**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Who is most worthy of an awakening gem?

UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
edited July 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Who is most worthy of an awakening gem? 51 votes

Iceman
41%
Lagmelongtimethetaman23Platinumreach4Mr_PlatypusHulk_77bhuv9191Shynight00TheLazyKingAEG93RockandrollinaDMwhitaker23trey92008VartoxIl_JooOViruxTheMageHuntersanjaySpartacus29LalalandNexotitan 21 votes
Ghost Rider
7%
NoobeeusMrMrESpeedbumpLuismarquez131 4 votes
Scarlet Witch
50%
Bigdrail93Spidey076GunzoAlfa_PigeonDLegendFuzzylumpsdRaghu7Aakashsfu_koraxTorgoNudhoMukeshthegamerzuffygadgetfanaticTonyStarkadqqedfyvrSpiritNormanBJJThawnimKromestonecsexton00 26 votes

Comments

• UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
    Please let me know why. I have one generic gem left
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Scarlet Witch
    The basic thing I need an iceman for is that ice armour, but SW is basically mehhh till duped so I would go for her...
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I don't have Iceman, so I can't speak for him. GR is more worth it than SW, imo.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    iceman can stop evader when duped, i know that he can use special unduped to do that but right off bat is still way better. Ghost rider make the whole placing judgment easier and SW well she is good when "HIGHLY" duped, like sig over 40
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    The reason you want GR to be awakened isn't just to make the judgments easier, but to make them last longer. Each time you use one, the next one increases in length. It's fairly easy to get the regen as the 4th judgement, and it will last a long time that way. If you need to regen more than that, you make it the fifth. And the diversity of those judgments makes him useful in any fight.
  • KLee_Plu5KLee_Plu5 Posts: 34
    edited July 2017
    Oh man, @UMad8ro3 it really depends on where you're at in the game and what you need, because ALL THREE of them benefit greatly from an awakening gem.

It also depends on how many sig stones you have.

Iceman's sig is amazing, allows him to start every fight with Coldsnap active, rendering any champ with evade useless in addition to that damage over time. That coldsnap allows you to build to an S1, and S1 activates Coldsnap again, letting you keep it on your opponent forever basically.

GR's sig is amazing too because it adds an extra judgment, making all the other judgments last longer and therefore more effective. Each judgment is fixed and reliable and consistent for you to use whenever you need a specific one at a specific time.

SW's sig nullifies almost anything in her path, but it's only brought to her full potential if you put a lot of sig stones in her, increasing her % chance at nullifying. Iceman and GR, on the other hand, you can just awaken them and leave them at lvl 1 if you don't have many sig stones and still be okay. Personally SW is OP in getting rid of bitchy abilities from your opponent but she's not consistent like GR or Iceman can be.

Again, it depends on which one you need more at the moment. Personally, I run GR in AQ and I'm trying to get a 5* Iceman to run on AW offense, since I already have a 4* Iceman on AW defense. SW is fading out a bit for me.

In the end, I think Iceman and GR are worth the generic more than SW, but that's ONLY based on MY current needs. Idk where YOU are in the game right now and idk what you're planning on using these three champs for at the moment.

I hope this helps!
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Iceman
    SW will carry you through act 4 and stuff but after that she becomes incredibly unreliable. Have mine at 4/40 sig99 and she definitely gets less ability triggers than pre 12.0 sig79 SW (which had the same 85% chance to activate) and for that reason I am not fond of her at all anymore.
  • AEG93AEG93 Posts: 69
    Iceman
    SW signature needs really high level to truly work. GR is a really good option, but I prefer Iceman. Once awakened you can hit NC, Spideys from the beginning of the fight, and do some unavoidable damage from the beginning too.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Iceman
    ICEMAN for sure, Scarlet needs a ton of gems to be usefull when dupe!
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Scarlet Witch
    Scarlet if you have some sig stones. Iceman if you want some good AW defense
  • Breynolds11Breynolds11 Posts: 40
    Scarlet Witch
    Scarlet Witch has walked me through chapter 5.1 with relative ease. She's still very good for questing imo. If you've already cleared past 5.1, she probably isnt nevessary for you though. I'd go with Ghost rider if you need someone for AQ and iceman if you need either offense or defense for AW, hes great for both
  • UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
    Thanks guys. Great feedback. Thinking of going Iceman since I also have Hyperion and GR and he synergizes with both of them. I've completed and explored Act 4 but have only finished the first section of Act 5 chapter 1. Would SW be better for Act 5 or Iceman?
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Iceman doesn't need it as much as SW needs it.