**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoners are shown a bit more appreciation than we realized

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
Many people are complaining about compensation for the recent problems and the state of the game. Also, many complaints about summoner appreciation week,and that it is also being considered compensation . I've even made a few comments myself. Then I really thought about the Gwenpool goes to the movies event. All of the content is super easy, even the epic setting. They basically gave us a free 5*, almost enough shards for another 5* and a legendary crystal with a chance for a THIRD 5*. When summoners end up completing this content, they could potentially open 3 5*s in a very small amount of time. This was basically a gift that they made possible for everyone to do with ease. They even included a free easy way to get all the required champs if anyone was missing.

So, with all that said, I would like to apologize for my complaints. We did have a summoner appreciation month, in the form of Gwenpool goes to the movies and it was the best yet. Thank you Kabam, and I may end up returning to paying customer status very soon.

Comments

• AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    That event was planned months in advance, just like all the content. Way before the overheating issues and outages. Not saying I disagree with you, just that it was stuff we would of gotten regardless of appreciation events

The event may have been planned months in advance. Rewards can be increased in the course of one staff meeting.

This may not have been a 'compensation' event, but the rewards didn't need to be as good as they were. I think the OP has something of a point.

They have stated it has nothing to do with compensation.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    That event was planned months in advance, just like all the content. Way before the overheating issues and outages. Not saying I disagree with you, just that it was stuff we would of gotten regardless of appreciation events

The event may have been planned months in advance. Rewards can be increased in the course of one staff meeting.

This may not have been a 'compensation' event, but the rewards didn't need to be as good as they were. I think the OP has something of a point.

They have stated it has nothing to do with compensation.

So did I. This thread is about it being more of a goodwill gesture.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I’m glad you feel satisfied I still think kabam short changed us worse than ever though the compensation should have been comparable to 12.0 with a slight buff considering the game has moved forward since then. But good on you sir
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

Same could be said about the “compensation” we received, they could of decided to buff it before giving it out
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Their summoner appreciation in the form of GP is to circulate a ton of Killmongers, IMIW, and Wasps for AWD to milk everyone more. I’m kinda kidding but kinda not.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Their summoner appreciation in the form of GP is to circulate a ton of Killmongers, IMIW, and Wasps for AWD to milk everyone more. I’m kinda kidding but kinda not.

GP event is neither compensation nor appreciation.
    It's a separate event based on ten years MCU.

Somehow people keep meshing everything into one..
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »

I wasn’t saying it was but people like to lump it together. I was just saying if summoners view GP event as appreciation, that’s how they appreciate the summoners.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Two free five stars is two free five stars. I don’t care what you call it. I love how the people who get mad when you post positive things in the hate thread seem to have no qualms about bringing negativity into threads like this.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »

Two free five stars is two free five stars. I don’t care what you call it. I love how the people who get mad when you post positive things in the hate thread seem to have no qualms about bringing negativity into threads like this.

There is zero negativity in my statement.
    I also responded to the grouping of separate things, not the event in and of itself.
    If anything, I'd like to see this repeated in the near future. I thoroughly enjoyed it and its rewards.