**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Use generic 5* gem on 5/65 stark Spider-Man?

Just finished act 5. I currently have 4 awakening gems. I have mutant,cosmic,science and a generic. I do not have Star lord,blade,voodoo or any champion that it top tier that isn’t awoken besides stark. So do I hold to see if I get someone like voodoo,starlord etc? I’m not sure I hear a lot of conflicting opinions on using my generic on stark. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks community!

Use generic 5* gem on 5/65 stark Spider-Man? 66 votes

He is your r5 use it!!
77%
Kenny292JaffacakedHulk_77ThatsausageAsukiraSuperman69Feeney234KihlgastLegionDestroierGrafikdevnameplasbuttersAb_SamadGrim10GrimmbearJman2182M1k0rinNemesis666AKTEKArchit_Tandon498 51 votes
He’s not worth it.
22%
AjavedstakSpity68MayhemSaiyanSKOutsiderAshburnHendrossBahamutcx23433Maldroit2umrjake57TheSpicyKnightkingbPennmabob 15 votes

Comments

• Also I am not sure when I’ll have enough t2 to r5 another 5*. I was hoping to use stark to get through LOL
  • I also have 75!tech stones and 100 generic ones.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    He is your r5 use it!!
    Does not need to be awakened to be good,but definitely becomes alot better when awakened. Definitely worth it. 100%
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    He is your r5 use it!!
    Probably best champ in game to alot of people
  • I have been on the fence. I know I would be upset if I pull blade, voodoo or starlord. I do have mutant for AA and my medusa is already awoken. Void is covered if I get him also. I get why people are saying hold but he is my only r5 and he can take me through LOL. Idk I’m going to give it a day and think about it. I do appreciate all the feedback though. It helps a lot to hear others ideas. Thanks
  • Grim10Grim10 Posts: 6
    He is your r5 use it!!
    Also I am not sure when I’ll have enough t2 to r5 another 5*. I was hoping to use stark to get through LOL

Sparky is one of those champs that doesn’t rely heavily on his signature ability although it does benefit him if he has it. But if you are looking to get through LOL you might as well use all the help you can get. If you are only looking to do one path then you might not need it but if you are looking to do more than one path you definitely won’t regret it. And plus he is your only r5 5* so not like you’re going to stop using him.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    He is your r5 use it!!
    I actully just used a 5* generic awakening gem on Stark Spidey myself and did a little bit of before and after testing, so the results may help you make your decision.

I tested him against ROL WS at 3/45 unduped, 3/45 sig 60, and 4/55 sig 60. Didn't bring in any synergies, stayed above 50% for all 3 fights to get the full crit benefit from the signature ability, and stayed between 8-10 poise charges.

3/45 unduped: 196 hits
    3/45 sig 60: 160 hits
    4/55 sig 60: 118 hits

In short, going from unduped to sig 60 made almost just as much of an impact as going from 3/45 to 4/55. I think the difference it makes between unduped and duped will be amplified even more at 5/65 and even more so in longer fights like LOL.
  • Thanks everyone. Great info. I do think I’m going to do it. I will (eventually) get through LOL. I have been looking at the amount of damage he receives from his signature ability and it really takes him to another level. I am also think about prestige. My only 5-65 being unduped hurts me. I also have some other gems. I will let everyone know what I decide. If I do I’m going to stick a bunch of stones in him and boost my prestige up.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Hmmm... Tough decision... His sig ability isn't necessary by any means, but it is nice to crit on almost every hit. I think I would have a hard time using a generic on sparky, but I don't think I'd have any hesitation using a tech. The difference is you have Medusa awoken currently, and the only other champ you might want to save the generic for would be Blade or SL. Since he's your only r5 that also has to weigh in. Kind of a toss up for me. If I pulled a Blade I'd want to be able to awaken him, but I guess that's up to you to decide. You could wait until after you open the dungeon crystal with Blade in it to see if you get him assuming that's the crystal you buy.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    If you haven't done a lol path at all I would say save the generic and see if you pull a tech from your first path.
    If you are looking to 100%, use it without reservation as you will get another one when you finish it.
    I am guessing you have so many gems because you have already done 1 path. so I say use it, especially if you plan on finishing LOL
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    He is your r5 use it!!
    Do it! People who are saying his dupe isn't necessary don't realise how much less you have to work for building poise charges when your taunt last 2 seconds longer. Plus critting on the each hit of a combo. I did use it and I have no regrets, I do regret using my mystic gem on voodoo since the current state of the game doesn't have much use for him, maybe map 6( which I don't do)
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    He is your r5 use it!!
    If you want a silver star like me go for it
  • Ugg lol this is not an easy decision. When I was close to finishing act 5 I was certain I was going to awaken him lol
    Ugg lol this is not an easy decision. When I was close to finishing act 5 I was certain I was going to awaken him lol

Are you running a path in LOL regardless of whether he is duped? If "Yes," don't use the gem because you will get a 5* awakening gem crystal and if you get a tech than you know who you can use it on. If "No," then ask yourself will it really be useful for him to be duped in the content you run (I'm assuming mainly AW). Do you currently lose your Starky in AW, or use potions and revives to keep him alive? If not then why use the gem? If you don't typically have him alive at the end or you typically use potions on him then by all means use a gem as it will finish fights faster with less time to screw up. If you are planning to 100% LOL then go ahead and use the gem as you will get another.
  • It would help our alliance if I did were! You should be all for it! Yeah I’m going to go as far in LOL as my skill allows. I do owe some friends some revives and pots for helping through act 5. Afternoon I return them I’m going to save for LoL. I will at least wait and see what happens with aw rewards. Maybe I will get lucky
    It would help our alliance if I did were! You should be all for it! Yeah I’m going to go as far in LOL as my skill allows. I do owe some friends some revives and pots for helping through act 5. Afternoon I return them I’m going to save for LoL. I will at least wait and see what happens with aw rewards. Maybe I will get lucky

I am all for our alliance getting better! However, no point in using a gem on Spidey if you don't need to. If you are planning on LOL then you might as well as you will want all the extra damage you can get.
  • Thanks man.
  • Sorry to keep this up but I was hoping for a few more votes. Thanks to everyone that has voted and the ones that will come in. Figure it’s going to be “use it” for the win.
  • That’s what I keep hearing. Thanks for the response