**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The 1% life situation

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    To truly demonstrate there is a bug that leaves enemies at 1% health, you would need to show it happening over a large sample size of your fights. I highly doubt anyone has the time and desire to video record 100s of fights to prove this out.

Sorry, but a few pics of enemies at 1% is not evidence.
    I agree, however: They would have to be continuous as well, for the most part. Even 100 random fights ending with 1% would not be proof. I could find 250 single fights where it ends in 1% from around YouTube. Doesn’t prove squat.

Run quest for a few hours, run quest. Prove that out of every fight there is an issue where your damage dealt should not equal 1%. That’s how to prove it
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    What I find amusing is the fact that there's some who believe this simply can't be a thing because you know, there's never bugs in the game.

There have been claims made on this 'bug.' There have been responses as to why this may not, in fact, be a bug. So far, there has been no proof to show these claims are true. To quote Bill Nye, when he was still just the science guy, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."
    Archdemon_ wrote: »
    djr17 wrote: »
    There is so much going on with this.

First, this is 'happening more recently' is because showing percentage in the health bar is a relatively new thing for the contest.

Second, as stated before, there is confirmation bias. You don't notice when it hits any other %, just 1.

Third, 1% has the largest range of any single percent, from 1 hp to 1.4999% of total health. All the rest are a range of +/- .5, except 100, which is a range of .5%. Therefore that 1% you are seeing could be 25 hp, or it could be 900, and that last tic of DOT might not do enough to kill them.

Fourth, no matter how much you are sure your s3 will do a specific percentage damage to your opponent, there is only one character in game that will do what you expect everytime, Guilly.

Fifth, I have been in the situation where I though the opponent was ko'd after a sp and looked away and gotten hammered with an s3 plus combo'd after. It was my own fault for looking away, not some sort of bug.

First... errrm nope, when it's happening more "recently" I am personally referring to events much later and several updates since percentage being shown.
    Second.... Point is moot, we notice it when it's 1%... because it's a 1% bug.... pretty much the point being made
    Third.... not talking about "last tic" of DOT - I'm talking about have 3-4 stacks of bleed plus other DOT effects and the champ still being left alive at 1% while DOT should have already killed them
    Fourth ....so you're telling me firing off a SP3 with ANY 4* Champ cant kill a 3* champ with less than 3-4|% life left? really???
    Fifth... I've already covered this, its not through lack of experience i'm literally looking at the screen when it happens, not being lazy looking away making assumptions of the kill etc... I am talking about finishing a SP2/SP3 that should KO the opponent only to have a SP3 reflected at me by someone who should have died...

Jeez - I really cant wait to start recording fights and prove all these people who consider themselves experts entirely wrong.

1) ok...
    2) ok...
    3) How do you know it should have killed them? Did you total the damage you had done to that point and compared it to the opponents total HP?
    4) No, but can you point to where you made this claim prior to that post?
    5) It's happened while looking at the screen, too, but that still doesn't mean it's a bug.

I will be waiting for that video proof.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    dont post him proof send it directly to kabam instead, dont let him derail your thread any further