging. Another was movement latency, but I suppose a certain amount is to be expected. I don't really have sufficient evidence to connect Dungeons to overall server crashes though.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Funny. I said a Poll on what Features should be removed, if any, is not cause to remove Dungeons. A Poll is not a Petition, and it's a subjective one. If people don't enjoy it, that doesn't mean it has to be removed for others who do.
    I'm not disputing people not liking it, or trying to prove them wrong. I see what you did there, though.

I was just messing with you, man. I still hope you conquer the evil robot.

Personally I find the dungeons about as appealing as a butterknife lobotomy and I’m definitely skipping them.

I was just messing with you, man. I still hope you conquer the evil robot.

Personally I find the dungeons about as appealing as a butterknife lobotomy and I’m definitely skipping them.

I have a strategy, I'm just dealing with the lag. I'm going to try it on my new phone when I get a case and some tempered glass. Much faster. I still feel the same way about it, though. That won't change. Lol. ;)

If people dont like hard content like adaptiod dont do it.
    And let other people.have fun..

Hmmmm

Not at all the same scenario. Dungeons aren't a part of the Monthly EQ. They're optional side-content. People depend on the EQ each month for progression. It's required to complete 100% for full Rewards, and there are Difficulties. Those Difficulties denote the general range of challenge they entail, and everyone within that range is required to deal with the same challenge set forth.
    Dungeons are entirely optional, and when you're talking about people not liking them, it stands to reason that they don't have to do them, rather than remove them completely. Furthermore, it's not the same situation at all. I'm not jumping on people trying to disprove their opinion with my own point of view. I'm not even debating that people don't want them. I'm saying others do. Matter of fact, I wasn't petitioning for anything with Hydraptoid. I expressed my opinion and had to deal with people challenging it repeatedly.
    That is not what this discussion is about, but it never ceases to amaze me that the details don't matter to people when they try to imply some type of hypocrisy. If you're going to incinuate that, at least have the facts straight.

Everything in the game is optional..

Yes. We don't have to do anything but die and pay Taxes. Lol. Not my point, but I'd rather stick to the Topic. ;)
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Not saying I told you so but...

We all knew this would be the case. Everyone knew, except Kabam.