**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Synergy Question...What's the Difference?

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
"All Champions gain +Y% Attack"
vs.
"+X% Attack Rating at the start of the fight"

What's the difference between these two?

The first is the synergy that happens whenever the Nemesis or Infinity Enemies synergy is activated, giving an attack boost to everyone on the team.

The second one comes works when Corvus has Wolverine, X-23, or Storm on the team (the mutant benefits from this unique synergy) or it happens when Medusa, Black Bolt, and Karnak are on a team together.

I realize the first one can be stacked while the other can't and I know that the first applies to everyone while the second applies to very specific champs. My question surrounds the "at the start of the fight" specification. The wording seems very specific, so I'm guessing there's a reason. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    "All Champions gain +Y% Attack"
    vs.
    "+X% Attack Rating at the start of the fight"

What's the difference between these two?

The first is the synergy that happens whenever the Nemesis or Infinity Enemies synergy is activated, giving an attack boost to everyone on the team.

The second one comes works when Corvus has Wolverine, X-23, or Storm on the team (the mutant benefits from this unique synergy) or it happens when Medusa, Black Bolt, and Karnak are on a team together.

I realize the first one can be stacked while the other can't and I know that the first applies to everyone while the second applies to very specific champs. My question surrounds the "at the start of the fight" specification. The wording seems very specific, so I'm guessing there's a reason. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?

For the 2nd one- You can't see the increase until the start of the fight where as with the first, you can see the increase in the attack at the pre-fight screen.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    The difference between those two synergyes is that the second one will not increase LoL enrage timer, because is something that you get after the battle starts and not something you have before it starts
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    The difference between those two synergyes is that the second one will not increase LoL enrage timer, because is something that you get after the battle starts and not something you have before it starts

That makes sense. I knew there had to be a reason and this seems logical.

Thanks!
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I believe the first one is increased by a percentage of the champs actual attack power, whereas the second is increased at a flat rate.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I believe the first one is increased by a percentage of the champs actual attack power, whereas the second is increased at a flat rate.

I know for sure this isn't it. I think @will-o-wisp nailed it.