**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Character abilities Kabam got spot on or basically made up

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Just something I thought of, what are some champions that you feel Kabam designed perfectly? Their abilities make total sense based on the comics and/or movies.
Alternatively, what makes absolutely no sense? Abilities that are never shown or even hinted at in the comics and/or movies?
I feel like Wolverine and Rouge were perfect, and Domino and Cap. America IW are kinda inaccurate.

Comments

• RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Almost any of the ability reduction skills are weird to me. In fact, really only Domino's make sense...she manipulates luck, right? How does Blade, with his swords and guns prevent a dimensional being from opening a portal to another dimension and use that energy to damage opponents (because that's what Limbo is...)

Some of the lack of abilities are some of the interesting oversights but that's another discussion.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    I'd mention the inconsistency with immunities, but that's been discussed too many times that I'll pass on it. A lot of champs are spot on, but I think it just comes down to certain abilities like power drain, power lock, ability reduction that was mentioned that really only were developed for the gameplay. Also glancing from Ant man is a wierd ability.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Almost any of the ability reduction skills are weird to me. In fact, really only Domino's make sense...she manipulates luck, right? How does Blade, with his swords and guns prevent a dimensional being from opening a portal to another dimension and use that energy to damage opponents (because that's what Limbo is...)

Some of the lack of abilities are some of the interesting oversights but that's another discussion.

I could see AAR being plausible. For example, BW and the art of stealth would allow her to sneak up and take out someone before they had the option to evade or trigger a shield around them.

Domino’s critical failure seems like it’s out of left field. I don’t remember her ever having energy based powers.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Love this topic! I think about this stuff ALL THE FREAKING TIME!

In my opinion, Kabam absolutely nailed:
    1. The Hood
    2. OG Spider-Man (when awakened)
    3. Iceman
    4. Wolverine
    5. Hulk

Characters I don't think "feel right":
    1. Domino (Think she's just broken)
    2. Iron Man/Superior Iron Man/Iron Patriot (Arc Overload makes zero sense, based on lore)
    3. Jane Foster (Feels substantially less powerful than OG Thor)
    4. Star-Lord (Not saying it needs to be changed, but we all know his sig ability is crazy)
    5. OG Vision (He really needs some type of density mechanic for evade, armor up/strength)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DRTO wrote: »
    I'd mention the inconsistency with immunities, but that's been discussed too many times that I'll pass on it. A lot of champs are spot on, but I think it just comes down to certain abilities like power drain, power lock, ability reduction that was mentioned that really only were developed for the gameplay. Also glancing from Ant man is a wierd ability.

Power is itself an invented game mechanic, as few comic books heroes or villains have to "charge themselves up" by punching people before they can use their powers. I see things like Vision's power burn as being less about a literal power drain and more about interfering somehow with the ability of his opponent to use his best attacks. That's not entirely wildly out of touch with how I imagine a fight against the Vision might go. Conceptually, expending the effort to use a powerful attack that just goes nowhere because Vision phased out at that moment has a similar net effect as subtracting power from the champion. For game balance purposes some of these effects have to be emulated by very rough alternatives.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Ultron evade is a little weird. Never saw him do that anywhere.
    Korg. I never would have thought he'd try abusing Miek like that. I understand the heavy a bit, but the blocking animation too? I mean, that's just cruel.

I mean, based on every marvel movie ever, every champ should have bleed. I mean, Cap punches someone in the face, they bleed. IM punched someone in the face, they bleed. Ultron shoots quiksilver, he bleeds. *sniff* I'm not crying.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    honestly wit the comics alot of these champs make no sense especially when it comes to power scaling.

i never knew the longer the fight go the more powerful and god like sl becomes.
    i never knew blade and spidey stark where the most powerful characters in the marvel universe
    dont get me started about the characters that use swords but cant cause bleed lol

and there's alot more......
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They totally ignored Howard's ability to seduce beautiful women.
  • Ploop_PlaapPloop_Plaap Posts: 141
    I feel like wolverine needs to inflict bleed and gain regeneration twice as much. Just me though.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Taskmaster is one of those they nailed I think, the slow ramp up but insane damage If in the right circumstances, think that lines up pretty well, As for the ones I’m unsure about...Sentry just, why is he a ramp up character? He’s the power of a million suns, not the power of a rock, then the power of bigger rock and when at 5 warp charges, he hits like a large boulder. Kinda strange
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    @Wakanda4Ever278 Don't think X-force Deadpool had regeneration abilities.

• SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited September 2018
    Spot on:

Wolverine: nice healing, bleeding and animations. He should still close wounds faster than normal tough

X-23: same as wolverine

Nightcrawler: nice teleporting evades, great sword and animations

Spiderman: nice animations and evading due to spider sense

Captain america: nice animations and good blocking even though his L1 is meh

Dormammu: nice powers and animations, his design is cool too

Archangel: amazing powers, design and animations

Iceman: amazing powers, design and animations, but he should also be immune to coldsnap

Blade: amazing powers, design and animations. However i d put him as a mystic

Hyperion: amazing powers, design and animations, but he should be a villain, in the Avengers cartoons he is a member of the cabala

Quake: nice powers, design amd animations

Incomplete/ inaccurate:

Vision: nice powers and animations, however he doesnt use his intangibility powers, he should be able to phase atacks like Hood or Vulture

Ghost: same as Vision, should add phasing, both would be better defenders

Antman: this is more of a personal opinion. I think glancing sucks, he should get a buff to evade atacks kinda like the Wasp, but without that lame shock. Antman is currently ome of the worst champs in the game. His powers and animations are fun tough

Scarlet witch: i just think they were a bit lazy on that sp3 animation, and it bugs me when she restarts her own power bar or gives fury to the enemy

Rogue: they should increase the amount of time Rogue can keep the buffs she steal with sp1, if u evade a special u already lose it. Also, she keeps the buffs by touching the enemy, but why she doesnt refresh it when the enemy touches her? It still contact. The rest i think she s great

Thor Ragnarok: the ultimate stupidity, that awfull dancing stance and using weapons and specials based on stuff he used on the movie for 30 seconds, just made an excuse to make him Skill and burned a Thor IW with Stormbreaker that could have been a great champ. I also domt see why he has autoblock. He has a shield, so what? So does Cap. His sp3 isnt so bad tough

I could go on and on wih this, everyone has their personal opinion sbout every champ