**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Seasons are hurting the game more than anything

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
My constructive advice is to change AW Seasons, or remove them, because it is bring toxicity of an indescribable magnitude to the game. there hasn't been a fair season yet.

It was a good try, but when you allow 30 people to play at different times, on different devices, in different locations, then anything and everything scummy can happen.

You can take away the top 3 bonus rewards and that would go a long way. Lets face it the top 5 in AW don't spend much on potions, they only spend on boosts. You wont lose much income from removing top 3 rewards.

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    No thank you!!
    AW seasons is fine as it is, there's rampant cheating, but there's fair competition as well. This does not affect 99% of the alliances out there. Whoever wants to engage in cheating should be punished instead of taking the whole system down.

It's much more prevalent than you think then. As I said flattening the rewards for the top 20 will go a long way. As long as top 3 get a bonus cheating will happen on a larger scale.

Nope, sorry dude, but the Top 3 deserve the rewards (as long as Kabam can weed out the cheaters). As for cheating, Kabam is taking some action, just not enough against the Top 3, which I can understand is pissing off other top alliances, but that's other thing, I dont believe that all those top alliance dont cheat a bit.

Yes, but they can't police it enough that's the issue. Every time they do people find a new way around it.
  • It either needs to be policed properly or the incentive to cheat should be removed (tip of the hat, muta)... Which would mean reducing/flattening the rewards at the top.

I'd prefer proper policing bc I really do like competition. But true mcoc competition isn't what we have. We have "see who can cheat better and not get caught".

Hell, I'm even ok with creating a super-duper-really-awesome-alliances-only pay-to-enter bracket... Let em pay a monthly fee, increase all rewards tenfold, let em take their shenanigans there and do what they want... Just keep them separate from the rest of us in all brackets and events.
    It's much more prevalent than you think then. As I said flattening the rewards for the top 20 will go a long way. As long as top 3 get a bonus cheating will happen on a larger scale.

Or they could invest appropriate resources to identify and penalize TOS violations. Many players would be grateful if TOS violations were to be extended to players that account share in arena and alliances that account share in Alliance Quest.

We also need to know who in an alliance is cheating. Cheaters should be dealt with I don't understand protecting the cheaters identity. How does that help anyone?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    My constructive advice is to change AW Seasons, or remove them, because it is bring toxicity of an indescribable magnitude to the game. there hasn't been a fair season yet.

It was a good try, but when you allow 30 people to play at different times, on different devices, in different locations, then anything and everything scummy can happen.

You can take away the top 3 bonus rewards and that would go a long way. Lets face it the top 5 in AW don't spend much on potions, they only spend on boosts. You wont lose much income from removing top 3 rewards.

My constructive advice is that there's a reason why cyber security is a multi billion dollar industry, in that there'll always be someone trying to beat the system, no matter the reason.
    People will try to get away with what they can get away with, no matter the stakes. The only times and reason others suddenly care is when they're percieved to have been affected, or are in a 7th ranked alliance and have the gall to ask for same rewards as 1st ranked, but hey, you don't know till you try.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Should be top10 at maximum that get the same rewards, not more. Some alliances between rank 10-20 die like 50 times in a war, they don't deserve the same rewards one bit.

Agree with removing the bonus top 1-3 rewards though
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Our alli didnt even try this season. The rewards v effort arent worth it. Plus all the cheating **** everywhere. But aq has been a good replacement for us
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85

Or they could invest appropriate resources to identify and penalize TOS violations. Many players would be grateful if TOS violations were to be extended to players that account share in arena and alliances that account share in Alliance Quest.

That's there income bud, only a fool will do something to hurt his own profit
    edited August 2018

My constructive advice is that there's a reason why cyber security is a multi billion dollar industry, in that there'll always be someone trying to beat the system, no matter the reason.
    People will try to get away with what they can get away with, no matter the stakes. The only times and reason others suddenly care is when they're percieved to have been affected, or are in a 7th ranked alliance and have the gall to ask for same rewards as 1st ranked, but hey, you don't know till you try.

I'm not asking for anything. I never said my idea was the best idea (it wasn't even my idea. It was muta's) . What I do what is to start a discussion and try to work together to find the best solution. Make all the assumptions you want :joy:
    I see a thread was removed from forum a few minutes ago that we all were talking about,that's why I don't post such things on forum but reddit
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    If OP's alliance was top 3 this season this post would not exist.. if they were in Platinum 1 OP would ask for the same rewards for top50. Just play the game, and let kabam figure out who is cheating and who is playing fairly, we've seen last season they are capable of penalising some of the top alliances. There is only one alliance that will never be punished for cheating, other than them.. let the top alliances battle it out for top 3 or else whats the point in trying to win every war if everyone gets the same rewards?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    cheaters gonna cheat regardless. piloting is one thing. but the other cheaters use mods to get units, gold, resources and/or just blow through attackers with no damage - this impacts all avenues of the game, although AW probably the most if those cheaters help the battling ally win. AW isn't the problem though, cheaters are. No sense getting rid of part of the game in an effort to stop people from cheating.
    ill_ wrote: »
    If OP's alliance was top 3 this season this post would not exist.. if they were in Platinum 1 OP would ask for the same rewards for top50. Just play the game, and let kabam figure out who is cheating and who is playing fairly, we've seen last season they are capable of penalising some of the top alliances. There is only one alliance that will never be punished for cheating, other than them.. let the top alliances battle it out for top 3 or else whats the point in trying to win every war if everyone gets the same rewards?

1) That's factually incorrect.
    2) That's also factually incorrect.
    3) Kabam needs help policing as they've already said, so staying silent helps nothing. By the way those alliance that were punished were due to me talking. You're welcome.
    4) The end of your paragraph makes no sense. Everyone still wants the best rewards.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited August 2018
    I agree, these posts popping up right before every season ends and all the hullabaloo and consipiracy theories is getting over-board.

Maybe you have a personal interest in this, maybe not, maybe Muta has, maybe not but reducing rewards in not the answer. No one will even try to be top 3 then.

I will agree, everyone knows that a alliance will not be punished, why? Because they are the one that fill kabam pocket to run the game
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60

3) Kabam needs help policing as they've already said, so staying silent helps nothing. By the way those alliance that were punished were due to me talking. You're welcome.
    4) The end of your paragraph makes no sense. Everyone still wants the best rewards.

some top 20 "master" alliances die 50+ times, while others die 10 or less times... do you truly think it's fair for all 20 alliances to get the same rewards? Just submit a ticket when you think someone is cheating and let them investigate it, or make a post with facts and maybe something will be done. It's like giving the top 20 alliances in AQ the same rewards, it makes no sense. We should be asking for a new AQ season with t5b included, shift the focus away from war.. you can't cheat in AQ, lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm not supportive of removing Seasons just because people are acting shady. I support dealing with those people.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    No thank you!!
    AW seasons is fine as it is, there's rampant cheating, but there's fair competition as well. This does not affect 99% of the alliances out there. Whoever wants to engage in cheating should be punished instead of taking the whole system down.

Nope, sorry dude, but the Top 3 deserve the rewards (as long as Kabam can weed out the cheaters). As for cheating, Kabam is taking some action, just not enough against the Top 3, which I can understand is pissing off other top alliances, but that's other thing, I dont believe that all those top alliance dont cheat a bit.

Nope, sorry dude but we haven't had a legit playing top 3 yet. remove your head from the sand.
    I agree, these posts popping up right before every season ends and all the hullabaloo and consipiracy theories is getting over-board.

Maybe you have a personal interest in this, maybe not, maybe Muta has, maybe not but reducing rewards in not the answer. No one will even try to be top 3 then.

If you play the game at all you have a personal interest in this.
    ezmoney wrote: »
    No thank you!!

Nope, sorry dude but we haven't had a legit playing top 3 yet. remove your head from the sand.

Which i what I said, all top alliances cheat. Read Carefully.

If you play the game at all you have a personal interest in this.

No , I do not. I will , in no way benefit from this thread.
    I have not spent any money to have a binding interest in this game.

"Interest" word means a little different in this context, it doesn't mean liking the game.
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    No thank you!!

"Rampant cheating" is the exact opposite of "fair competition".
    No thank you!!

"Rampant cheating" is the exact opposite of "fair competition".

and they can both exist in the same universe.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Ho hum, another season coming to an end and another “constructive” thread from Rigel that is self serving.

You’re in 7th and have an outside shot of getting top 3 of course you’re complaining you clown.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

some top 20 "master" alliances die 50+ times, while others die 10 or less times... do you truly think it's fair for all 20 alliances to get the same rewards? Just submit a ticket when you think someone is cheating and let them investigate it, or make a post with facts and maybe something will be done. It's like giving the top 20 alliances in AQ the same rewards, it makes no sense. We should be asking for a new AQ season with t5b included, shift the focus away from war.. you can't cheat in AQ, lol.

T5B in AQ would cause account sharing in AQ to skyrocket. Plenty of Map 6 exclusive alliances already account share every AQ cycle, we don’t need prestige wars to come back full force on top of AW Seasons.