Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Champion Spotlight - Korg

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DV and Elektra may not be too great considering he has a pretty high chance to shrug off debuffs when Rock Shield is active. Maybe it's just me. I would forget a lot.

Good point about Elektra. Voodoo’s ability reduction allows him to stack spirit poison against enemies that shrug off debuffs the same way using his sp1 on odd combos allows him to stack spirit poison when fighting enemies that have masochism.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,179 ★★★★
    edited August 2018

Passive:/

• Rock anatomy provides Korg immunity to Bleed, Shock and additional Critical Resistance but decreases his Energy Resistance by 20%.

Korg is simultaneously shock-immune but very vulnerable to 'energy'.

Does this shock-immunity apply just to Shock debuffs, or will it also give immunity to the 'rebound' damage from our other (massively outclassed) Thorns champion, Electro?

How about Electro's special attacks? Or Storm's?

P.S. Let's improve Electro: . (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67272/lets-supercharge-electro)
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    “Counters” — sure, did you test them on tier 1 AW nodes? Buffet, Dismay, Bleed/Poison?
  • WhungWhung Posts: 35
    Damage back except for light attack. Fine

Can’t used dex or he will keep being unblockable and unstopable. Fine.

I think we would deal with this 2 things

But unblockable and would not evade sp1 with 1 exticement ? That’s too much.

At least make it able to evade.
  • Super game
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 265
    I find it very "strange" that most of the champs that have some kind of "advantage" over Korg are champs that you refuse to release as 5* / 6* even tho they are "overrated" among the new champs.
    what point you are trying to make? to show us the 4* are still relevant? 4* has no place in AW attack.

It also doesn't make sense (to me) that Korg is immune to shock but take more damage from energy hit.
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 141
    I sense a nerf coming on
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    I find it very "strange" that most of the champs that have some kind of "advantage" over Korg are champs that you refuse to release as 5* / 6* even tho they are "overrated" among the new champs.
    what point you are trying to make? to show us the 4* are still relevant? 4* has no place in AW attack.

It also doesn't make sense (to me) that Korg is immune to shock but take more damage from energy hit.

I’ll break it down for you. Each different source of damage has a type and a category. (Not officially, just for me to help explain it).

It’s basically because while shock does energy damage, it isn’t the only thing that does. Korgs abilities are basically, all energy damage does more damage on him, except shock because he’s immune. Bleed is direct damage, but just because someone is Immune to bleed doesn’t mean direct damage cannot do harm to them.

For example. Bleed/poison is direct damage. A hit from Luke cage is physical damage. A hit from magneto is energy damage. Shock/incinerate is energy damage.

The type is what the damage is; poison, bleed, physical hit, energy hit etc

The category is what the type of damage is; energy, direct, physical.

So Korg, while immune to (the type of damage) shock, he is not immune to (the category) energy damage. And furthermore, not only is he not Immune to energy damage, he is even more susceptible to it. As an example, incinerate does energy damage, but since Korg has a lower energy resistance, he takes more damage.

So since Korg is immune to shock which is energy damage, but more susceptible to energy damage. This is the same as if Collosus, who is immune to bleed, were to be more susceptible to direct damage. As an example, taskmaster when he exploits a weakness deals direct damage. So in my hypothetical situation where Collosus is susceptible to direct damage. He would take more damage from an exploit weakness. He isn’t immune to direct damage, but he is immune to bleed.

Champion who is immune to X, more susceptible to Y.

Where X is the type of damage, Shock or Bleed. And Y is the category, Energy or Direct.

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,115 ★★★★
    I already bought my free 2* version. Hope I can get the 4* version
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 62
    He seems to be a good defender! I want him!
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Thorns was removed around the same time Black Widow was nerfed during 12.0. Now that it's back as a champion's ability, will Widow be buffed again?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 1,761 ★★★

Special 1: Hey, take it easy man! - Oh man, is that what this thing does? I thought it was just going to like, shoot some net or something. I oughta be careful with this thing.

• Opponents cannot Evade this attack.
    • This attack is Unblockable if Crowd Excitement is greater than 1.

By opponents cannot evade this attack, do you mean evade will have a 100% chance not to trigger at all, or evade will trigger but not work? Because i don't want evade to drop my block while trying to dodge and cause me to get hit.
    Could you please clarify @Kabam Vydious

you can dex it but not evade, dex and evade are to different mechanics
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,821 ★★★★★
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

Special 1: Hey, take it easy man! - Oh man, is that what this thing does? I thought it was just going to like, shoot some net or something. I oughta be careful with this thing.

• Opponents cannot Evade this attack.
    • This attack is Unblockable if Crowd Excitement is greater than 1.

By opponents cannot evade this attack, do you mean evade will have a 100% chance not to trigger at all, or evade will trigger but not work? Because i don't want evade to drop my block while trying to dodge and cause me to get hit.
    Could you please clarify @Kabam Vydious

you can dex it but not evade, dex and evade are to different mechanics

I know that...
    What I'm asking is does korg's sp1 trigger the evade but cause it to fail(like true strike does), or does it reduce the chance for evade to trigger completely, as in if I'm holding block when korg activates sp1, i will remain blocking throughout it
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,821 ★★★★★
    Medusa is easy to fight...
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Did they finally do it? Is Cyclops finally going to be a viable counter to someone?

Cyclops (Blue) gains extra power at low levels and when awakened, his specials become unblockable with a good combo. His L1 is energy damage (strong vs. Korg) and won't take thorns damage.

Very effective champion? hmmmmmm
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,150 ★★★★★

Crowd Excitement
    • The crowd dislikes cowards cheering for Korg when opponents Evade or Dexterity his Basic Attacks, increasing Crowd Excitement by 2 for 20 seconds.

This one made me cringe twice.

1) The lack of a comma makes it seem like the crowd dislikes the people cheering for Korg and considers them all cowards.

q0j3uqgij0zk.jpg

2) Dexterity is a noun. It is not a verb. You can possess dexterity. You can't dexterity. This is a pet peeve I didn't know I had until I started reading this forum.

You can't dexterity but you can Dexterity. Notice the capital D.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 497 ★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Crowd Excitement
    • The crowd dislikes cowards cheering for Korg when opponents Evade or Dexterity his Basic Attacks, increasing Crowd Excitement by 2 for 20 seconds.

This one made me cringe twice.

1) The lack of a comma makes it seem like the crowd dislikes the people cheering for Korg and considers them all cowards.

q0j3uqgij0zk.jpg

2) Dexterity is a noun. It is not a verb. You can possess dexterity. You can't dexterity. This is a pet peeve I didn't know I had until I started reading this forum.

You can't dexterity but you can Dexterity. Notice the capital D.

Always best to watch for the D
  • Thanks for info, will help
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,081 ★★★★
    No one is gonna talk about how he has I think the 3 highest prestige as a 5*
  • He seems to be a cool champion and all.... but he will be way to easy to counter and also "Magneto = category weakness".... what the hell? Is this a joke.. I mean ye magneto can to bleeds... but he sucks... he can't be anyones weakness so get that outta here ( this is out of place but kabam you should actually start buffing characters like magneto e.t.c, especially carnage... like come on lads, we need buffs for these champs )
  • korg is gonna be GODLIKE he is amazing in the movie unstoppable in the game. great defender and attacker i'll be happy when he's on my team not the opponents during season 3.(P.S.this is the first time i every said a comment).
  • the fact that you can't evade his special one is what makes korg so amazing.