**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 5 - Kingpin's Conclave: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Manumission18Manumission18 Posts: 32
    Hey All!

We've just announced the end of Dormammu's Dominion, and the beginning of Kingpin's Conclave!

Here’s a quick look at all of the changes that we’ve made with Season 5, with LOTS more details in the Announcement post:

- We now have different Maps for different Battlegroups! Battlegroup Map choice allows different Battlegroups to play different Alliance Quest Maps, so Alliances with different types of players can still enjoy Alliance Quests together!
    - Alliance Leadership can now select the number of Battlegroups they wish to play at the start of each Alliance Quest Day.
    - Each Map now has a cost per Battlegroup instead of a total cost for 3 Battlegroups to incentivize different Map choices for different Battlegroups!
    - Randomized enemies in certain sections keep things fresh from week-to-week.
    - Some all-new encounters across all Maps will shake things up alongside an all new boss: Kingpin!
    - A new difficulty scaling system raises the ceiling on difficulty for the most powerful Alliances in the Contest, but will also yield more points to coincide with the addition of new Peak Milestones!
    - New Season 5 Map Crystals offer increased rewards for Summoner efforts!
    - More Tier 2 Alpha availability in Ranked rewards will help Summoners to Rank Up their top Champions more quickly!

If you want to dive deeper in to the deets, find them right here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/91153/alliance-quest-season-5-kingpins-conclave/

So by adding kingpin as a boss all debuf aren't gonna be effective as he converts debuffs into rage... At least dormamu can be counted with armour break and such
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Lots of good changes and it's great to see in-depth details, but I must say I'm disappointed. The one major change myself and many other players were hoping to see in the next season of AQ was a reduction in the amount of time it takes to complete a day of AQ from start to finish, especially for maps 5 and 6. This issue has been brought up consistently along with tons of great suggestions about how to solve it and yet the entire subject is absent from the update post. Can you please give us some insights into why the time and waiting aspects of AQ haven't been changed, updated, or mentioned? I know in the past you've said that you are happy with the balance between energy timers, linked nodes, and completion times but there are many good arguments why this is no longer the case.

The game has seen massive content growth in the time since AQ was introduced. There is so much more that players can do and have on their plates including event quests, special quests, arena, and AW. As such AQ no longer needs to fill the role of being the primary login motivator with 20+ hour completion times. I would love to see the main challenge of AQ shift away from time and scheduling to instead focus more heavily on teamwork and player skill.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Infantry wrote: »
    Nice we basically get a boss that's stun immune might as well get rid of parry!

Hes not stun immune. He will consume debuffs but not all. Also he can be very susceptible to AAR. Also his L1 and general animations are easy to evade.

He will have a node that prevents AAR.

Only if you run Map 6! In which case, SL is still 100% viable, and if you've done LOL, you definitely have your intercepting practice in!

@Viper1987 she is correct. Map 6 will have that node but map 5 and below will not.

Edit: I take that back. Map 1-5 will have AAR prevention but you can use DOT champs. Blade will pick him apart.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Lots of good changes and it's great to see in-depth details, but I must say I'm disappointed. The one major change myself and many other players were hoping to see in the next season of AQ was a reduction in the amount of time it takes to complete a day of AQ from start to finish, especially for maps 5 and 6. This issue has been brought up consistently along with tons of great suggestions about how to solve it and yet the entire subject is absent from the update post. Can you please give us some insights into why the time and waiting aspects of AQ haven't been changed, updated, or mentioned? I know in the past you've said that you are happy with the balance between energy timers, linked nodes, and completion times but there are many good arguments why this is no longer the case.

The game has seen massive content growth in the time since AQ was introduced. There is so much more that players can do and have on their plates including event quests, special quests, arena, and AW. As such AQ no longer needs to fill the role of being the primary login motivator with 20+ hour completion times. I would love to see the main challenge of AQ shift away from time and scheduling to instead focus more heavily on teamwork and player skill.

If they did move the timers down to 30 minutes, they'd also (likely) have to massively increase the size of the maps themselves.

Right now, with 30 minute timers in an active alliance, it's possible to clear Map 5 in 11-13 hours, give or take. I've done it many times with my alliance when we have those timers. That's not the intent, or the design of the map. Without 30 minute timers, on a good week, you can clear Map 5 in about, eh, 19-22 hours depending on timezones. That's a balanced design.

Obviously not speaking for Kabam here, but they've commented on the past a variety of reasons, but I think the most simple one is that it doesn't make sense with the existing design of the map. You're not supposed to be able to complete it in 11-13 hours. And if you're struggling to complete it in 24 - you might not be ready for it yet.

I won't comment on Map 6, not having run it enough times to know this stuff off the top of my head.
    Hey All!

We've just announced the end of Dormammu's Dominion, and the beginning of Kingpin's Conclave!

Here’s a quick look at all of the changes that we’ve made with Season 5, with LOTS more details in the Announcement post:

- We now have different Maps for different Battlegroups! Battlegroup Map choice allows different Battlegroups to play different Alliance Quest Maps, so Alliances with different types of players can still enjoy Alliance Quests together!
    - Alliance Leadership can now select the number of Battlegroups they wish to play at the start of each Alliance Quest Day.
    - Each Map now has a cost per Battlegroup instead of a total cost for 3 Battlegroups to incentivize different Map choices for different Battlegroups!
    - Randomized enemies in certain sections keep things fresh from week-to-week.
    - Some all-new encounters across all Maps will shake things up alongside an all new boss: Kingpin!
    - A new difficulty scaling system raises the ceiling on difficulty for the most powerful Alliances in the Contest, but will also yield more points to coincide with the addition of new Peak Milestones!
    - New Season 5 Map Crystals offer increased rewards for Summoner efforts!
    - More Tier 2 Alpha availability in Ranked rewards will help Summoners to Rank Up their top Champions more quickly!

If you want to dive deeper in to the deets, find them right here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/91153/alliance-quest-season-5-kingpins-conclave/

So by adding kingpin as a boss all debuf aren't gonna be effective as he converts debuffs into rage... At least dormamu can be counted with armour break and such

While this is true, Kingpin has plenty of counters to use. Its Also not a 100% conversion either. Maps 1-5 feel free to use DOT champs as much as you want. Map 6, you will want to use high damage output champions more often. He will be trickier on map 6 but still very doable battle.
    This is one area i asked a few questions on because i was concerned about the DOT node but once i learned it was only map 6, it made more sense.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    FactorQ wrote: »
    How will gold/BC from completion rewards be awarded? Currently for map 5 it is 19500 gold for three BGs of exploration. If we run two BGs of map 5, does this mean we'll get 13000 gold(6500 per BG), or will it be similar to the costs in that it'll be 25% + 50% of 19500 = 14625 gold?

I think take the rewards you get for map 5 and divide by 3. Its a good question. I dont think any of us asked that question. It was more about the crystals lol.

I think this is a great one to add to the FAQ, in hindsight, since we did forget to ask it. :)

Actually, the completion/conqueror/exploration daily rewards were discussed, but I'm not sure if an explicit FAQ question was proposed because it might have been considered implicit in the first FAQ question. It didn't occur to me to ask whether the rewards would be split in three, because I believe they actually already are: the game lists rewards per battlegroup, not for the entire alliance, because it must do so: it is possible not every BG actually is successful at earning them.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    "

Buff 1: Force of Will:The Defender's Ability Accuracy cannot be affected by the Attacker.

another creative way to "nerf" Blade without nerfing him and deal with another wave of Rank Down Tickets requests.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    The ability to run different maps in individual groups is a great idea. My only concern is that it may be to much stress on an otherwise sketchy sever network. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this works out.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

If they did move the timers down to 30 minutes, they'd also (likely) have to massively increase the size of the maps themselves.

Right now, with 30 minute timers in an active alliance, it's possible to clear Map 5 in 11-13 hours, give or take. I've done it many times with my alliance when we have those timers. That's not the intent, or the design of the map. Without 30 minute timers, on a good week, you can clear Map 5 in about, eh, 19-22 hours depending on timezones. That's a balanced design.

Obviously not speaking for Kabam here, but they've commented on the past a variety of reasons, but I think the most simple one is that it doesn't make sense with the existing design of the map. You're not supposed to be able to complete it in 11-13 hours. And if you're struggling to complete it in 24 - you might not be ready for it yet.

I won't comment on Map 6, not having run it enough times to know this stuff off the top of my head.

Eh I think saying people who have trouble completing map 5 in the time you quoted aren’t ready for map 5 is quite presumptuous. People have lives and work and things come up. In a perfect world everyone doing map 5 could finish in 19 hours like you quoted. But I wouldn’t say 19-22 hours for completion is “balanced” on a 24 hour cycle. There’s no reason why kabam needs to force people, whether they take the whole time period or finish perfectly at 19 hours, in champ locked content for 5 days long while war runs at the same time. They want to offer flexibility with being able to choose different maps for each group, having even 45 minute timers and not changing the map would still give people more time in between to run game content. Right now it doesn’t feel very balanced at all, and that’s not even mentioning when the game is down and people aren’t able to play when they are free - the entire reason kabam keeps gifting us with the shortened timers in the first place.

@Demonzfyre much of that was your opinion so we can agree to disagree, but I definitely never said the sentinels were hard, just annoying and not fun to fight over and over with the same move set.

And @Kabam Miike thank you for at least responding to my post, whether I agree with your answer or not or believe it. I do hope you all find the time to answer as in-depth and quickly on the Summoner Appreciation post as you did on this thread. Some of these changes are great and I will happily admit that, but my concerns for the stability of the game right now outweigh my excitement for this to start - and the last change we had for AQ with peak milestones was a horrible week long struggle to get basic answers from moderators on what we needed to do. If this is going to be rolled out as planned a few weeks from now, PLEASE have the necessary staff and support to answer questions if it does turn into a mess and start with issues. That would really be awesome.
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    "

Buff 1: Force of Will:The Defender's Ability Accuracy cannot be affected by the Attacker.

another creative way to "nerf" Blade without nerfing him and deal with another wave of Rank Down Tickets requests.

How about another way of challenging players instead of steamrolling content?
    @Nick_Caine_32 I actually asked about them during beta. I asked if they were staying and proposed they replace them sooner or later. I agree they are easy but clunky. I made the point they are unpopular with the player base and also stated most will take issue with them being in there. Since AQ5 was pretty much finished and would require rework to change them now, they havent ruled out replacing them later on.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    "

Why is it specifically a blade nerf? why isn’t it an elektra nerf, or archangel nerf? Or quake nerf? Or voodoo nerf? Black widow, crossbones, Falcon, gwenpool, civil warrior, massacre, domino, task master, Hood or gambit nerf?

Stop crying Blade nerf because he’s immune to one of the things Blade does. By your flawed logic, a bleed Immune node is a blade nerf too.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    "

Blade still gets an attack boost with GR and even more with SS. Anything else to complain about?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I suck at fighting kingpin lol
    @Nick_Caine_32 also to make a point about mod comments on the thread, they have allowed those who participated in the beta feedback to announce that we participated. I was one of those. I can't/wont out anyone else unless ive seen 100% that they have announced themselves but we can help answer some questions as well. Keep in mind, we were not decision makers on the content but were allowed a early look at AQ5 and provided feedback that the devs took back to the team.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

Actually Kabam has already made a move that signals they care about how much time players spend in their game or overlapping content: They don't run Dungeons during first two weeks in month as players are more focused on monthly event quest.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @Nick_Caine_32 also to make a point about mod comments on the thread, they have allowed those who participated in the beta feedback to announce that we participated. I was one of those. I can't/wont out anyone else unless ive seen 100% that they have announced themselves but we can help answer some questions as well. Keep in mind, we were not decision makers on the content but were allowed a early look at AQ5 and provided feedback that the devs took back to the team.

Just out of interest, how much would you say the initial update presented to you testers changed as a result of feedback? I’m curious. Did it look very different?
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited August 2018

There is no reason to lower timers and then increase the size of the map. That would mean Kabam disagrees that it takes too long to complete AQ and thus they wouldn't make the change to begin with. Changing timers is one of many solutions they could use but to lower completion time it would of course have to be without an increase in the size of the map. The whole idea here is to change the mindset of how long should it take to complete AQ with the current evolved state of the game. If we can't get past this idea of Kabam being so rigid with it's designs then nothing will ever change.
    Right now, with 30 minute timers in an active alliance, it's possible to clear Map 5 in 11-13 hours, give or take. I've done it many times with my alliance when we have those timers. That's not the intent, or the design of the map.

Which is why I'm arguing that their intent and design needs to shift. I think a lot of the time people get stuck on this idea that the rules of AQ are set in stone because of how long it's been a certain way. However they could achieve it, whether it's lower timers, an increased energy cap, less paths, or something else entirely, I think a 10-12 hour completion time is much more acceptable.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

There is no reason to lower timers and then increase the size of the map. That would mean Kabam disagrees that it takes too long to complete AQ and thus they wouldn't make the change to begin with. Changing timers is one of many solutions they could use but to lower completion time it would of course have to be without an increase in the size of the map. The whole idea here is to change the mindset of how long should it take to complete AQ with the current evolved state of the game. If we can't get past this idea of Kabam being so rigid with it's designs then nothing will ever change.
    Right now, with 30 minute timers in an active alliance, it's possible to clear Map 5 in 11-13 hours, give or take. I've done it many times with my alliance when we have those timers. That's not the intent, or the design of the map.

Which is why I'm arguing that their intent and design needs to shift. I think a lot of the time people get stuck on this idea that the rules of AQ are set in stone because of how long it's been a certain way. However they could achieve it, whether it's lower timers, an increased energy cap, less paths, or something else entirely, I think a 10-12 hour completion time is much more acceptable.

You said all of this PERFECTLY and so much better than I could have. Everything else in the game has changed and they’re openly admitting to trying to balance timing issues, like someone else said with the dungeons coming in the last 2 weeks of the month to give time for event quest. AQ and war run constantly with a small window between cycles...if a group because of their build and time zones can’t fjnish it perfectly at 19 hours and have time to spare, their champs get no release time in between maps. If the AQ week ends and it’s hopefully on days or the weekend when they are free, they would then be able to use those champs for event quest content. Kabam has been adding content like gwenpool and boss rush and riffs and assassin assignments on top of normal event quests as well. The arguments for keeping the exact same map energy requirements with one hour timers and NO CHANGE POSSIBLE to either gets a bit more silly as the years go on. I’ve been here for over 3 years in this game and it’s growing at a content release and availability rate that doesn’t justify keeping AQ locked like that. Great arguments there.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    edited August 2018

Are Sentinels still around?
    Yes. Our goal with Sentinels is for them to get to a point where, like the Adaptoids, they are “rest fights”. You’ll still be playing, but they won’t be nearly as much of a challenge as other Enemies on the Map.

Who else still feels like Sentinels are some of the hardest fights on the map and most of the regular enemies are the breather fights? I pick my champs and paths entirely on which sentinels I'm going to have to fight, and could care less about the regular enemies.

Just out of interest, how much would you say the initial update presented to you testers changed as a result of feedback? I’m curious. Did it look very different?

I'd have to check on this question for you.

In all honesty we offered a lot for them to think about for the future, as well as gave them some notes on Display stuff. I think it would be safe to say that for the most part, not much had to be changed, but we gave them a lot of insight for the future, and helped a lot with how to explain this all to the community that would break the big changes down more than in some past announcements.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Early access participants were asked to limit their discussions about the specific details of what was discussed (this is common in closed beta test programs) but I think it is fair to say that the beta participants were presented with what was going to change, and most of the discussion and feedback revolved around the specifics of how it was going to be implemented, documented, and described. I believe some feedback made it into a form players will actually see, but for the most part what you see represents the basic design Kabam came up with for season five.

It is my hope that Kabam finds the early access program to be a success, and develops it further so players can become involved in the dev cycle earlier, and the back and forth dialog can have a greater impact on future game content.
  • edited August 2018
    FactorQ wrote: »
    How will gold/BC from completion rewards be awarded? Currently for map 5 it is 19500 gold for three BGs of exploration. If we run two BGs of map 5, does this mean we'll get 13000 gold(6500 per BG), or will it be similar to the costs in that it'll be 25% + 50% of 19500 = 14625 gold?

So some others have answered this well, but I just want to confirm so you can hear it from the horse's mouth: Everyone will get the rewards from each of the other BGs, same way it works right now.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Sounds pretty good I think. I may have been expecting a bigger increase to rewards, but we'll see how it shakes out.
    edited August 2018
    Sounds pretty good I think. I may have been expecting a bigger increase to rewards, but we'll see how it shakes out.

This iteration is focusing on progression vs outright increased rewards. With the ability to run seperate maps if you run 556 you benefit from rewards maps 5 and 6. We are getting increased T2A in map 6 crystals as well as the chance to get a fully formed one which IMO is phenomenal. They added in T2A shards all the way to top 800 as well. While its not double rewards or anything, its absolutely a step in the right direction.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Grub wrote: »
    Will the cost of running map 6x5 or any other combination of map 5 and 6 (assuming the same map across all BGs each day) be the same as last season?

Yep! The Prices of the Maps have not changed, so if you run 3 Battlegroups of Map 5 for 1 day, it will still be the same as just running 1 day of Map 5 in Season 4.

This is completely unacceptable @Kabam Miike

You made map 6 costs ridiculously high in the first place because you wanted it to be a deterrent for alliances playing it 5x per week. Now it’s become common place and the only way people can afford to run these maps is by buying resources from the black market because they are so high per week.

You need to reduce the costs to make it more accessible now that everyone wants to run these maps. People actually want to play the game, but your ridiculous map costs are prohibitive for many players in game unless they are willing to buy resources weekly or constantly be in game to grind arena.

u wanna play map 6????
    play the game more and earn the resources to afford it.....

u dont play enough MCOC to earn the resources to run map 6......
    u dont deserve to be at the top competing with those who do......

sorry if this is has and sorry if this hurts your feelings.....
    but its true......
    if you play enough MCOC to warrant competing with the top you will be able to afford to run map6......

now you can run 1 bg of map6 whilst running 2 bgs of map5 everyday. will give you more points than 5x5 and not cost much more......

KABAM MAKE A GOOD CHANGE AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL COMPLAIND ABOUT ABOUT IT.,
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Hmmm...so if 2 BGs are doing map 3 and one BG is doing map 5, people who are doing map 3 still have to donate right?

thats up to wat you decide to do with you alliance
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Sounds great !
    Thx Kabam
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Wait, does this mean we need donation costs for map 1-3?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Wait, does this mean we need donation costs for map 1-3?
    No, maps 1 to 3 are still free. You only have to pay for maps 4 to 6