**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Explain me the Algo Kabam

When I woke up in the morning the final chapter for Gwenpool arena was out and people were opening crystals like crazy. 70% of my alliance members got IP as 2*s 3*s 4*s and 5s*. Explain me the algorithm kabam uses for those dissapointment crystals. You say cinematic crystal has 4% chance for 4* hero but trust me that is like 60% chance to get an IP. Same is the issue with legendr, 5* and 4* hero crystals. We don't really deserve to be treated like this for our efforts. Please do something about that and stop pissing your users off.

wc98tl0j3ls4.png

Comments

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Notice the time stamps being hours and minutes apart? Seems like it is blind unluck in this case. I have seen feeds with multiple pulls with the same champ. Realize the crystal has 20 champs... 5% per champ (not including if there is a range of 3-5* or 2-4*). The chances are higher than usual that people will pull the same champ (especially over hours of game play). If there were seconds between the pulls, it would be a little more suspect of an issue.
  • Saket_123Saket_123 Posts: 139
    Out of 30 Members, almost everyone got either a 4* or 5* IP which is suspicious enough for me. Even I opened 2 cinematic crystals Just now and got a 2* IP and 3* Thor. Look at those mass openings of 2* crystals from the arena on youtube. Maximum champ found was IP.

Notice the time stamps being hours and minutes apart? Seems like it is blind unluck in this case. I have seen feeds with multiple pulls with the same champ. Realize the crystal has 20 champs... 5% per champ (not including if there is a range of 3-5* or 2-4*). The chances are higher than usual that people will pull the same champ (especially over hours of game play). If there were seconds between the pulls, it would be a little more suspect of an issue.

• NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    If you really think that the code has pure random selection and each champion has equal chances to be obtained from a crystal... clearly you still believe in Santa also. :)
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I don't know about that, but I duped my 5* star lord as my 6th 5 star.
    Yeah, 2 outta six were star lords..
    And I'm still waiting for a 3,4, or 5* IP
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i got 5* iron patriot and 2 times 4* starlord
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Haven't seen one in our feed. If that was the case, everyone would get IP. What you have is coincidental.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    edited August 2018
    My past five 5* pulls in order:

Iron Man
    Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Iron Patriot
    Iron Man

No way the RNG is equal chances for everything. The chances of this are infinitesimal if what they say is true. Until they release the exact formula / code, I won't believe them. I'd feel this way even if the pulls were good. The odds of this happening are far from random no matter who you place in the slots.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Any string of 5 champs have the exact same infinitesimally small chance of happening, be they IM,IM,IM,IM,IM or Blade, Sparky, GR, Iceman, AA
  • ghostgigi2ghostgigi2 Posts: 37
    the algorithm is not equal for everyone, if you spend money in the game you will have more luck (there is plenty of evidence) otherwise it is not possible.
    I opened 3 crystals 5 * = 3 gambit in a row
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    ghostgigi2 wrote: »
    the algorithm is not equal for everyone, if you spend money in the game you will have more luck (there is plenty of evidence) otherwise it is not possible.

There's is zero evidence of this unless you would like to enlighten me and show it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

#fakenews #tinfoilhatsociety please stop spreading rummors like this.
    edited August 2018
    if you are engineers you can understand, otherwise I advise you to go to do programming classes and take a look at the source code. @Demonzfyre @TwmR

ps: I do not care about the champion, i'm an End Game Player
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    if you are engineers you can understand, otherwise I advise you to go to do programming classes and take a look at the source code. @Demonzfyre @TwmR

You are 100% wrong
  • Manumission18Manumission18 Posts: 32
    Ha ha I got 5* Yondu 4* IMIW and 5* hela and finally a duped 4* Original thor
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

I don't need to be an engineer or go to programming classes to know there is not evidence to back up your claims.

I've never spent a penny on this game yet as 5* I have
    Duped voodoo
    Void (awakened with gem)
    Hyperion
    Quake
    Iceman
    MS
    Hulk rag
    Duped hela
    Duped AA
    Luke cage
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Got 3 Yondus 4*, 4*, 5*
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

You are 100% wrong

I really don;t know if he's wrong or not. You either for that matter. We KNOW, for a FACT it is possible. Is it true?
    You and the rest of us will never know!
  • I got 5 star wasp and 4 star starlord
    @TwmR

i'm no saying yo have to spend, but there is another chance (plenty of videos in russian) may be they a hacker :smile:

anyway, Good Luck for all
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    djr17 wrote: »
    Any string of 5 champs have the exact same infinitesimally small chance of happening, be they IM,IM,IM,IM,IM or Blade, Sparky, GR, Iceman, AA

How do you figure?

"EVENTS IN SUCCESSION

The probability that independent events will happen in succession, is the PRODUCT of those events.

For example, while the probability that one toss of a coin will turn up heads, is 1/2 (or one chance out of two) --the probability that two tosses of a coin will produce two heads in a row, is 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/4 ...or one chance out of 4.

Taking the example further, the probability that three tosses of the coin will produce three heads in a row, is the product of those three independent events, or 1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8 ...or one chance out of eight.

Applying this principle to the shuffled deck of 52 cards, the probability of drawing the Ace of Spades two times in a row,
    is 1/52 X 1/52 = 1/2704 ...or one chance out of 2704"

So say there are 100 champs in the basic pool. (I don't know how many there are, I think it's more?) The chances of me drawing IM or IP on any given pull would be 2/100, which reduced to 1/50. To do that 5 times in a row = 1/50 * 1/50 * 1/50 * 1/50 *1/50 = 0.00000032%. Either I'm exceptionally lucky / unlucky (I don't care what you want to call it) or the odds are not truly what have been stated.

If you think my math is wrong, please provide an example of how.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    The chances of winning the lottery are small, yet someone seems to win it 🤔
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    You have a 50% chance of surviving a 40 foot fall, yet a man has fallen 18,000 feet and only sustained a sprained leg. Anything is possible
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello all,

To clarify, unless otherwise stated, you are not more or less likely to get any certain Champion in a Crystal. For example, if you open a 4-Star Hero Crystal, every Champion has the exact same odds of dropping, and if you open a PHC, you have the exact same chance to get any of the Champions contained within.

There are not different Drop Rates for different Champions in Crystals, unless we specifically state it. Hope that helps clear up the confusion!
This discussion has been closed.