**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Recent Reports of Cheating

I wanted to take a minute to explore the announcement made yesterday. It's not stickied, and buried 6 pages down... but it seems like everyone involved was found innocent of TOS violations once an investigation was done. I find that following the logical angles to the end helps me to at least see what MAY have occurred. i'm not making claims that any of this happened, i'm just putting together the statements made by these alliances with the clarification made by the mod to see what comes out.

ALLIANCE 1
according to the stories laid out in line chats (and eventually here) by both sides, alliance 1 said they had 3 players booted from their alliance before those players could finish their war path. They also said those players were invited back, and because they had already joined war prior to the boot... they were able to continue aw attack and finish the war. BUT because these boots happened within the 5 war end of season cutoff, they believed the 3 players would miss out on season rewards.

if i'm reading the mod post correctly, either the boots DID NOT happen or the boots did happen but (according to evidence) weren't done by a player from another alliance who had allegedly logged in to an alliance 1's officer account. there is no other way for the "innocent" outcome to have been reached. one of those allegedly booted players has stated in chats that he had "fixed his situation" and would be receiving season rewards. that would mean that either he WAS NOT actually booted OR if he was booted (as the alliance claims in text and pictures) that a special pass was given to enable him to not miss his season rewards.

If we WAS booted, idk how he would be so confident in his season rewards.. but hey, people are always honest on the internet right? he was really confident tho haha. if he was NOT booted, then they fabricated screenshots and a story to go along with them to screw another alliance (this IS a claim made by alliance 2). alliance 1 has also stated they sent numerous tickets to support with their proofs.

ALLIANCE 2
gotta start by saying i'm going to ignore all of the past stuff about alliance 2 and just focus on this situation.
alliance 2 says that one of their players was unable to complete their path in war because every time this player entered his war fight, he received a message that his account had been logged in from another device and was logged out. they state that this went on for around 3 full hours with the player continually attempting to enter the fight and being logged out. they have posted a video of this occurring and the video does show him entering a fight, receiving that message, and being logged out... obviously the video doesn't go for 3 hours and only shows this occurrence once. they also show a snippet of war room chat where alliance 1 asks if their player is having troubles entering the fight. i say snippet because all context/replies have been removed. they claim this happening over a 3 hour period prevented them from clearing the map, and caused a loss. they did lose. i believe this loss killed their chances at a top 3 finish.

according to the evidence on hand, no wrongdoing occurred. that crosses off account sharing being the heart of the matter in this situation as in the alliance 1 situation. if no account sharing happened, then i'd have to assume this player logged in to fight, then logged in on another of his/her devices and received that message on the first device, all while screen-recording. then this alliance spread the video as "proof" of wrongdoing by the other alliance. that would also mean that alliance 1 was watching their defensive screen at the exact time that the player in alliance 2 was creating this video as faked evidence to be used in a take down of alliance 1, and the alliance 1 players took some "friendly jabs" at him in the war chat. that's very lucky timing for all things to happen at once. or, i guess the war chat screenshot could be completely doctored. regardless of the war chat, the video was made and posted as "proof" that alliance 2's players were being prevented from completing their war path (for 3 hours).

OVERALL
so, at best and according to the statement from kabam, you have 2 alliances creating "evidence" of wrongdoing by the opposing alliance, spreading that created "evidence" and claims thru chats AND the forums, and sending a flood of tickets to support which would obviously impede support's abilities to investigate/fix real issues players are having. you also have alliance 2 posting a large thread here, attempting to lay out all the alleged wrongdoing by alliance 1. i don't honestly know if any of that is a TOS violation, i haven't searched for that yet. it definitely is dirty pool and even worse because is clogs up an already struggling ticket system. I'll admit that knowing what i know about both, it's very hard to believe that faked evidence is all this comes down to... but that's what we've been told and have no other choice than to accept that. there are some "blind spots" as far as kabam's abilities go in finding violations, and a few alliances seem to exploit them. I can't blame that on kabam because i can't even come up with a way of detecting those outside of a massive change in how log-in's work and that's probably not feasible.

at worst... well i think we all know what should go here, but i'll pass on writing it up.

anyway, that's it. i just wanted to talk things thru in order to help players that may have missed the non-stickied announcement or may have looked sideways at it. I'm pretty sure i've followed the rules, and since this has been a hot topic with the community i think it's ok to post about it as long as i'm not breaking rules.

if you're gonna reply to this, please keep it clean and abide by the rules. i'm sure there are parts where i'm missing an angle, but i think i covered the "if this, then that" pretty well overall. it's a ridiculous situation and i wish people could just play the game without all this bs

Comments

• All very true.

I'd welcome an overhaul of login protocol to cut out the sharing methods used at the top levels tbh. I just don't know how costly it would be on the front end. There would be arguments that say it would hurt profits in the end, but those are asinine. Piloting still exists and both saves the players money/resources and directs money to other entities than kabam.
  • Edweezy_14Edweezy_14 Posts: 40
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I wanted to take a minute to explore the announcement made yesterday. It's not stickied, and buried 6 pages down... but it seems like everyone involved was found innocent of TOS violations once an investigation was done. I find that following the logical angles to the end helps me to at least see what MAY have occurred. i'm not making claims that any of this happened, i'm just putting together the statements made by these alliances with the clarification made by the mod to see what comes out.

ALLIANCE 1
    according to the stories laid out in line chats (and eventually here) by both sides, alliance 1 said they had 3 players booted from their alliance before those players could finish their war path. They also said those players were invited back, and because they had already joined war prior to the boot... they were able to continue aw attack and finish the war. BUT because these boots happened within the 5 war end of season cutoff, they believed the 3 players would miss out on season rewards.

if i'm reading the mod post correctly, either the boots DID NOT happen or the boots did happen but (according to evidence) weren't done by a player from another alliance who had allegedly logged in to an alliance 1's officer account. there is no other way for the "innocent" outcome to have been reached. one of those allegedly booted players has stated in chats that he had "fixed his situation" and would be receiving season rewards. that would mean that either he WAS NOT actually booted OR if he was booted (as the alliance claims in text and pictures) that a special pass was given to enable him to not miss his season rewards.

If we WAS booted, idk how he would be so confident in his season rewards.. but hey, people are always honest on the internet right? he was really confident tho haha. if he was NOT booted, then they fabricated screenshots and a story to go along with them to screw another alliance (this IS a claim made by alliance 2). alliance 1 has also stated they sent numerous tickets to support with their proofs.

ALLIANCE 2
    gotta start by saying i'm going to ignore all of the past stuff about alliance 2 and just focus on this situation.
    alliance 2 says that one of their players was unable to complete their path in war because every time this player entered his war fight, he received a message that his account had been logged in from another device and was logged out. they state that this went on for around 3 full hours with the player continually attempting to enter the fight and being logged out. they have posted a video of this occurring and the video does show him entering a fight, receiving that message, and being logged out... obviously the video doesn't go for 3 hours and only shows this occurrence once. they also show a snippet of war room chat where alliance 1 asks if their player is having troubles entering the fight. i say snippet because all context/replies have been removed. they claim this happening over a 3 hour period prevented them from clearing the map, and caused a loss. they did lose. i believe this loss killed their chances at a top 3 finish.

according to the evidence on hand, no wrongdoing occurred. that crosses off account sharing being the heart of the matter in this situation as in the alliance 1 situation. if no account sharing happened, then i'd have to assume this player logged in to fight, then logged in on another of his/her devices and received that message on the first device, all while screen-recording. then this alliance spread the video as "proof" of wrongdoing by the other alliance. that would also mean that alliance 1 was watching their defensive screen at the exact time that the player in alliance 2 was creating this video as faked evidence to be used in a take down of alliance 1, and the alliance 1 players took some "friendly jabs" at him in the war chat. that's very lucky timing for all things to happen at once. or, i guess the war chat screenshot could be completely doctored. regardless of the war chat, the video was made and posted as "proof" that alliance 2's players were being prevented from completing their war path (for 3 hours).

OVERALL
    so, at best and according to the statement from kabam, you have 2 alliances creating "evidence" of wrongdoing by the opposing alliance, spreading that created "evidence" and claims thru chats AND the forums, and sending a flood of tickets to support which would obviously impede support's abilities to investigate/fix real issues players are having. you also have alliance 2 posting a large thread here, attempting to lay out all the alleged wrongdoing by alliance 1. i don't honestly know if any of that is a TOS violation, i haven't searched for that yet. it definitely is dirty pool and even worse because is clogs up an already struggling ticket system. I'll admit that knowing what i know about both, it's very hard to believe that faked evidence is all this comes down to... but that's what we've been told and have no other choice than to accept that. there are some "blind spots" as far as kabam's abilities go in finding violations, and a few alliances seem to exploit them. I can't blame that on kabam because i can't even come up with a way of detecting those outside of a massive change in how log-in's work and that's probably not feasible.

at worst... well i think we all know what should go here, but i'll pass on writing it up.

anyway, that's it. i just wanted to talk things thru in order to help players that may have missed the non-stickied announcement or may have looked sideways at it. I'm pretty sure i've followed the rules, and since this has been a hot topic with the community i think it's ok to post about it as long as i'm not breaking rules.

if you're gonna reply to this, please keep it clean and abide by the rules. i'm sure there are parts where i'm missing an angle, but i think i covered the "if this, then that" pretty well overall. it's a ridiculous situation and i wish people could just play the game without all this bs

So from what I understand, kabam stated the issues that happened between both alliances was due to account sharing and not hacking, but no punishment is being placed even though account sharing and piloting is against tos?
  • Edweezy_14 wrote: »

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

So from what I understand, kabam stated the issues that happened between both alliances was due to account sharing and not hacking, but no punishment is being placed even though account sharing and piloting is against tos?

My understanding was that an investigation was done, and no violations were found.

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

Here's the relevant part. Took me a minute to find the post.

"We’ve dug deep into reports on the recent allegations of hacking, account sharing and people being kicked from alliances, as well as customer service ticket history associated with this situation. We simply have not found corroborating evidence in game or in ticket history that supports what some have tried to spread within the community. There is zero evidence of hacking or a data breach."

Tho I will say that I never thought the "hacking" part of the alliances' stories carried any weight and seemed to be just more wood thrown on the fire. Imo, if any of it did happen... It was all because of past account sharing. But there again, kabam states no evidence was found.
  • Edweezy_14Edweezy_14 Posts: 40
    Edweezy_14 wrote: »

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

My understanding was that an investigation was done, and no violations were found.

Interesting, so account sharing isn’t a violation.

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

It is. But the investigation found no account sharing... Hence my post trying to figure out what actually happened since there was no account sharing according to the results of the investigation.

It's basically a "since no TOS violations occurred, then one of these things must have happened" sorta post.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Without taking anyone’s word for having found something or not, there is one thing Kabam can’t account for in any way, and that’s plain and simple money exchanging hands to pull **** outside of the game’s logging.
    If alliance 1 were to offer a substantial sum to someone in alliance 2, the only way they would ever capture that is if those involved were stupid enough to do so in ingame chat.

Not saying fishy things in game didn’t happen. Just saying far more fishy things can happen outside te reach of the game itself (can and does for that matter).
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I think that I found the relative part of the TOS as it pertains to this issue. Since it has been stated that no acct sharing hacking, etc was found, it seems that false information was created in the form of screenshots and video and presented to kabam both on the forum and in support tickets.

d9za4cii2uxn.png

Nice find. I didn’t know fabricating evidence in support tickets was a TOS violation.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Lol time to drop this **** by now. Just want to address your claim of alliance 1’s “situation handled” and that people actually believing those screenshots were falsified. After numerous tickets with support, they were able to confirm that since the kicked players who joined right back were still able to make moves in AW and collect the victory bonus, that war probably counts as a completion towards the 5 wars you need to have with an alliance. This war in question was the 5th one with 4 to go, so the players should be eligible. There’s not any special treatment and if it happened a war later they would not be eligible. Though this is just some support rep’s word, I don’t know how credible that really is nowadays.

Those members did lose out on AQ rewards (which happened to be rank 1 that week) which is a big blow that support did nothing about. There’s screenshots of those members being shown ineligible for AQ if people still don’t believe it.
  • I make zero claims. If it seemed as tho I made a claim, then it was a mistake on my part in regards to how it was written. The whole point was to not make claims but follow the story of the two alliances and the reasoning of adora's post and explore what could have happened.

I know that each alliance has a different story about the kicks, one saying it happened.. One saying it didn't at all. Alliance 1 knows if it did and if they were the ones to do it. And kabam knows if it happened and which account did the kicking if it happened. But that's the extent of what kabam could know about it.

As far as falsified evidence goes, it's just one of the possibilities in the story (for both alliances). And if it was intentionally falsified and submitted.. That would be a TOS violation.

I am confused on one part of what you said tho. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. You state that since they were able to rejoin before war ended and attack.. They're still able to collect season rewards. This war was the first during "cutoff" time. Then you said if it happened in the next war, they wouldn't be eligible? I don't get that?
  • pd187pd187 Posts: 26
    edited August 2018
    I am confused on one part of what you said tho. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. You state that since they were able to rejoin before war ended and attack.. They're still able to collect season rewards. This war was the first during "cutoff" time. Then you said if it happened in the next war, they wouldn't be eligible? I don't get that?

It was at the 5th out of the remaining 5 wars of the season so because the kicked people had placed on defense, were on attack, and were able to rejoin quick enough to continue the attack; they *should* get the season rewards because they will be participating in the remaining 5 wars of the season and hit eligibility for season rewards. Basically it counts for them because they "joined" their "new" alliance within the 5 war season cut off timeframe.

If it happened during the final 4 wars of the season then they would have gotten nothing for season rewards because it was after the 5 war cut off timeframe.

(Does that help @chunkyb ?)

(edited to clarify war counts because English is terrible)
  • pd187 wrote: »

It was the 5th to last war so because the kicked people had placed on defense, were on attack, and were able to rejoin quick enough to continue the attack; they *should* get the season rewards because they will be participating in the remaining 5 wars of the season and hit eligibility for season rewards. Basically it counts for them because they "joined" their "new" alliance within the 5 war cut off timeframe.

If it happened during the 4th to last war then they would have gotten nothing for season rewards because it was after the 5 war cut off timeframe.

(Does that help @chunkyb ?)

Thx for trying to clarify.

I think my confusion is basically just me being dumb. I'm reading "5th from last" and "4th from last" wrongly. 5th from last would be the 6th war in the "countdown" and 4th from last would be the 5th in the "countdown". I go dumb sometimes (possibly a lot)
  • pd187pd187 Posts: 26
    edited August 2018
    Eh. It happens to everybody from time to time. Honestly now that you mention it, I can see how the confusion came about because of the "Xth to last" phrasing (and because English is such a terrible language) since the counting for "4th to last" would've gone 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, last.

A better clarification on my part would have been "It was within the last 5 wars of the season..."

(edited my previous post above for better clarification)
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Is it possible that because of the extreme measures taken in the “past” to mask IP addresses and login locations that all the shenanigans did actually happen but was unprovable?
    What I mean is if a player in 1 who had previously piloted for a player in the other alliance still had not just their login details but the player IP and location from covering up past piloting then it’s entirely possible Kabam looked at the logs and couldn’t see it happening. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited August 2018
    DukeZman wrote: »
    Is it possible that because of the extreme measures taken in the “past” to mask IP addresses and login locations that all the shenanigans did actually happen but was unprovable?
    What I mean is if a player in 1 who had previously piloted for a player in the other alliance still had not just their login details but the player IP and location from covering up past piloting then it’s entirely possible Kabam looked at the logs and couldn’t see it happening. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Something like that is a definite possibility. I just don't want to accuse anyone of anything so I left it out. But it does seem to bypass kabam's identification from the reports I've read
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Long story short: if you’re a cheater and a crook and you’ve got a really solid racket running, if someone copies your method or someone on the inside (because cheaters and crooks can’t be trusted) cheats you, how do you prove it since you were so good at covering your tracks and if you could prove it, how do you do so without giving away your whole operation and self-incriminating 🤔
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    edited August 2018

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

It is. But the investigation found no account sharing... Hence my post trying to figure out what actually happened since there was no account sharing according to the results of the investigation.

It's basically a "since no TOS violations occurred, then one of these things must have happened" sorta post.

No, an investigation found no hacking. That statement was very carefully worded.

It's impossible for them to have found no evidence of account sharing, but (in my opinion) they made the statement in this fashion to confuse the issue because they do not intend to punish for the ToS violations. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. If they are not both punished, the integrity of war is completely shot and it has become nothing but a farce.
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »

ALLIANCE 1

ALLIANCE 2

OVERALL

No, an investigation found no hacking. That statement was very carefully worded.

It's impossible for them to have found no evidence of account sharing, but (in my opinion) they made the statement in this fashion to confuse the issue a but because they do not intend to punish for the ToS violations. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. If they are not both punished, the integrity of war is completely shot and it has become nothing but a farce.

I get that the part of adora's statement is kinda worded in a way that opens it up to interpretation. I'd love to hear official clarification on it. But here it is...

"We’ve dug deep into reports on the recent allegations of hacking, account sharing and people being kicked from alliances, as well as customer service ticket history associated with this situation. We simply have not found corroborating evidence in game or in ticket history that supports what some have tried to spread within the community. There is zero evidence of hacking or a data breach."

So first, she states that they've checked on 3 things... Hacking, acct sharing, and kicking.
    Then she says they've found no evidence that corroborates what has been reported.
    That's where I'm making the assumption that what she terms as "what some have tried to spread within the community" is referring to hacking, acct sharing, and booting.
    But the last sentence makes it sound like the thing they don't have evidence of is specifically hacking/data breach.
    And "what some have tried to spread within the community" could refer to several things.

Admittedly, i could 100% be interpreting wrong. But again, clarification is welcome. I hope they do clarify, and I've tried hard to keep the thread within the rules and a friendly discussion of what goes on in the game and community. It helps players to know how things work and what to watch for.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    edited August 2018
    Kabam says no one is above the rules but that’s a bunch of BS. Those top alliances are absolutely immune to any form of cheating. If they penalize one of those alliances that spends thousands per month, they would have an actual boycott along with many high spenders backing out. They’d get a public slap on the wrist to show the community they took notice, but nothing would really be done
  • Drummer829 wrote: »
    Kabam says no one is above the rules but that’s a bunch of BS. Those top alliances are absolutely immune to any form of cheating. If they penalize one of those alliances that spends thousands per month, they would have an actual boycott along with many high spenders backing out. They’d get a public slap on the wrist to show the community they took notice, but nothing would really be done

I don't necessarily believe that the war rating is the optimal way of punishing players/alliances, but I will point out that several top alliances have had war rating deductions since season 2. Season 1 was an abomination for various reasons. And even tho piloting has just become more crafty, I'm glad there have been steps taken towards fixing the issues surrounding aw. More is needed, but they haven't just sat back and watched like season 1.
  • GangsterSauceGangsterSauce Posts: 63
    9ts411r5pp34.jpg
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »

Call their bluff. Game content was static when the last boycott occurred. Boycotting during AW Seasons would cause top spending alliances to fall far behind in both AQ rank rewards and AW Seasons rank rewards. The imagined threat of top spending alliances boycotting gives too much credit to people who spend 50-100K+ per year on MCOC. You don’t reach that degree of spending because you have strong self-control.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Its funny how the officer that was kicking his own players is still in the same alliance but not an officer anymore. If you look at the alliance now, it only has a leader and one officer now. Like i said, the officer that was kicking his own team is still there. Which is highly unlikely to occur if he was the one actually kicking his team mates. So it leads me to believe that someone did sign into his account And kick players. And that would be a tos violation by someone no matter how you look at it. And for you to say that No violations were found is incorrect.
  • chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited August 2018
    JimmyB wrote: »
    Its funny how the officer that was kicking his own players is still in the same alliance but not an officer anymore. If you look at the alliance now, it only has a leader and one officer now. Like i said, the officer that was kicking his own team is still there. Which is highly unlikely to occur if he was the one actually kicking his team mates. So it leads me to believe that someone did sign into his account And kick players. And that would be a tos violation by someone no matter how you look at it. And for you to say that No violations were found in incorrect.

That logic seems sound imo. According to Alliance 1, the demotion was in order to stop the boots after they realized it was happening.

And as far as "no violations found" I'm only repeating what i have interpreted from the mod post... Tho further mod clarification would be welcome.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    JimmyB wrote: »
    Its funny how the officer that was kicking his own players is still in the same alliance but not an officer anymore. If you look at the alliance now, it only has a leader and one officer now. Like i said, the officer that was kicking his own team is still there. Which is highly unlikely to occur if he was the one actually kicking his team mates. So it leads me to believe that someone did sign into his account And kick players. And that would be a tos violation by someone no matter how you look at it. And for you to say that No violations were found in incorrect.

That logic seems sound imo. According to Alliance 1, the demotion was in order to stop the boots after they realized it was happening.

And as far as "no violations found" I'm only repeating what i have interpreted from the mod post... Tho further mod clarification would be welcome.

I understand why the demotion happened, but someone had to have his log in info. So once again i say, there is a tos violating somewhere. But hey, it's not my problem. Even though it affects every alliance that doesn't cheat.
  • Hey there everyone, for anyone who may not have seen the post, Ad0ra_ has summed up the matter here. We ask that everyone keep in mind that, due to our privacy policy, we cannot discuss the details of anyone's accounts, including any possible actions that may be taken, nor can we discuss certain details of our investigations or investigation processes.
This discussion has been closed.