**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who’s your preference between these two gods?

Who’s your preference between these two gods? 107 votes

Hyperion
52%
ArcDeAngelusLeNoirFaineantTheManMythLegendAfridBigBangadqqedfyvrMrLalowtbos42weavilefish8sixWhiteManSungjnameplasVuDahGuzmaDOKTOROKTOPUSRCunhaAKTEKSceptilemaniacSpiderCools 56 votes
Archangel
47%
Captain_KandiceAlex_sc11FrostyAraevinTendersquadSuperman69NorthwestbrosefStar_Lord_bm3eppsBapoiNEO_mr_AndersonLegnA10817hydrogohardJCPer14M1k0rinCarme1974JohnLocke117Night_ProwlerXTrojanX05Bahamut 51 votes

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Archangel
    They're both awesome really, but seeing how I take a rather sadistic pleasure in seeing opponents drain insaly fast from stacks of neurotoxins, I decided to soothe my inner sadist and go with AA on this one..
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Archangel
    Hyperion is good for sure, but it's more fun inflicting 10s of poisons, bleeds and neurotoxins.
  • GorofaizGorofaiz Posts: 56
    Archangel
    If u r good with parry then it's no brainer... Parry+heavy attack, spam L1...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    They are both awesome, but Hyperion has the slight advantage I think because he doesn't rely on the opponent being poison and bleed immune.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion because of his insane damage
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Hyperion
    Damn this is close
  • JPM5673JPM5673 Posts: 2
    Hyperion
    I agree with the rest of these people who have voted for Hyperion because he does a lot of damage and he doesn’t have to rely on poison or bleed
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    Hyperion
    Hype, doesn’t rely on being duped as much as AA, also way more utility.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I don't see any gods on here just some pretenders
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    AA had only one game style, like bleed.
    with Hype you have more strategies to choose from - parry-heavy-sp2-heavy-heavy, spam sp1 for incinerate (almost like AA bleeds, but works almost for everyone), save to 3 bars of power and get some armor/attack buffs. plus they nerfed AA toxin stun and gave him nothing

if you can't rank up both, choose based on your roster. if you don't have bleed champ, AA won't be bad choice. if you already have x23, Hype for sure
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Archangel
    remember, this poll isn't talking about who is better overall, cause in that case hyp is better cause doesn't rely on poison and bleed definitely. It's about who you like using.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Hyperion
    tell me 5 champs you can't beat with hyperion

because there are a lot of immunes around there and archangel won't solve you problems
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Trash
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Archangel
    I’m gonna say Double-A

1. AAR immunity. Really fun
    2. Clips Mordo
    3. Evade doesn’t cover parry-heavy
    4. Antman DIES!
    5. Even just bleed is usually enough.
    6. There’s only 3 bleed immune champs you can’t JUST bust through with a standard beater being MS, Sentinel and Iceman but they all have hard counters you’ll probably have if you’re in story.
    7. Multi-hit specials against you can easily stack 3-9 poison depending on your Bleed game (RIP Carnage, Killmonger and Rag-Thor)
    8. Being duped is just a small bonus as when you SHRED almost everything already AAR is insignificant 90% of the time.
    9. Hyperion is just a beat stick with poison immune and some incinerate and cosmic has a LOT of champs that are tight for “best cosmic DPS” and overall also compete with SL and Sparky as well.
    10. Archangel has a mutual Romance with Psylocke for team synergy
    11. Hyperion’s buff duration signature is more impactful on his ease of use making his signature a bit more important imo to the character.

(INCONSPICUOUS EDIT)
    12. MODOK DIES! Parry him and use a heavy right away. The heavy animation and hits last long enough and in such a way it outlives the stun duration and when he becomes “un-stunned” the force field activates but is instantly broken by the heavy attack. Works with Hype too I believe
    (Double edit)
    13. Neurotoxin stunning is a gift from the gods of you can abuse it just right. Enemy almost dead but also at Sp3? If you got a neuro almost expired keep pounding the block slowly and block immediately. Best case you stall him for the last blow or the DoT takes him out and the worst is that you take an Sp3 you have a decent chance to live badly if you have resonate/inequity slashing the enemies attack for you

Points to Hyperion for being a terrifying defender as well as an amazing attacker (like Domino, Magik and a few other elites) but overall Hyperion competes for a lot of what he does. He’s definitely A tier in basically everything he does and has a few S-Tier areas but severely lacks an X-factor about him that makes him shine

Archangel is plausibly the best DoT champ specializing in bleed primarily with a secondary poison++ trait and deals with some niche fights almost exclusively the best (Antman and Mordo) while not entirely relying on signature except maybe at the highest level AQ/AW and has a decent synergy as well as a great mastery set available to him making him not only a nuke but a tank in most scenarios
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Archangel
    Oh I forgot to mention that inequity is an Angels best friend. Almost always have that 36% attack decrease on the enemy which makes blocking things like Venom Sp2 and a random miss-parry block combo so much safer as not only the extra poison damage but also just the tankiness you get as a bonus

(This is what I meant by the great mastery support being available)

Edit: also deep wounds
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Archangel
    My vote goes to AA
    Went through Act 4 with AA. He ripped Maestro. I thought that Maestro was Poison immune (Hulk), but he isn't.
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Archangel
    Awakened Archangel, Poison + Bleed + Sp1 stacked about 4 times...... DAMN