**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Blade Over-rated??

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,674 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @Demonzfyre uh he’s probably gunna be pretty good vs Kingpin since he’s a #villain... Just don’t use debuffs and, instead of using Specials, use your power to heal yourself while you bait heavy attacks.

Since Blade applies bleed on well-timed blocks, it would be very difficult to avoid landing DoT debuffs when using Blade against Map 6 Kingpin. That combined with Kingpin's AAR protection makes Blade probably not the best choice there.

Blade is the best choice everywhere except bleed or poison node.

Technically he's also not a good idea against biohazard. But setting that kind of thing aside, I wouldn't recommend him against Morningstar on Map 5, say. And a high rank Cable would also be a less than favorable match up. But the Map 6 Kingpin seems almost specifically designed to kill Blade and Archangel. There's no way he's the best choice there.

Agreed. What I just said? He is not good agaisnt bleed or posion!!!

Is that what you said? Let's go to the tape:
    Blade is the best choice everywhere except bleed or poison node.

The Morningstar miniboss on Map 5 is not on a bleed or poison node. But even if you actually meant "against anything with bleed or poison" instead of a "bleed or poison node," neither Cable nor Map 6 Kingpin have bleed or poison. Cable is a bad matchup because he degens when you stack bleeds on him, and Kingpin on Map 6 is going to be a bad match up because even with synergies Blade won't be able to reduce Kingpin's ability accuracy and he will gain power and increased overpower status whenever you place a DoT on him.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Blade is not only very strong himself, but he also has amazing synergies with GR and Sparky. That’s why he is so good.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Blade is amazing. The daily nerf threads when he came out were absurd. He was probably overrated at that point. Then people started posting about how overrated he was... He's probably properly rated at this point lol. He saved me a ton of items on act 5 and handled LOL abom and electro pretty easily. Good for Maestro. But he isn't pre 12.0 SW and he isn't the answer for everything.
  • Options
    LightZenithLightZenith Posts: 24
    edited August 2018
    He's not the answer to everything a lot of people seem to think he is but he's an answer to a whole lot of the annoying parts of this game

This. Let's call it for what it is. Blade is the answer to many things, but not the answer to every thing. I find that people tend to swing to extremes.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre uh he’s probably gunna be pretty good vs Kingpin since he’s a #villain... Just don’t use debuffs and, instead of using Specials, use your power to heal yourself while you bait heavy attacks.

Since Blade applies bleed on well-timed blocks, it would be very difficult to avoid landing DoT debuffs when using Blade against Map 6 Kingpin. That combined with Kingpin's AAR protection makes Blade probably not the best choice there.

Very difficult, in your opinion... Also I never said he was the best choice only pretty good vs Kingpin; I’d appreciate when you quote me you’d actually address what I said instead of fighting straw men.

@My_Superior I dont think you are understanding what we are trying to tell you. We read what you said and understand what you mean. Blade is a fantastic option against Kingpin under normal conditions. However, using Blade against Map 6 Kingpin would probably be a very bad idea. Even Map 5 would be more difficult.
    The reason being is that in AQ, the Kingpin boss has AAR ability. This means that Blade with the GR synergy wont be effective since Blade can't reduce KP's abilities to convert rage. Since Blade applies bleed from every special and on well timed blocks, KP will gain rage buffs quickly. In the addition to Map 6, the unbridled rage node would make using blade a very, very difficult fight. Could he still do the fight? Sure, but it will not be an easy fight.
    This is what DNA and myself are trying to tell you and this is only in reference to AQ Kingpin, no other versions.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre @DNA3000 while I can see where you both are coming from, it is quite possible to play blade and purposefully not cause DOT effects. It is also possible to play in such a way that you don't need to parry attacks. In the end I still think Blade will be quite viable vs KP because it isn't all that hard to play Blade differently so as not to cause debuffs. I'm not saying he will be the best option, but he's definitely still a viable one.
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Blade pair with the right other champs will effectivly counter about 50% of the champs in game. This is very good because half is a huge number chances are with 1-2 other champs a team with blade can counter anything is the game for example blade,gr,heimdall this team can counter just about anything in the game rn
  • Options
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @Demonzfyre @DNA3000 while I can see where you both are coming from, it is quite possible to play blade and purposefully not cause DOT effects. It is also possible to play in such a way that you don't need to parry attacks. In the end I still think Blade will be quite viable vs KP because it isn't all that hard to play Blade differently so as not to cause debuffs. I'm not saying he will be the best option, but he's definitely still a viable one.

(Sigh)...I never said he wasn't an option. I'm saying he is further down the list than you think.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

(Sigh)...I never said he wasn't an option. I'm saying he is further down the list than you think.

That's debatable... But I guess until we actually play him we won't know who is "the best." It'll be just like if you are playing Blade against a cornered node. Not really difficult, you just have to play slightly different. Doesn't necessarily mean he will move down on the list of top options.
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

That's debatable... But I guess until we actually play him we won't know who is "the best." It'll be just like if you are playing Blade against a cornered node. Not really difficult, you just have to play slightly different. Doesn't necessarily mean he will move down on the list of top options.

Ok.
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Can't counter evade, I'd rather use a combo of Iceman and quake... Void is also better in my opinion
  • Options
    Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    When he was released he countered mystic wars, the best in the game at the time, now with Auto block he is still top 5 but not the best