**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Explain this...

MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
edited August 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Sitting here playing a different (better) game entirely and the malware which is mcoc decides to pop up. z2uw1cmy0qon.jpg
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Hi!

Sorry for the confusion with this message popping up. We will look into what could be causing this crashing issue!

Also, @MrcMumble could you share with us your device model and operating system version? This will help as we look into the crash.
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    edited August 2018
    Look into the crash.... a crash would imply I was playing your game which I wasnt. This is virus/malware behavior. why would it be crashing if it isnt running?? I've already uninstalled this game but for others who are still addicted to this game that might be experiencing it as well..
    Samsung Galaxy s9+ latest android build.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    it means you didnt close out your game completely the last time you were on... thats what phones do
    edited August 2018
    It was completely closed out. Even the impossible chance it wasnt it would have solved it first time it popped up when you hit close app. But it popped up every 40 seconds.
    edited August 2018
    Here is bug-ceprion for you I couldn't even finish posting before it popped again.59s2yw77mm0u.jpg
    You can flag all you want dude this is info for the mod so you can go away now kthxbye
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    He's sounds mad. Must of had a bad 5* pull.lol
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    @MrcMumble It's probably related to their notifications timer system. Something probably didn't get fully removed. Good luck, hope you can clear it out
    It's not even installed anymore, good to see the kabam sympathisers and toxicity is rampant in the forums
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Hate to burst your Kabam-hating bubble, but I get that with other games so it's not just MCOC.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    MrcMumble wrote: »
    Look into the crash.... a crash would imply I was playing your game which I wasnt. This is virus/malware behavior. why would it be crashing if it isnt running?? I've already uninstalled this game but for others who are still addicted to this game that might be experiencing it as well..
    Samsung Galaxy s9+ latest android build.

Its not related to malware. Apps run in the background all time with Android. With MCOC it was probably a notification trying to come through and possibly interfered with andriods task killer. There are lots lf reasons it can happen but spyware/malware is probably the last thing that it could be.
    @Demonzfyre I understand I wasnt calling it malware. Just was acting like it. I had it 100% completely closed out and it still popped up every 40 secs. All of this started after the update so something was obviously broken in the process as usual.
    But as I said I've uninstalled, I only posted to show them to fix it for the people who still actually care about the game.
    @Demonzfyre I understand I wasnt calling it malware. Just was acting like it. I had it 100% completely closed out and it still popped up every 40 secs. All of this started after the update so something was obviously broken in the process as usual.

Doesn't matter if you close out though. MCOC runs in the background all the time due to the notifications. Unless you go into the app settings through app manager and turn on background data, it will always be there.
    But as I said I've uninstalled, I only posted to show them to fix it for the people who still actually care about the game.

Hate to say this but they cant fix it from your screenshot. Its great to report issues but you need to give more info.
    Notifications were turned off as well.
    I appreciate the effort @Demonzfyre at least some people on the forums have some form of tact, but this isn't my problem anymore. I hope you have a good rest of your day sir.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    I've been dealing with the exact same thing since doing the update. Using a Moto z2 force, Android 8.0.0
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We are investigating the issue as it may be related to notifications, which is why it may pop up when you aren't in the game. Thanks for the information and if anyone else is seeing this, please share with us your device and operating system information as that is very helpful. Thanks!