**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    At what point does Marvel step in and stop kabam from making a mochory of the Marvel brand?

They surprisingly never have as far as I know. There were rumors that they did during 12.0 but the mods denied that ever happened.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    Why are you doing this? What do you gain from posting these snarky comments and pissing people off? You have done nothing except get all your posts flagged and ignored.

Honestly, if you’re displeased with people’s reactions about this appreciation, keep it to yourself. There is a poll with over 95% of the players saying they are not satisfied and another poll with over 75% of the votes saying they would start a boycott over this. So I think it is quite established that the general feeling hate for kabam. Now, you’re causing a lot of people to hate you.

Just what is your problem?

He loves to troll and be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    At what point does Marvel step in and stop kabam from making a mochory of the Marvel brand?

They surprisingly never have as far as I know. There were rumors that they did during 12.0 but the mods denied that ever happened.

Most contracts for products like MCOC have some kind of "Do no harm" clause where a company like Marvel could intercede when it is shown that the company they licensed to are harming the brand. Marvel would not step in unless they feel Kabam is starting to harm their brand.

• AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    No. I don't love to Troll. A term that people use when they don't like the truth. A Troll incites reactions intentionally. You can't speak for my intentions, and that's not what they are. Days and days of overreacting, and you think I want to hear more? No.
    I'm telling people the reality of the situation. They don't want to hear it. They just plug their ears and keep posting thinking they'll get what they want.

If you are so mad about 95% of the players being unhappy with this compensation and they are complaining about it, why not just stop reading the thread. There is No one forcing you to read it
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Is there a block button, if not can we get one?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    No. I don't love to Troll. A term that people use when they don't like the truth. A Troll incites reactions intentionally. You can't speak for my intentions, and that's not what they are. Days and days of overreacting, and you think I want to hear more? No.
    I'm telling people the reality of the situation. They don't want to hear it. They just plug their ears and keep posting thinking they'll get what they want.

If you are so mad about 95% of the players being unhappy with this compensation and they are complaining about it, why not just stop reading the thread. There is No one forcing you to read it

I'm not mad at all. I was displaying the fact that there's been enough ranting. My intention is not to add to it. It's to add some reason.
    Also, the Forum consititues a small number of the Player Base. Not everyone.
    I'm trying to explain parts of the situation that aren't being acknowledged. That's how things most commonly operate. This is the objective, any logic to the contrary is rejected, any voice of reason is agaisnt us and for Kabam. My view is impartial. Not against Kabam and not against the Players. It just happens to be that people have taken it overboard. I have yet to see such a reaction from Kabam. "You suck! I'm Boycotting the Players! You don't give a #### about our game! I'm calling my Lawyer!".
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Levels are based on progression over time. That's not a value judgment on the Players. Level 60 people are not better, therefore more important, than Level 6 people. Do not assume what I do and do not need or make. It's not helping your case. If people are prevented from playing, the effect is the same. They can't play. Time and effort is the same in the real world. It's not separated by Tiers.

Lol you’re ridiculous. I don’t need to assume that because you prove it post by post. This has nothing to do with importance it’s about what was lost. You can’t lose what you never had. Level 6 players aren’t getting 10k 5 star shards a week but higher level players are.

How exactly was it lost if you need to earn it? It's not owed on a given. Not when we're talking about War and Arenas. You're not owed what you don't compete for. You can't assume it's yours until you put up the Points/Wins.

Ok then when someone gets injured an has time off work an gets compensation why do they also compensate for loss of earnings when that person hasn't worked it ?

@GroundedWisdom can you answer my question ?

I'm not mad at all. I was displaying the fact that there's been enough ranting. My intention is not to add to it. It's to add some reason.
    I'm trying to explain parts of the situation that aren't being acknowledged. That's how things most commonly operate. This is the objective, any logic to the contrary is rejected, any voice of reason is agaisnt us and for Kabam. My view is impartial. Not against Kabam and not against the Players. It just happens to be that people have taken it overboard. I have yet to see such a reaction from Kabam. "You suck! I'm Boycotting the Players! You don't give a #### about our game! I'm calling my Lawyer!".

So. How's act 3 going? Have you beat thanos yet?

So. How's act 3 going? Have you beat thanos yet?

Right. That contributes a great deal to the conversation. It was great. Years ago.
    -.-
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    What are the odds that one Collected player is right and all the end game players in this thread are wrong?
  • CosmicRealmCosmicRealm Posts: 3
    Kabam knows at this point the player base has been whipped into submission.. KaScam does not need the excess hundreds of millions they just want to take fancy vacations. This is straight up classism, the top being kabam who doesnt have to do **** to rake in profits, the butt being us who do all the work to generate said revenue and get nothing in return. They know vwry well what they are doing.. and they kbow most are too invested $$$ to simply put down the game.. they got us by the balls with a shock collar on. Karma will get you kabam, just keep this up and you will see. When it hits the fan, dont be asking us for mercy u already showed you dont really care about us. You obly care about profit
    1. Never said those words. That was twisted out of another point I made.
    2. That's an opinion. It's also based on months and years of seeing reactions.
    3. That much anyone can read for themselves.
    71.7k views and 1.5k comments. And still sitting here waiting for a moderator
  • sha2356__sha2356__ Posts: 82
    Hey guys!

It's Sha. Summoner appreciation week still isn't equivalent compensations

Cheers!
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    I'm really hoping you guys have some incredible suprises for us tomorrow...

They have surprises. Emergency maintenance, Surprise!

Hate to say I told you so but you know.....
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Levels are based on progression over time. That's not a value judgment on the Players. Level 60 people are not better, therefore more important, than Level 6 people. Do not assume what I do and do not need or make. It's not helping your case. If people are prevented from playing, the effect is the same. They can't play. Time and effort is the same in the real world. It's not separated by Tiers.

Lol you’re ridiculous. I don’t need to assume that because you prove it post by post. This has nothing to do with importance it’s about what was lost. You can’t lose what you never had. Level 6 players aren’t getting 10k 5 star shards a week but higher level players are.

How exactly was it lost if you need to earn it? It's not owed on a given. Not when we're talking about War and Arenas. You're not owed what you don't compete for. You can't assume it's yours until you put up the Points/Wins.

Ok then when someone gets injured an has time off work an gets compensation why do they also compensate for loss of earnings when that person hasn't worked it ?

@GroundedWisdom can you answer my question ?

It's not a job. It's a game.

But that what compensation is, doesn't matter if it's a game or not. You compensated for lost revenue, items etc. Kenan have even compensates many times before for things we should of earned but couldn't. Case an point is the Merc missions.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    Game is down again. Wish they’d get their acts together. I don’t feel appreciated.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Kabam knows at this point the player base has been whipped into submission..

12.0 also predates the content creator program. It's harder to organize resistance when the most popular YouTubers aren't allowed to directly criticize the game.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    People who aren't raging about Kabam are not derailing. They just aren't on the bandwagon. For that matter, comment after comment putting someone down is pretty derailing.

So those that aren’t happy with this pittance they call compensation are jumping on a bandwagon.
    Have you considered that perhaps this compensation just doesn’t cover the weeks of issues for them personally?

Me personally, the compensation covered about 3 days of casual arena grinding, 3 out of about 18 days. Missed void too which sucked, but I know I wouldn’t get him as part of the comp, even though I know I could get him had I been able to play more than 10-15 minutes at a time, and even those short bursts have damaged the battery slightly
  • SværdetSværdet Posts: 9
    I'm at a point where I can't even get upset or disappointed about this. It's so bad and ironic that I'm just laughing.

After 2 month with the worst performance of any game I've played - including direct damage to the devices used to play the game Kabam gives us 1 week of appreciation.

The value of that in itself is a joke compered to the problems, but that's not the worst part. The laughable thing is that the previous years there has been a summoner appreciation month - without it being related to any problems with the game.

I really want to meet the one who came up with this logic - it's priceless...
This discussion has been closed.