**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• NastyJ74NastyJ74 Posts: 26
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Honcho222 wrote: »
    I'm just looking forward to 2019's summoner appreciation day....

Its gonna be huge!

If the downtime and inadequate compensation carries on at this pace I expect the game to be down the whole of January and to get a duel credit in May.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    30 minute timers?

Perfect! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra this guys has a brilliant idea! Maybe you guys should change our energy timers to 30 minutes instead of 6. That would be a great way to compensate... I mean appreciate us.

Comppreciate*
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    30 minute timers?

Perfect! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra this guys has a brilliant idea! Maybe you guys should change our energy timers to 30 minutes instead of 6. That would be a great way to compensate... I mean appreciate us.

Comppreciate*

Ah yes... that's right. We have a whole new term for Kabam's method of compensation/appreciation combo pack.
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    I feel bracketed rewards is the way to go, prestige based to be specific. Some people will be just under the cutoff, but that cannot be helped. We never can be compensated fully but atleast kabam can rise above the bare minimum.

What would be the highest tier in your opinion? Prestige wise, the actual numerical cutoff?

I would think that you would want a bracket that was a pretty high cutoff... perhaps 6500-7000 prestige or higher. Some of the top tier players missed out on quite a lot.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I feel bracketed rewards is the way to go, prestige based to be specific. Some people will be just under the cutoff, but that cannot be helped. We never can be compensated fully but atleast kabam can rise above the bare minimum.

My only problem with prestige cutoffs is you could have a skilled player who’s doing content with lower champs getting less rewards then someone with top champs but is **** at the game

What would be the highest tier in your opinion? Prestige wise, the actual numerical cutoff?

I would think that you would want a bracket that was a pretty high cutoff... perhaps 6500-7000 prestige or higher. Some of the top tier players missed out on quite a lot.

6500 would be good, 7,000 would be ideal for the highest tier of players
    Like I said above prestige is a bad way to calculate because god tier champs like star lord are low prestige I think it’d be better to base it off total base hero rating
    Kobster84 wrote: »

My only problem with prestige cutoffs is you could have a skilled player who’s doing content with lower champs getting less rewards then someone with top champs but is **** at the game

There are a few issues with prestige cutoffs as there always have been, but it has to be better than the way that kabam is doing it now. I mean... They are giving lvl 5 players the same compreciation as lvl 60 players... It just doesn't make any sense.
    edited August 2018

Like I said above prestige is a bad way to calculate because god tier champs like star lord are low prestige I think it’d be better to base it off total base hero rating

Base hero rating is actually worse in my mind... Base hero rating is much more inflatable then your prestige. Many players sell their champs for shards and so their rating is much lower than it should be. Basing off prestige gives you a much better idea because it is completely based on what champs a summoner has deemed worthy of ranking. There are obviously some flaws with the system as you mentioned, but prestige is much harder to inflate or deflate artificially then your total hero rating.

Base hero rating is actually worse in my mind... Base hero rating is much more inflatable then your prestige. Many players sell their champs for shards and so their rating is much lower than it should be. Basing off of prestige gives you a much better idea because it is completely based on what champs a summoner has deemed worthy of ranking. There are obviously some flaws with the system as you mentioned, but prestige is much harder to inflate or deflate artificially then your total hero rating.
    Maybe base it off what content you’ve beaten so it could be separated into 4 categories
    Below act 3 /beaten act 3
    Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

Base hero rating is actually worse in my mind... Base hero rating is much more inflatable then your prestige. Many players sell their champs for shards and so their rating is much lower than it should be. Basing off of prestige gives you a much better idea because it is completely based on what champs a summoner has deemed worthy of ranking. There are obviously some flaws with the system as you mentioned, but prestige is much harder to inflate or deflate artificially then your total hero rating.
    Maybe base it off what content you’ve beaten so it could be separated into 4 categories
    Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

That is also a good idea. Definitely something that Kabam should consider.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Base hero rating isn't a correct measure because you can't punish someone for not ranking champs just because those champs may be useless to a person.

As for prestige being a bad measure, I don't think that anyone in tier 1-3 of aw doesn't not have a r5 5*. It's been long enough for everyone to have 2 at this point, one from act v and one from uncollected, so there is no point in saying that people may not have done act v cause there is monthly quests. So the top 6500+ becomes one bracket.

Then there is the point of people doing harder content with lower rated champs, uncollected is a good measure of that, I would assume that after you are uncollected you would focus on getting r4 5*s and would atleast have 5 r5 4*? 4000 should be a decent enough cutoff for the second bracket.

Now I don't know what comprises the prestige range of lowered tiered players but I'm sure kabam has range figured out with recent dungeons inclusion.

Completely agree, people who sell champs and have lower rating, but have strong champs ranked up, people who have high rating but maybe not the best champs, prestige is the best way to even things out. You can't go into everyone's account and then analyze the quality of the account.

For a game this big, you have to go with quantity over quality unfortunately, what other way can we do it? By level? By accomplishments?

I have members in my alliance who have better champs, rating and prestige, but have yet to 100% act 5, haven't done LOL at all. While I have done both, they haven't because they like to take it slow, enjoy the game, so if we said 100% LOL and 100% act 5 you get the best package, that would infuriate the community.

Whether you like it, or you don't like it, learn to accept it.

It's the best way to go about it.

That's a fair point about Act 5 and LOL. I know there are players in my alliance that haven't finished Act 5 because they are so busy with monthly content. I on the other hand skipped some monthly content to finish Act 5.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

Problem with this is that not everyone likes to do story quests, maybe people want to take it slow, so they focus on event quests instead, which is a regular supply of rewards each month instead of one huge chunk at the start and end of the story.

Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

Problem with this is that not everyone likes to do story quests, maybe people want to take it slow, so they focus on event quests instead, which is a regular supply of rewards each month instead of one huge chunk at the start and end of the story.

Fair point. No matter what angle you look at it there are always some flaws to every method. I personally think prestige is the most fair method for creating a bracket system.
  • It seems the only summoners who got an appreciation gift aligned to scale of issues were those who were able to get refunds for all their July 4th purchases (or more).. they ultimately got quite the package for free.
    guys What time do we get the compensation package
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

Fair point. No matter what angle you look at it there are always some flaws to every method. I personally think prestige is the most fair method for creating a bracket system.

Yeah prestige is definitely the way to go. I have just over 7200 prestige and only just over 520k base rating and could have around 800k but don't like ranking all these 3 stars and 4 stars. I got screwed last time it was based on rating by being just like 10k under the cutoff
    guys What time do we get the compensation package

Hopefully never... Until they change their package I am not interested in accepting it. Tomorrow is the scheduled release of "Compreciation Week" But hopefully Kabam makes the right choice to hold off going forward with it.
    Appleisgod wrote: »

Beaten act 4
    Uncollected
    Elders bane

Yeah prestige is definitely the way to go. I have just over 7200 prestige and only just over 520k base rating and could have around 800k but don't like ranking all these 3 stars and 4 stars. I got screwed last time it was based on rating by being just like 10k under the cutoff

Last time when they did the rating system I missed the 5* awakening gem by less than 1k rating... I was a bit salty because the only reason I hadn't ranked my champs was because I was saving my gold.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    What if instead of prestige cutoffs you just scaled directly with prestige? Like a multiplier for how many shards you get? Then you could do other items based on other numbers (quest completion, level, etc) and cover a larger portion of players in a more balanced way, without having a major drop off where player miss by “this much” l l...
    Celebration time... We hit 50k views and 900 comments! Will this make any difference in the end? Probably not...
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Celebration time... We hit 50k views and 900 comments! Will this make any difference in the end? Probably not...

Well we are 14k views higher then the forum rules post... So no
This discussion has been closed.