**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• How about making a fricking beta testing thread if that's what you want to talk about ffs
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Player644 wrote: »
    Please do not let trolls derail this thread we don't want another deletion

If they were going to delete the thread it would have happened by now. They’re letting the tantrum run its course here.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Player644 wrote: »
    How about making a fricking beta testing thread if that's what you want to talk about ffs

As the title of the thread is "Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion" I find your complaint to contain an unnecessarily excessive amount of irony.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I wonder how much these issues have impacted the “whales” and the “dolphins” (you know the people who spend a good amount but aren’t quite whales)? I don’t know if many of them were really impacted by this issue. If they weren’t I’m sure this compensation is a non issue for them.

Then there are the players at all levels that weren’t impacted by the overheating issues at all because they were on Android phones (although some Android users were impacted) so to them it is free stuff. So they are probably satisfied too.

If that is the case, then it would seem like this compensation is geared more toward newer players and maybe some low to mid mid-level players. The people who haven’t been playing this game as long and would be more than satisfied with this and therefore they will keep spending.

Which means the rest of us are probably a minority in all this. So I have no real hope in anything changing with this.

I’m not asking for the world. What I want for compensation probably wouldn’t make everyone happy. But I’d like to at least get 2 of the gift packages.

These issues aren’t fixed and are still ongoing. My phone still overheats enough that I can’t grind the arena. I’m still having my commands not register properly so I’m constantly getting creamed in AW and AQ. So honestly getting all gift bundles would be closer to what many of us lost out on and are still losing out on. It wouldn’t even have to be 1 lump sum. It could be spread out and given once a week.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    @DNA3000 I agree completely. I feel like they got a George W Bush “Mission Accomplished” thing going on here. 😂
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    These issues aren’t fixed and are still ongoing.

The presumption was that no compensation would be discussed until Kabam felt the issue was resolved. Their statements about a part of Summoner Appreciation Week being compensation implies that they believe the issue to be resolved. However, I honestly haven't seen the overheat issues eliminated on my phone. The fix reduced them, but haven't substantively eliminated them. I'm not sure if that's because the level of heating I'm experiencing is considered within the range of normal, or because the level of heating I'm experiencing is considered an edge case among all players.

I'm still surprised a bit by the fact that Kabam hasn't really very specifically articulated what the compensation is for, except in generalities. They promoted the idea that compensation should be specific to the problem, but haven't actually spelled out what, specifically, they feel are the problems that their compensation "gift" is intended to address. That significantly undermines their prior statements about how targeted and specific compensation is supposed to be.

By being vague it leaves a window of opportunity for them to attempt to make restitution if they see in the data playing significantly slowed down and spending decreased. Then they can say later oh wait.. that was for the game outage here is a set of items from when there was some IOS issues
  • DMAN232DMAN232 Posts: 26
    Still nothing yet, need a response or even some answers from kabam

They will not respond as you cannot defend the indefensible

There is no way they can put a positive spin on this - the community is outraged and they don't care

They hope it will go away - well it will along with a large portion of the playing community....
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Last Year we had "Summoner appreciation MONTH" where they took a whole month to appreciate us.....

This is a step down
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    @Mninobody I think we all know who truly shot Cyrus. Kabam just likes doing things like that.
This discussion has been closed.