**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Any opinions on R4 5* Captain America IW. Would you rank him to this level?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
Just want to get some opinions out there if he's worth it?

Comments

• hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    I would, but then again im a fan lol...
    have a 5* science awakening waiting get him
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Yes.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    yes he is amazing. I have a 4* at R3 and i take him against harder content. some many great things, can take a lot of damage, sp2 is real strong, takes off "unstoppable", sp1 bleed, fast smooth game play and the highest block proficiency in the game.
    He was hands down my choice for my first 5/50 science champ. If you can do his L2 right, you will shut down opponents. I've done over 6k damage from a HEAVY attack
    This is from a heavy attack with kinetic charges active:

y6dn320ezqqx.png
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's definitely a good champ, hits very hard and has utility. To be honest though I haven't figured out where to use him compared to other champs. If all I want is big damage there's Sparks and Starlord. There's other utility champs like void who really shine. Caps ability to shut down unstoppable can't be overlooked though.
    I haven't ranked my 5* up yet but ask yourself what you want him for and if he'll help the most. He will be amazing for monthly quests but for my path in war he isn't my best option. He'll be great for AQ. My suggestion is to wait a week and think about those things and continue to learn him. Either way you have an awesome champ. Congrats.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    edited June 2018
    He is amazing. Damage is insane and has a counter for basically every champ. I have him af R4 and he will probably be my second R5 at the end of this season.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    1dda7jgyb6c4.png
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Have him as a 5 at R4. Great champ. For all the reasons above and than some. Such as reverse heal ability (not as good as Void, but still), shrugging off debuffs (skill Synergy) et cetera. Not super easy to play, but I rather like that myself. I agree with @DaMunk : some champs do some things Cap IW can do better. Like Spark for damage and Void for reverse heal. But for me, Cap IW is useful in many scenarios, particularly since I don’t have the champs that do stuff better. Greatest asset is his S2 with six charges after a partial heavy.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    Have him as a 5 at R4. Great champ. For all the reasons above and than some. Such as reverse heal ability (not as good as Void, but still), shrugging off debuffs (skill Synergy) et cetera. Not super easy to play, but I rather like that myself. I agree with @DaMunk : some champs do some things Cap IW can do better. Like Spark for damage and Void for reverse heal. But for me, Cap IW is useful in many scenarios, particularly since I don’t have the champs that do stuff better. Greatest asset is his S2 with six charges after a partial heavy.

I thought he could only have 5 maximum
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Def if duped
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Can he handle LoL X-23? I don't have a Void, was considering trying that path with him.
  • CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    Check out my YouTube channel CiqMCOC. I have a few vids on Cap iw. Footage of my maxed 4* but also my friends 6* r2 Cap iw
  • QchpoQchpo Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    @Hulk_77
    Yes, that is possible to do. But, you gonna need a Captain America (IW) with a very high Signature Ability, that way you’ll be able to inflict “petrify debuff ” easier (or at least more consistently).
    aqqsh9mffnjg.png
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Definitely if he's duped
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    He has a lot of potential as a boss killer for Medusa at sig 200 he is practically immune to debuffs with a skill in team, so you won’t get stunned by autoblock
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Depends on sig level. I’ve had one at 3/45 sig 40 since he was released and I can’t seem to pull the trigger for 4/55 and I can’t see myself doing it in the future either. He’s not bad by any means but he just doesn’t have enough of the right kind of utility to warrant 4/55 for me. Void seems like a better option to me over CAIW but that’s purely opinion.
  • Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    Damn i can't wait till i can dupe my cap , i already have him as a 5* r4
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I have him at 4/55 and that dude carries a ton of weight for me, even unduped. You can play him so many different ways, it's ridiculous