**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game down Aug. 22 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Should, but they won't. Much better to let the servers crash, lol.
  • Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    Is it still down?
  • Ady72Ady72 Posts: 43
    Summoner appreciation LMFAO
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    1 fight left in gwenpool :#:#
  • Woz22Woz22 Posts: 57
    its back on
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    I hate down time, but at the same time I must give Kabam credit for creating a fun game with amazing graphics and combat mechanics, and a wide variety of fighting styles and abilities that interact with those of team members and opponents. This is a cool game that works 99.99 percent of the time, from what I can tell, and Kabam certainly stresses over these moments more than anyone.

I see people claim they will quit the game or whatever, but the only reason we get upset is because we want to play this frankly awesome game all the time. Sure, Kabam could just stick to a few games and never innovate or add anything, and we'd trade some stability for less to do, and possible getting bored with the same contests each week.

Let's all take a moment to chill out about these things.
  • What?! You didn't see that coming?!
    😏
  • Can I have a redo of my 5* that I was in the middle of opening when maintenance kicked in?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    As usual the game has yet another outage after they add new content and give us a chance to get something good probably can't handle the strain of everything.

Its most likely not the new content as there hasn't been any new content released. It more than likely has little to do with the actual game causing the issue.
    Think of it like playing a game on the PC. If you are in the middle of a game and your internet goes out, its not the game, its the internet provider.

Are you really saying it's all of our internet providers causing this, on the same thread Kabam merged and confirmed the game was down on their end? Like, really?

Also, I guess dungeons stops being classified as "new" two days in apparently...or everyone trying to do week 4 of gwenpool. Yeah, the dungeons being historically bad for the outages is just a total coincidence. lol.

Are you aware Kabam doesnt own the servers? Thats my reference. The game files for the "new content" I.e week 4 have been in the game since the last release. What I'm saying, the server side issue probably has little to do with the game if its the server. Its a connection issue so I'm willing to bet thats the case. Just like your internet at home. If an outage happens in your neighborhood while you are playing a game, its not the game. Again, Kabam doesn't own the servers the game is run on.
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    edited August 2018
    Just in case anyone wonders how emergency maintenance sounds in Italian. B)
    Now go check your connection Kabam...

nsbr61a3p3fl.png
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    I'm no sever expert, but how difficult is it to maintain and operate a high traffic server? Any server experts here who can answer?

I work for an IT outsourcing company, over 100000 employees, we can do this no problem. We run banks and other high profile clients. More you spend the better quality service you get (e.g. disaster recovery plans, cloud solutions etc) but given this is a mobile game, it could be a software issue.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    If it was in the spinner you got a 5 star and it's in your roster
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    As usual the game has yet another outage after they add new content and give us a chance to get something good probably can't handle the strain of everything.

Its most likely not the new content as there hasn't been any new content released. It more than likely has little to do with the actual game causing the issue.
    Think of it like playing a game on the PC. If you are in the middle of a game and your internet goes out, its not the game, its the internet provider.

No new content besides 5 mapsx5 difficulties, 5 new crystals, and a new round of dungeons complete with their own difficulties and prizes? Plus everyone on the game trying to squeeze in at the same time? You're probably right, it's probably just like the internet.

Its already in the game files that you updated with at the beginning of the month. "New" implies updated released content. Nothing was updated nor released.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    Games back up... not sure if it’s stable though
  • 51ST_SQUAD51ST_SQUAD Posts: 15
    edited August 2018
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    If it was in the spinner you got a 5 star and it's in your roster

Found it. I’d still like a redo though
  • Ady72Ady72 Posts: 43
    Is it ever stable?
  • Woz22Woz22 Posts: 57
    week 4 started on Gwen Pool that's why it went down
  • This game has unlimited potential but I swear it seems like they are intentionally sabotaging it 🙄
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Zigmort_ wrote: »
    There will be massive compensation from our generous benefactors, you will each receive one duel credit and a 1* champ

This is legitimately what this game is like!

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Even under the best circumstances, it's typically as stable as Charles Manson....

but thanks for the notice!
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    I still cant log in. RIDICULOUS.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Im in dungeons with 5 stars at rank 4 then you guys decide it is time for a maintenance? What on earth is your problem. Did I not give you enough of my money, is that it?
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    So if it's whoever they are paying to host them, I would go with a better company. Or, if it's something wrong with the code and the game itself, they should fix it. Either should happen, or both. Whatever. I don't really care, I just know it's not on OUR end as players, it's not OUR connection, this is an ongoing and game breaking issue Kabam should have addressed when dungeons ended the last time - and it's very telling that we all called it happening again. So, whats a good analogy for that to use in this neighborhood scenario?
  • KoreamKoream Posts: 6
    I can’t go onto the game because it says failed to connect to network like come on it’s been saying this for like 2 months for no reason how do I fix this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Are you really saying it's all of our internet providers causing this, on the same thread Kabam merged and confirmed the game was down on their end? Like, really?

Also, I guess dungeons stops being classified as "new" two days in apparently...or everyone trying to do week 4 of gwenpool. Yeah, the dungeons being historically bad for the outages is just a total coincidence. lol.

Are you aware Kabam doesnt own the servers? Thats my reference. The game files for the "new content" I.e week 4 have been in the game since the last release. What I'm saying, the server side issue probably has little to do with the game if its the server. Its a connection issue so I'm willing to bet thats the case. Just like your internet at home. If an outage happens in your neighborhood while you are playing a game, its not the game. Again, Kabam doesn't own the servers the game is run on.

Some components of the game are hosted or cloud based, but some components are almost certainly systems that Kabam has responsibility for operating. It is possible that this is a hosted infrastructure issue, but it is equally likely to me this is an actual game issue, especially as this is the second unexpected downtime since Dungeons were released. Also, just for the record, content can cause downtime even if the content files have been in the game for a long time, if the problem involves something that requires the content to be live and active. Parts of the game code that normally don't do anything could become active only when certain content is actually live, and that can cause problems.,
This discussion has been closed.